General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Caelum

No ones saying the ricochet cant happen in that circumstance. What we're saying is you throwing hate at Glock because of the safety off a third hand story is wrong.

You're being a gun store crony. Hearing a story and regurgitating the bad parts without all the facts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
Right, because a ricochet off of concrete can't possibly happen.

And an accidental discharge on a gun with nothing but an external trigger safety can't possibly happen either.

Anyways, I should have gotten my ducks in a row before posting that. Talked to my dad last night, but I completely forgot to ask him about Paul and what exactly happened.

there's no such thing as an accidental discharge.

only negligence

Your dad, if he even knows the actual truth at all, won't tell you even if he knows better because once a person becomes complicit in a mistruth, they have little reason to recount it.

A dude got lazy and shot himself in the leg. There was no weird loops, hoops and trigger snare clothes at the range pulling a trigger on a dangerous glock bouncing off the floor and severing an artery while a poor innocent guy just tried to pick up a gun and hand it to his son.

THAT DID NOT HAPPEN

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
No ones saying the ricochet cant happen in that circumstance. What we're saying is you throwing hate at Glock because of the safety off a third hand story is wrong.

You're being a gun store crony. Hearing a story and regurgitating the bad parts without all the facts.

The "facts" of that story are so stupid that it couldn't even be made credible with a simplistic stick figure drawing.

Caelum

This was in edit mode for hours cause my boss came in

And the fact is Glocks are safe. There is no such thing as an accidental discharge in a properly maintained weapon. There ARE negligent discharges in which the weapons are handled improperly. And if this guys son shot him or he shot himself, of course he's not going to say "well I pulled the trigger and the gun went off and I shot myself" he's going to say "it went off due to this zipper, or draw string getting into my trigger guard, wiggling its way into the center of the trigger and pulling back in a rearward direction in a force greater than 5 pounds"

You're throwing hate towards Glock and discouraging someone away from its purchase off of a BS story. Yes I'm sure the guy shot himself and luckily there were people around to save his life. Is the story of how it went off true? Probably not.

ritalinjoe

I don't hate Glocks because of that incident. It's a lot of things.

Grip angle is fucking terrible
4th gen recoil spring problems
Accidental discharges

I mean I don't hate them. They're pretty good guns. They just dont jive with me. The only glock I shot well with was a G21 with a bunch of modifications.

As far as the XD goes, I can shoot that thing all day long in sub compact .40 and have a much better target grouping than any glock I've fired;

Someone mentioned that the XD was a recycled HS2000. Who gives a shit. My other CC is a CZ 2075 .40.

As far as the XD goes, I shoot far better with it at varying distances (7-25 yds). I've run thousands of rounds through it with only 1 ftf (bad primer on cheap ammo). I do admit the grip to bore length is a bit far, but once you get used to it, it's not a problem.

Caelum

BTW, I dont like Glocks either. I want to like them. I want to try that trigger Haley is selling. Plus they're fucking bullet proof

ritalinjoe

I want to like them too. But they're far from bulletproof.

Caelum

OK oK bullet proof is the wrong word. And you can find any gun that has had catastrophic malfunctions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li-IE...3&feature=plcp

He does some shit to his

ritalinjoe

Unsupported barrel ftw!

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
I don't hate Glocks because of that incident. It's a lot of things.

Grip angle is fucking terrible
4th gen recoil spring problems
Accidental discharges

Totally subjective. That's no better than arguing wether or not your mom is hot.
Avoid 4th Gen
still caca del toro

DoubleJ
i make wiggles happy on the inside and horny on the outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Totally subjective. That's no better than arguing wether or not your mom is hot.
Avoid 4th Gen
still caca del toro

TSRH. I have a gun opinion question but I'm going to start a new thread for that. It's a gun for my wife

Manik
Actual size of my penis.

just put new grip on my p226

ritalinjoe

Enough of the Glock talk.

Out of all the handguns I've owned, the CZ 75 and 2075 sub-compact are my all time favorites. Close second is the XD.

Just look at it. How can you not fall in love with a gun like that? Never mind the fact that it shoots pretty incredible and has not had a single malfunction in the 3-3500 rounds I've run through it. It's just sexy as hell.

There's just not a lot of love for the CZ 2075 for some reason. I don't understand it. Such a fantastic gun. But I'm biased because I love the 75 so much. First gun I ever fell in love with.

Last edited by ritalinjoe; 02-23-2012 at 09:02 PM..

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

S&W M&P ftw.

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
Enough of the Glock talk.

Out of all the handguns I've owned, the CZ 75 and 2075 sub-compact are my all time favorites. Close second is the XD.

Just look at it. How can you not fall in love with a gun like that? Never mind the fact that it shoots pretty incredible and has not had a single malfunction in the 3-3500 rounds I've run through it. It's just sexy as hell.

There's just not a lot of love for the CZ 2075 for some reason. I don't understand it. Such a fantastic gun. But I'm biased because I love the 75 so much. First gun I ever fell in love with.
I do admnt, first thing I thought was "that's a sexy gun"

Last edited by Fiah; 04-23-2012 at 10:32 AM..