View Single Post
RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
I took a self defense class for pistols and my instructor handed me an empty gun that he told me was loaded and i totally jerked to the left, then he explained about the recoil anticipation thing and after 1 day i had almost eliminated it when i had time to aim but i still missed a lot when we had to shoot at several targets in succession. that's why i'm getting a judge 2 1/2 with the 3" barrel i want less recoil and lots of spread cause i cant hit shit when you factor in adrenaline in a live firefight for home defense.

I certainly won't dispute this, but I find that, even when I know the gun isn't loaded, the action of my finger moving the trigger sometimes moves the gun to the left a little in my hand.

Nothing about shooting a handgun is natural - it takes a lot of practice to properly train your body to do it right. Something you might consider is getting yourself a .22LR target pistol, like a Mark III, and shooting a fuckload of that. I found that this helped immensely for my ability to control larger calibers.