View Single Post
Prayell

Vancouver, BC
These are the best places I have found in Vancouver, BC.

Kenyan:
Simba's Grill
825 Denman Street

Simba's has some of the greatest spicy food you'll eat. I suggest each person order one of the $9 plates and everyone share a bit. The owner will often come and suggest things, so talk with him because he's very friendly.

Italian:
La Rocca Ristorante Italiano
1565 Commercial Drive

La Rocca is the most reasonably priced authentic Italian food I have found and it is by far the best place for a date. Make sure to get at their wine list as they import some amazing stuff.

Indian fusion:
Vij's
1480 W 11th Ave.

Expensive place, but the duck breast in lime leaf curry and jalapeno rice is untouchable. Get it? Untouchables.

Malaysian:
Banana Leaf
3005 West Broadway

Banana Leaf is rather surprising because it has a variety of dishes for all tastes including spinach in shrimp and the sambal chili with fried okra, eggplant & green bean. I suggest going earlier in the evening however because the food takes a long time to prepare.

Salvadoran: (my favourite place to eat)
Rinconcito Salvadorean Restaurant
2062 Commercial Drive

The best place in Vancouver. I eat here at least once a week and the only problem I have is that you can't go on Friday's for dinner unless you want a minimum one hour standing wait. Seriously epic establishment for those who like Latin American food.

Last edited by TheRequiem; 04-25-2008 at 01:53 PM..