General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Oh like, whatever.

Let me see your dating site profile.

I did thank you for your critisizms, I do appreciate them, I just dont think you understand my local culture and are a little too subscribed to silly stereotypes.

You DID see my profile, and you stole from it already
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

fullvietFX
 
fullvietFX's Avatar
 
Hit the gym and gain some weight dude, I gained 27lbs since October.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM fullvietFX is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
You DID see my profile, and you stole from it already

Oh right that was you. Yes I did steal from it, the personality type link was a good idea.

But I still dont see what makes your profile so much better than mine. I guess it describes you personality more but all you really say is I am introverted and play video games and then throw in a couple snide remarks about things.... what makes that so much better to women than what I have?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:29 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

ERL857
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I think the point is more that you shouldn't really be looking for a female version of yourself, rather seek to establish values in a partner that make for a mutually satisfying relationship. My wife and I have a lot of wildly divergent interests, but we get along very well. That probably wouldn't have happened if I had been looking for someone who just liked the same shit I did (also my interests have changed and will continue to, I'm sure).

I'm not sure how to translate that to a dating site page, but just listing all the individual topics you're into is kind of meaningless. Use the internet to meet real girls in real life, go on a bunch of dates, and use that to winnow them out.


Right. This is about right I think.

Tsrh

"Opposites attract" while cliche can prove to be very true. Diversity is a good thing, doesn't need to be extreme either.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 PM ERL857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

Hornswoggler1
 
Pictures: make more eye contact. Looking away is not engaging.

If you are so smart, why can't you be the one to make the conversation "meaningful "? Consider picking up something like tarot cards, palm reading, cold reading, astrology, etc. As it can get deep with somebody real quick and sounds like something you might enjoy.

Have more fun in your profile. The serious stuff can filter in later. Better you get lots of replies then YOU get to be the selective one.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 AM Hornswoggler1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

Hornswoggler1
 
Back to the OP, figure out if you want a traditional woman (housewife, which it sounds like you don't), peer (similar education and income), or professional woman. Once you know which you prefer, devise a strategy to meet as many of that type as possible. If you want a responsible and mature partner, avoid any profiles describing themselves as "free spirit" or other irresponsible red flags.

A woman can be very responsible and self sufficient on less money. Personally, I avoid the spoiled princess type. You know, the ones who have a new expensive and trendy purse every year.. Surely not purchased with their own hard earned money. Also, don't bother impressing girls with your job, money, or material things as these can all be temporary and don't create the attraction you desire.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:41 AM Hornswoggler1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggler1 View Post
Pictures: make more eye contact. Looking away is not engaging.

If you are so smart, why can't you be the one to make the conversation "meaningful "? Consider picking up something like tarot cards, palm reading, cold reading, astrology, etc. As it can get deep with somebody real quick and sounds like something you might enjoy.

Have more fun in your profile. The serious stuff can filter in later. Better you get lots of replies then YOU get to be the selective one.

Looking away is the whole "mysterious" look - was highly advicated during the whole "Pick-up Artist" advice. I can't confirm or deny - I'm not a female. However, I can admit that the dark looking away type of pictures can look the best from a male perspective. /Shrug, either way, my profile pictures SUCKED in online dating because I was an ugly fatty that avoided social scenes until then. So the only pictures I could have, were ones taken by myself... Yeaaaaa Thats not good haha.

Nevertheless, all I'm saying is my profile text did just as much as the whole "kick-ass" pictures does.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
I gave up, I'm going asexual.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

jayjaya29
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I gave up, I'm going asexual.

Same here, its working out great.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 PM jayjaya29 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
What is it with girls my age that if you start talking anything about career and jobs, and making money they immediatly start like losing interest. It's like there afraid to let their brain rest on the fact their is a number of value over their head, and their survival completely depends on it.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

Hornswoggler1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
What is it with girls my age that if you start talking anything about career and jobs, and making money they immediatly start like losing interest. It's like there afraid to let their brain rest on the fact their is a number of value over their head, and their survival completely depends on it.

Money does not generate attraction. It may be a prerequisite or nice-to-have if she is considering you for long term, but don't rush into that. You are better off focusing on humor, being confident in yourself, having ambition/dreams/goals (doesnt have to be career), showing passion for things, making a meaningful personal connection, escalating physical contact, and having a good time.

Hell, don't even talk about jobs or hometowns or the other boring "interview date" type questions. Don't get all serious and shit, just have fun. In the meantime, learn how to create attraction (hint: it's not with money).
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 AM Hornswoggler1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
That's not why they lose interest. They lose interest because thats not what they want to talk about right then. Get into the important stuff when you both decide the relationship is worth pursuing beyond sex and partying.
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Last edited by Lurker; 03-21-2012 at 09:19 AM..
Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 AM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
What is it with girls my age that if you start talking anything about career and jobs, and making money they immediatly start like losing interest. It's like there afraid to let their brain rest on the fact their is a number of value over their head, and their survival completely depends on it.

