General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH

Actually, Macs can do one thing which a PC can't: get you acceptance at starbucks.

About a month back, I had an hour to kill before a dentist appointment. There was a starbucks in the area, so I grabbed my blangin' Acer Aspire One and walked in. Ordered a coffee and hopped on the 'net. About 5 minutes in, a girl with dreadlocks gets up from her Mac, says "what's that?" "a netbook" "Wow, the screen's really small on it. How do you even see what you're doing?"

My PC got dissed... I don't know how I'm gonna ever get over this

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Actually, Macs can do one thing which a PC can't: get you acceptance at starbucks.

About a month back, I had an hour to kill before a dentist appointment. There was a starbucks in the area, so I grabbed my blangin' Acer Aspire One and walked in. Ordered a coffee and hopped on the 'net. About 5 minutes in, a girl with dreadlocks gets up from her Mac, says "what's that?" "a netbook" "Wow, the screen's really small on it. How do you even see what you're doing?"

My PC got dissed... I don't know how I'm gonna ever get over this

should have said " how you see what you're doing on your iphone" you have an iphone right?"

edplayer
no

wha t about me u didn't do me~!

hider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiah View Post
Why, so you still have to boot into windows to play the best games, and still have the basic configuration troubles of a PC instead of a the benefit of a thoroughly tested system? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's pretty nifty and a good way to do OS X on the cheap, but as a gamer and windows user I don't see a good reason to use OS X as my primary OS.

I'm a computer science major The only game I really play is league of legends so I'm not worried about games. It's just that a lot of the development tools I use is best under OS X. Things like the Terminal, various text editors, Xcode, etc makes OS X perfect for development of all sorts.

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hider View Post
I'm a computer science major The only game I really play is league of legends so I'm not worried about games. It's just that a lot of the development tools I use is best under OS X. Things like the Terminal, various text editors, Xcode, etc makes OS X perfect for development of all sorts.

At least you're more than able to explain why the different operating system works for you - unlike the fanboy posting above.