Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

PLEASE BAN ME
radeonic2
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebread
Aaaaaaaaaaa yes, that's it.

With all the rice calling in automay, I don't even know what to call rice anymore. In the beginning, rice was cars with huge, useless groundeffects, wings, neons and fart cans that did absolutely nothing. Now, everyone just calls anything out of japan rice. Meh, I like the car personally and I would love to have it.
the GTR does look like something an import fan would add to there mustang though.,
It has 300hp though right?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Whitebread

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonic2
the GTR does look like something an import fan would add to there mustang though.,
It has 300hp though right?
Meh, I don't think so. It's probably just the hard lines and radically new front that makes it seem different and "ricish".

As for the engine, I think it has a 5.0 Cammer, and if memory serves me right, it's making more than 300HP.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Only problem is that it's DOHC. Nothing against OHC, but most of the American performance stuff is OHV. IMO, it would have been a better choice to stick with an OHV engine that uses the same parts as other performance fords.
rtft:

SOHC!!

And all passenger/light-medium truck Ford engines are now OHC, including the diesel.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Meh, I don't think so. It's probably just the hard lines and radically new front that makes it seem different and "ricish".

As for the engine, I think it has a 5.0 Cammer, and if memory serves me right, it's making more than 300HP.
iirc, 450hp NA

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

crshbndct

looks like sex
i wonder if i could import one... i will be looking to spend $50k on a car next year.

PLEASE BAN ME
radeonic2
pwned

SOHC.. so that means they can get much more power of it.. with a 4 valve DOHC.. for the Cobra versions...

Delux_247

Everything you would want to know about the GTR, this is definatley not rice. The form follows the function on this one.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...TR/index.shtml

Altoids

gtr is probably the only mustang i would ever want to own. cars are getting faster and faster...hopefully i'll be able to buy some crazy shit once i'm outta school.

Ollin

Damn skippy that car aint ricey.

eidolon

I'm now a Mustang fan again Couldn't stand the last two incarnations...

DrNigel

Solid axles aren't that bad really. Really the major issue is they present more un-sprung weight on the car, which is a major part of the car's handling, verses IRS setups. In fact a solid axle can be a bonus when you're catering to a nice smooth racing surface, because with IRS camber angles are dynamic, while with solid (or de dion) axles the camber angles are static. On an IRS setup the camber angles will change with the body roll of the car, and how the rest of the suspension is setup will dictate just how, tweaking settings to deal with dynamic camber angles to get the perfect contact patch for a specific corner/track can be a little tricky, but in the end if you get it right, it can be a great advantage.

When you're dealing with drag racing or oval racing, solid axles are a fine choice for their strength and simplicity, while if you're going over any uneven surfaces, such as a racing circuit with curbs, IRS wins hands down.

Pricewise though, you can't beat the cheapness of solid axles

Whitebread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana
rtft:

SOHC!!

And all passenger/light-medium truck Ford engines are now OHC, including the diesel.

You completely missed my point. It doesn't matter if it is SOHC or has 20 million cams per head, the point was the it's OHC instead of OHV. And passenger/light-medium truck Ford engines including diesel !=performance. You don't see many people running around with a blown 600rwhp Tarus.

SFC

Quote:

You completely missed my point. It doesn't matter if it is SOHC or has 20 million cams per head, the point was the it's OHC instead of OHV. And passenger/light-medium truck Ford engines including diesel !=performance. You don't see many people running around with a blown 600rwhp Tarus.

and yet again, you haven't posted to me "what performance ford vehicle doesn't have OHC?" Or are you trying to say "performance vehicles in general". If so, that's even a bigger load of cock. Acura nsx. Ferrari Enzo. Lamborghini Diablo. McLaren F1... pretty much ALL supercars... ALL DOHC

edit: Almost forgot FORD GT

SFC

double post==lose

Whitebread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC
and yet again, you haven't posted to me "what performance ford vehicle doesn't have OHC?" Or are you trying to say "performance vehicles in general". If so, that's even a bigger load of cock. Acura nsx. Ferrari Enzo. Lamborghini Diablo. McLaren F1... pretty much ALL supercars... ALL DOHC

edit: Almost forgot FORD GT
I'm not a OHV fanboi. My point was that car companies should leave all their performanc cars EITHER OHV OR OHC AND NOT MIX THEM. Ford has the Mustand which is SOHC, the GT, which is DOHC and the Lightning which is OHV IIRC. And I wasn't talking about just fords, I was refering to ALL manufactures. Ferrari, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, etc all use 1 single type of valvetrain (OHC), but for the supercars it's somewhat a moot point because people don't really modify them.

Edit: The lightning is SOHC, so Ford already does what I said anyway.

Last edited by Whitebread; 08-11-2004 at 07:27 AM..

Closed Thread