General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SBU_Ninja

Sonicwall, 3com, and online game not bahving

My boyfriend does IT work and is required to have a secure VPN connection at home to remote into certain clients.

He recently installed a Sonicwall TZ200 and a 3com router.

I was not having connectivity issues until this. I am running Windows 7, which I am not having any issues with.

I am running a wired, not wireless, connection from my PC.

What is happening is I will log into a game that needs to allow ports 6112 TCP and UDP out and in. When he tries to set it so the port is opened, it says it fails. There appears to be no reason for this that I can see. The game used to allow me to enter it and then it would drop me. Now I cannot even load the maps in the game to get on it.

My phone, a Katalyst, uses the internet to boost a signal to it. This is important as I get NO service from our new apartment. My phone cannot connect and T-mobile won't help because they will only support their "special" router that you can buy to use with the phone (a shitty linksys) that is NO different from a normal router.

He is busy and I don't want to bother him with games and phones, especially after he's been driving to clients all day and has to work when he gets home.

Does anyone have issues with Sonicwall products or this router?

If at first you don't succeed, cheat. Then repeat until caught. Then lie.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mr. Baz

The sonicwalls aren't the easiest to configure. They are a little more in depth than your typical SOHO router. If he is in "IT" then he should know how to do this. If all else fails, the sonicwalls come with paid tech support, so maybe call them?

SBU_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz View Post
The sonicwalls aren't the easiest to configure. They are a little more in depth than your typical SOHO router. If he is in "IT" then he should know how to do this. If all else fails, the sonicwalls come with paid tech support, so maybe call them?

He tried several things to fix it, but it didn't work and really don't want to bother him with a game when he works so much. I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem before. I'll probably just call.

If at first you don't succeed, cheat. Then repeat until caught. Then lie.

De7|ro|i7

I work with sonic walls fairly often. Mostly the TZ150 - though I assume they are similar in their firewall rules. They can be tricky as MrBaz mentioned. We have a lot of problems with them not "taking" the rule. However you say you are getting an error? What exactly does it say?

Did you create a service for 6112-6119 prior?

Well I guess if you are calling, problem solved

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3

sonic walls are retarded with rules and conflict often at clients where i work.

The best solution for you would be to call sonic wall and have then remote into your device and clear up any conflicting rules.

I know we had a conflict last week. all the rules were setup just fine but the device would not forward traffic over port 80 until a tech from sonic wall cleared some temp files that not even an admin account has access too. Only they did through the shell.