Shit, move to the DC area. It's all anyone can talk about.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

Malmhead
 
Okay, for all your pictures, either be clean shaven or rock a beard... the unshaven look does not "pop". Comb your hair. You can keep your glasses depending on how your dress. It DOES make you look emo in the photos. Professional attire might fix this (dress shirt, polo, something other than flannel and what I assume is a henley). Also, don't wear the same clothes in multiple photos. Get a nice looking wrist watch.

For the close ups, get a friend in the photos. A full body shot group photo with other people would be good too. Get rid of all your solo photos. Also, make sure these friends are well dressed and look like the successful people you want to marry/be friends with. None of these hipster scrubs that make no money that look just like you.

For your details, get rid of income. get rid of c++. Get rid of "other and laughing about it" - even if you are atheist, don't mock religion, you will alienate a lot of people. Why don't you have answers for "education" and "job" are you an unemployed high school dropout? What are the options for Drugs and Pets? can you specify "none" instead of dashes? not sure what "strictly other" diet is, but again, don't alienate yourself if there's a better, more general option. I don't know how I feel about native american either, its not a con, but why is it there? I'm 1/32 Cherokee but I certainly wouldn't put it up there.

What I’m doing with my life
I get paid to make computer generated imagery and program iPads.

revise this to something like:
I work for X company doing computer work, I really enjoy: passion 1, 2, 3, 4 etc on weekends, evenings whatever.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
instead of iterating specific things go with genres and author/subgenre, mystery novels by xy, indie music especially electonic, action movies, indian and italian food, etc. As someone mentioned, drop the technical stuff out of everything but the what im doing with my life part and "job" details

The six things I could never do without
get rid of:

-Electricity. - this is stupid, sorry
-Vitamin D supplement. - this implies some sort of genetic or otherwise deficiency, you do not put something like this on a dating application for reproduction
-A continuous flow of new technology. - ditch the tech
-The feeling that I am working towards something larger. - its cool that you're ambitious, but this pretentious

On a typical Friday night I am
Working on my personal projects. - no you're not, your out being social and going places, understand?

I’m looking for:

Girls who like guys
Ages 20–30
Near me
Who are single
For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating

are these check boxes or something? get rid of single if possible, that's obvious when you mention "dating"

also, for more successful matching, take more tests and answer more questions. spend like 4-8 hours at work or something doing this.

hope this helps.
__________________
Hello, my name is 14K!!1

The USS Excelsior Crew - I am fucking Q!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM Malmhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmhead View Post
Okay, for all your pictures, either be clean shaven or rock a beard... the unshaven look does not "pop". Comb your hair. You can keep your glasses depending on how your dress. It DOES make you look emo in the photos. Professional attire might fix this (dress shirt, polo, something other than flannel and what I assume is a henley). Also, don't wear the same clothes in multiple photos. Get a nice looking wrist watch.

For the close ups, get a friend in the photos. A full body shot group photo with other people would be good too. Get rid of all your solo photos. Also, make sure these friends are well dressed and look like the successful people you want to marry/be friends with. None of these hipster scrubs that make no money that look just like you.

For your details, get rid of income. get rid of c++. Get rid of "other and laughing about it" - even if you are atheist, don't mock religion, you will alienate a lot of people. Why don't you have answers for "education" and "job" are you an unemployed high school dropout? What are the options for Drugs and Pets? can you specify "none" instead of dashes? not sure what "strictly other" diet is, but again, don't alienate yourself if there's a better, more general option. I don't know how I feel about native american either, its not a con, but why is it there? I'm 1/32 Cherokee but I certainly wouldn't put it up there.

What I’m doing with my life
I get paid to make computer generated imagery and program iPads.

revise this to something like:
I work for X company doing computer work, I really enjoy: passion 1, 2, 3, 4 etc on weekends, evenings whatever.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
instead of iterating specific things go with genres and author/subgenre, mystery novels by xy, indie music especially electonic, action movies, indian and italian food, etc. As someone mentioned, drop the technical stuff out of everything but the what im doing with my life part and "job" details

The six things I could never do without
get rid of:

-Electricity. - this is stupid, sorry
-Vitamin D supplement. - this implies some sort of genetic or otherwise deficiency, you do not put something like this on a dating application for reproduction
-A continuous flow of new technology. - ditch the tech
-The feeling that I am working towards something larger. - its cool that you're ambitious, but this pretentious

On a typical Friday night I am
Working on my personal projects. - no you're not, your out being social and going places, understand?

I’m looking for:

Girls who like guys
Ages 20–30
Near me
Who are single
For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating

are these check boxes or something? get rid of single if possible, that's obvious when you mention "dating"

also, for more successful matching, take more tests and answer more questions. spend like 4-8 hours at work or something doing this.

hope this helps.
so you want him to entirely change who he is, and lie about some stuff?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.