General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

MrBojangels

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Disarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangels View Post

Oh, God yes. Come to daddy. I'm no longer getting a N-3DS.

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trondog View Post
I'm definitely interested. However I have a sneaking suspicion that it could end up costing like $300. I don't know if I'd pay the same for a portable as a new ps3

i think $300 is lowballing it.

MrBojangels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixomatosys View Post
i think $300 is lowballing it.

Gaming systems are typically subsidized by the manufacturer. I wouldn't be mad over a price around $350-425, but at the latter cost I would definitely wait for a price drop.

Wookey
A Jackal, Jackal? Its a Jackal. It looks like a Jackal. Jackal. Jackal?

That thing is huge, and I thought the PSP1 was large enough. jeez.

Quad core CPU, OLED @ 960x540. This thing is going to be pricey. I'm guessing $349-$399.

Also, are they making two different versions? One for Wi-fi, the other for 3G ?

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post

sir tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post

you're retarded if you think this is accurate

teh scud

John Carmack via twitter:
Quote:
Low level APIs will allow the Sony NGP to perform about a generation beyond smart phones with comparable specs.

theNoid

This thing is a dream come true for me. The first real handheld gaming system as far as I'm concerned. Dual analogs, HD, OLED, quad core cpu/gpu, online, ... this is how its done. Depending on software and price I may very well pick this up day 1. My habits have changed over the last year, I spend a lot of time on the couch watching cartoons with my son and reading shit on my phone. Instead I could game, and use this at work or when at our vacation house during the summer nights. It could vary well replace console gaming for me too...

Hype!

edit. Whats the word on unified online? Does this tie into the same PSN as the PS3? One unified account across all platforms? Friends Lists? What about trophies?

VapoRub

Unless it gets a market system like iPhone allowing for development of free and pay games, then I think this might just end up being everyone's pirate device.

still waiting for my pandora

teh scud

I think it's safe to say it'll be the same PSN that PS3/PSP already uses.

As for price, I'm going to bet $350 (wifi only) and $450 (3g version) even though I think it'd be better for them to go no more than $299 for the cheapest model.

While my gaming habits have changed to more portable gaming, it's because my phone got a lot better at games and I always have my phone with me. PSP2 is bigger than I thought it'd be and I'm just not sure I'd get a lot of use out of it. Definitely more interested in PSP2 than I am for 3DS though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VapoRub View Post
Unless it gets a market system like iPhone allowing for development of free and pay games, then I think this might just end up being everyone's pirate device.

still waiting for my pandora

I think/hope that's what they're trying to break into with the PlayStation Suite stuff (PlayStation/Android game platform).

Disarm

They usually sell these systems at a loss and I'm sure $299 will be a bigger loss than Sony is comfortable with... but I think they should sell it at $299 anyway ($350 max). Just get this damn thing out there into people's hands. The Nintendo 3DS is 100% guaranteed to outsell this thing but for god's sake, price it competitively to limit the damage and prevent yet another curb stomp from Nintendo.

The PlayStation 3 suffered for its first few years because it was so damn expensive compared to the competition. Don't let it happen again, Sony.

Arrowhead777

Quote:
As Powerful as a PS3

When Sony suggested the NGP would be capable of PS3-like visuals, they weren't fooling around. Various game developers took the stage during today's presser to showcase their NGP projects, demonstrating actual PS3 games running on the new handheld hardware. According to Sony, that's because the NGP is basically "like the PS3" in all the ways that matter.

How easy is it to put a PS3 game on the NGP? The company's including an "export" feature in its game development kit, one that's designed to aid developers who want to quickly migrate PS3 games to the handheld with minimal rendering changes. Still sound far-fetched? Believe it. At one point Hideo Kojima was demonstrating Metal Gear Solid 4 running smoothly on the handheld.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21791...ps3_games.html
I was thinking about getting another PS3 for my bedroom since my roommate is always hogging the one in the living room. But I'll just get a PSP2 instead if it's this powerful.

cokezeroholic

Will not be worth the money, would rather get a PS3 if you didn't have one already.

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
you're retarded if you think this is accurate

Did the "price TBD" give you any hint as to my personal opinion on the subject?

I'm very disappointed in you. You really need help man, there's no reason you should be so angry all the time.