General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Operation: DOLEUS MAXIMUS (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=834095)

[H]ard|On 02-28-2012 02:54 AM

lol I read your fish posts...

i know nothing about fish keeping but found them amusing

Baloneyflaps 02-28-2012 03:00 AM

[QUOTE=JoePits;24980743]I'm at a lizard lounge drinking some $2 rolling rocks.[/QUOTE]

you're at a dance club in Dallas?

Xcric 02-28-2012 03:01 AM

[QUOTE='[H]ard|On;24981020']lol I read your fish posts...

i know nothing about fish keeping but found them amusing[/QUOTE]

i come across as a bit snobby when talking about it here, but thats just venting, when it comes to talking to the general public i'm rather nice and try to be informative while explaining things in simple, understandable terms, 9 times out of 10 it works and people walk away happy and dont' come back with dead fish. but theres always that one asshole who refuses to listen to a god damned thing and comes back week after week with dead fish while bitching about how shitty our stock is.

like those fucking fags who have a full grown angelfish and keep trying to put in baby angelfish. sorry you dumb fucks, but putting a fish the size of a quarter in the same tank as a fish the size of your hand, when they have an aggressive temperament, just isn't going to fucking work. take another dick to the ass about it. but hey thats my fault, not theirs. don't ever suggest its their fault. i've also learned not to even bother trying to explain the whole cycle of the break down of organics in an aquarium to them either. they have a filter. they don't need to worry about fish waste. :rolleyes:

Xcric 02-28-2012 03:07 AM

i like the asshole cop who, when his daughter asked why the lights go out on the tanks (when we close) and i responded with so the fish know its night time so they can sleep, he says 'thats a load of bullshit, fish don't sleep, he's lying to you.

but hey, this is also a guy who has been told we get fish in on wednesday morning, and they take at least 4 hours to unbox and get out, but still comes in on saturday, sunday, and monday, only to bitch at me because we don't have live ghost shrimp and his eel won't eat anything else. nevermind that he hasn't tried to feed it anything else...

christ i think i fucking hate the people that frequent that store. crickets come tuesdays and thursdays, but every fucking monday the same god damned people come in looking for crickets that we never have in stock, and get mad when they're told to come back tomorrow. the one chick that's done this every monday for at least the past 3 months (that i can remember) did that today, and i finally said, i tell you every monday they come in on tuesday, maybe you should try to come in on a tuesday instead this week. and walked off before she could let any rancid shit fall out of her mouth in response.

thrawn 02-28-2012 03:13 AM

before my sister got married, my bro-in-law and i rented a place. he had the brilliant idea of getting a 50 gallon tank, going to a local fish farm and putting 12" bass in it.

now he has a squirrel in it

Xcric 02-28-2012 03:14 AM

its not like its something specific to that store though, it goes on everywhere. either this town is populated by complete fucking retards (i live here after all) or people in general are just fucking stupid.

i like the lady who told me it was inhumane to scoop fish out with a net, and that i should find another way. i also love the people who buy feeder fish as pets and proudly proclaim that they're saving them. no. you idiot. you're supporting and perpetuating the cycle that breeds and sells them. if you want to save them, don't buy them. they don't sell, they stop getting bred and sold. simple as that. by buying them you're giving the company that runs that farm money to stay in business.

half of them are sold to stock ponds or as pets anyway, so you're not really saving them from shit, especially when you throw them into your toilet of an aquarium and they die in a week, only to have you take their body back to the store and demand a replacement.

Xcric 02-28-2012 03:18 AM

[QUOTE=thrawn;24981028]before my sister got married, my bro-in-law and i rented a place. he had the brilliant idea of getting a 50 gallon tank, going to a local fish farm and putting 12" bass in it.

now he has a squirrel in it[/QUOTE]

when i had an empty 55 i thought about throwing some sunnies or something local into it. they're actually rather nice looking. anyway yeah. there was a dude i worked with for a bit that had a 50 set up for bass. he'd catch a little one and raise it, when it got too big for the tank he'd eat it.

okay, that one gets me. why the fuck do people keep squirrels? you can't even fucking begin to imagine the number of people who come in and get shit for baby squirrels that they "rescued" or a squirrel that they maimed with their car that they've now "saved". they're fucking speed bumps not pets.

thrawn 02-28-2012 03:24 AM

[QUOTE=Xcric;24981030]when i had an empty 55 i thought about throwing some sunnies or something local into it. they're actually rather nice looking. anyway yeah. there was a dude i worked with for a bit that had a 50 set up for bass. he'd catch a little one and raise it, when it got too big for the tank he'd eat it.

okay, that one gets me. why the fuck do people keep squirrels? you can't even fucking begin to imagine the number of people who come in and get shit for baby squirrels that they "rescued" or a squirrel that they maimed with their car that they've now "saved". they're fucking speed bumps not pets.[/QUOTE]

i have no fucking clue why they have it. they have 15 acres, it's not like he doesn't see a squirrel everyday. my mom told me to shoot any squirrels i see when i visit.

edit> the bad part about him getting a tank was that he had never had one before. so someone would usually call or yell up to my room when something was wrong.

Baloneyflaps 02-28-2012 03:25 AM

[QUOTE=thrawn;24981028]before my sister got married, my bro-in-law and i rented a place. he had the brilliant idea of getting a 50 gallon tank, going to a local fish farm and putting 12" bass in it.

now he has a squirrel in it[/QUOTE]

dang, I guess squirrels are better swimmers than I thought

thrawn 02-28-2012 03:37 AM

[QUOTE=Baloneyflaps;24981032]dang, I guess squirrels are better swimmers than I thought[/QUOTE]

the damn things are growing gills

thrawn 02-28-2012 03:42 AM

on the bright side, it's a black squirrel and he calls it shanaynay

Baloneyflaps 02-28-2012 03:45 AM

some people are so fucking stupid

some mexicans in san antonio are upset that a recreation of an old mural depicting mission san jose might include a couple people in sombreros

[url]http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Mission-Drive-In-mural-proposal-draws-protest-3365639.php#photo-2533519[/url]

I guess they aren't comfortable with their own folklore and history... I wonder if they'd feel better if the mural depicted them standing in front of Home Depot wearing San Antonio Spurs hats instead leright

thrawn 02-28-2012 03:55 AM

that's fucking retarded

TUT RAGE!!! 02-28-2012 04:02 AM

[QUOTE=pyramid;24980593]So unrealistic. In what alternate reality would humans ever spend more on NASA's space propulsion budget than on weapons?

pfffft[/QUOTE]

Even the fucking cylons use bullets and not fancy laser plasma shit come on man.

Jack's raging erection 02-28-2012 04:11 AM

[QUOTE=TUT RAGE!!!;24981037]Even the fucking cylons use bullets and not fancy laser plasma shit come on man.[/QUOTE]

They would use that laser plasma shit if you weren't hogging all the high speed. Asshole.