General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Wookey
A Jackal, Jackal? Its a Jackal. It looks like a Jackal. Jackal. Jackal?

Boost self confidence?

I'm coming out of a break up. I'm wanting to go back to her, but I know what will happen if I do. And my heart can't take that again. (I went back to her twice already) It's been a couple weeks since we talked and I'm very lonely. I think about her on a daily basis, both good things and bad. I think too much on certain situations, which is definitely not good to do in my condition.

So anywho, I'm looking for some ideas, that worked for you guys, to boost my self confidence level so I don't break down, get in touch with her, then eventually get my heart broken again.

Thank You.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

seiferguy

Best way to improve yourself mentally is to also improve yourself physically. Maybe instead of sitting around and dwelling on her, why not go work out? Go lift weights, jog, hike, exercise, etc.

Also, hang out with your friends as much as possible. Guy friends, specifically. It keeps you active and social. Go play Halo with some buds. Nothing takes your mind off things like blowing the shit up out of your friends in a video game.

Overall, if you're lonely, you gotta be social. So, engage in social activities

yoj

Find a new cute girl to direct your attention to. Seriously. It never fails.

Find friends, hang out with them. Be social, get out there. Eventually new girls will follow. Whether you hook up with them or not, the female attention will distract you for sure.

Phil Taylor
I'll be back

it's more about you being happy with the alternative to going back with her, than about you being more confident.

take your mind off her by doing things you enjoy. pick up a hobby to stay occupied, or spend more time with friends to get you through the tough first few months.

nigga, you just made me click "go advanced"...

Glory Hallelujah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookey View Post
I'm coming out of a break up. I'm wanting to go back to her, but I know what will happen if I do. And my heart can't take that again. (I went back to her twice already) It's been a couple weeks since we talked and I'm very lonely. I think about her on a daily basis, both good things and bad. I think too much on certain situations, which is definitely not good to do in my condition.

So anywho, I'm looking for some ideas, that worked for you guys, to boost my self confidence level so I don't break down, get in touch with her, then eventually get my heart broken again.

Thank You.

I'm in the same situation as you RIGHT NOW dude, so I understand how you feel and I can sympathize.

I usually deal with shit like this by just whoring myself around. Honestly it makes me feel so much better to just bang some other girl and forget about her. It's probably not the best way to go about it but no matter what, you gotta realize it will not be better to get back together with her. It may be easier, and a lot of times I manage to convince myself that I want it, but in reality I think I just want my life to be easier. It's a lazy attitude and it does nothing to better you.

Other people are key dude, and I thank the lord baby jesus that I have the social skills I do when it comes to times like this because if I wasn't so good at talking to other people all the time I'd explode.

Something to consider too:

She may be the best girl in the world, but that doesn't mean she's right FOR YOU.