General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

princess0fdiabl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagent View Post
Collections agency? What the fuck. So does that mean if I don't pay I'll have a debt collector on my ass and it'll lower my credit score?

For a damn toll ticket I got out of state? Will I get arrested in CA?

There's a damn good chance. If you got an actual cop given traffic ticket here in CA it would go to a collections agency if you didnt deal with it. A toll ticket is more akin to a parking ticket though so it just depends on the city/agency.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Slash
DoucheBagalo

Illinois tolls blow. This I know.

For the curious, Illinois now has a website where you can pay missed tolls online. Obviously, you need to pay them before a ticket gets sent to you, but it does come in handy. Nothing like charging $1.60 to your credit card

Oh, and you mentioned the Blagojevich signs at every tollway station. They covered all of those up the very day he was impeached

Therapist
IMNobody's last title

I'd write them a letter explaining that the only booths open required exact change and you didn't see any other option available at the time. Then try to negotiate a less insane penalty.

This all assumes your time is worth less than money though...I'd probably just pay it

FBAnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Ok I did a lot more research on this issue.

Had it been the other way around, you would have been good. But since it isn't, treat it like a in-state violation.

Yes you will get points on your record regardless (although it may only be one point as opposed to numerous since it was out of state.)

Yes, CA can and will suspend your license.

Yes, IL can and will arrest you for a warrant out due to this if you're ever in Illinois again.

Driver's License Aggreement information:
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/dla.html
(This is the one that supposedly replaces the DLC and the NRVC)

Here's the exact text of the DLA:

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/dla.pdf

Pay special attention to article 9 as that pertains to you.

CA wont suspend his license. IL residents are punished far more than out-of-state residents. Secretary of State WILL suspend an IL resident license but not out of state. HOWEVER, out-of-state residents can still be sent over to collections and have their credit dinged for non-payment.

FBAnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucheBagalo View Post
Illinois tolls blow. This I know.

For the curious, Illinois now has a website where you can pay missed tolls online. Obviously, you need to pay them before a ticket gets sent to you, but it does come in handy. Nothing like charging $1.60 to your credit card

Oh, and you mentioned the Blagojevich signs at every tollway station. They covered all of those up the very day he was impeached

They don't send a violation notice until you accumulate THREE violations (they keep violations on record for a few years). Once you hit 3 unpaid violations they charge you $20 each + the toll. If you miss one and pay it on-line or via phone you don't owe $20 more.

Slash
DoucheBagalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBAnder View Post
They don't send a violation notice until you accumulate THREE violations (they keep violations on record for a few years). Once you hit 3 unpaid violations they charge you $20 each + the toll. If you miss one and pay it on-line or via phone you don't owe $20 more.

Right. I had a friend who managed to rack up 11 violations before they sent him something. That was pretty impressive

Last year, I recieved a violation notice of 4 missed tolls- all of which I had my Ipass installed for. Before I could even call to complain, they sent me a notice a few days later saying to disregard the fine. That was really strange.

Bottom line- fuck tolls.

Rancidpunk666

tell the rental company. we accidently did this in our car driving on a toll road in NY when we didn't see the ez-pass only sign.. we stopped and immedietly told a state trooper that was parked at the toll. he told us not to worry because in NY they won't ticket/fine for this if it's a first offense.
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

FBAnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucheBagalo View Post
Right. I had a friend who managed to rack up 11 violations before they sent him something. That was pretty impressive

Last year, I recieved a violation notice of 4 missed tolls- all of which I had my Ipass installed for. Before I could even call to complain, they sent me a notice a few days later saying to disregard the fine. That was really strange.

Bottom line- fuck tolls.

I keep getting notices for some dildo in a Malibu with a plate that has ONE number diff than mine... a 2 vs a 7. They keep putting it in for me. Every 3-4 months I'll get a notice saying I owe 60 somethin dollars and I call and bitch and they tell me to call the Secretary of State and check if car is registered properly...but they do dismiss everything. I wonder if they mail a notice to this asshole or he is just getting the shit for free...Im guessing the latter cause I keep getting these notices.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBAnder View Post
CA wont suspend his license. IL residents are punished far more than out-of-state residents. Secretary of State WILL suspend an IL resident license but not out of state. HOWEVER, out-of-state residents can still be sent over to collections and have their credit dinged for non-payment.

Are you 100% sure they won't? I'd rather err on the side of caution than just tell him to ignore it and never enter Illinois again as the only thing

FBAnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Are you 100% sure they won't? I'd rather err on the side of caution than just tell him to ignore it and never enter Illinois again as the only thing

Was in an article in the local paper...don't see why it would be bs But no, not 100% sure. Either way, they can still put a ding on his credit, I'd pay it one way or the other. All my out-of-state relatives hate coming here JUST because of the toll roads. If you arent ready for them, you are fucked.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

While I can't really comment on what you should do, I will say that yes, IL tollways are fucking terrible. I live in wisconsin, so I drive into illinois quite often. They've been pushing their 'ipass' shit for years. Most of the gates only have one, sometimes two, manned stations. They're always backed up to hell. You'd figure they realized people that drive through illinois twice a month don't want to pay $30 a month + tolls

Anyways, one time I had to skip a toll because there wasn't a manned gate open. I got a notice in the mail soon after. I mailed those fuckers all pennies, even though the postage was expensive - just to spite those assholes.

Clos
cheezy

Did you have people behind you?

Protip from an Indiana driver: I cover two numbers on my plate with painters tape (my plates are blue) before the toll booth and hop in the Ipass lane when I go to O'Hare if traffic is light, because I'm not paying $6 to drive 40 miles.

Like the poster above me said, go to the bank, get 250 rolls of pennies, dump them in a box, and ship them out to pay the fine. Fuck Illinois and the FID's.

Rancidpunk666

you can actually be reported to a state trooper if your ticket from toll booth #(whatever) to tool booth #(w/e) time and speed don't match.

ie: it takes exactly 24 minutes to travel from 77/80 to 44/80 going 95mph. it takes about 38 minutes going 60
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

slappy mcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
you can actually be reported to a state trooper if your ticket from toll booth #(whatever) to tool booth #(w/e) time and speed don't match.

ie: it takes exactly 24 minutes to travel from 77/80 to 44/80 going 95mph. it takes about 38 minutes going 60

holy shit that's fucked