iDank

any progress?

RIP 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Izanagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDank
any progress?

I'm sure driving 1500 miles this weekend tired him out. I figure tomorrow is update day

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

I didn't drive 1500 miles this weekend, thats next weekend, this weekend I just went to portland and worked & hit the junkyards. I just happened to not leave portland until 2am this morning, got back to town just in time for work today - and now i'm a damn zombie.

I tried to do some stuff on the car today but i'm just too dead to try and do anything but stare at the wall.

the good news is that I talked to my parents and since it's fathers day and their anniversary next weekend they are going to meet me up in seattle and hang in seattle to do some diving and shopping so I don't have to drive to and from Portland to get the truck, just over and back to seattle x2 - which is only a hair over a thousand miles instead of 1500

I still havep pics on my camera from the last time I worked on my car and my hatred for the gluy in the car & goo gone, i'll have to post that story...

lgbr

Good god dude. I hate just driving from Spokane to Pullman, and you're taking 1500 mile trips across the state of Washington.

1991 Honda CBR 600 F2
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Diesel

iDank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izanagi
I'm sure driving 1500 miles this weekend tired him out. I figure tomorrow is update day

but i'm selfish and want updates now...

RIP 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbr
Good god dude. I hate just driving from Spokane to Pullman, and you're taking 1500 mile trips across the state of Washington.

i'm used to it now, sadly, 5 weekends pullman->portland round trips have gotten to me though

I just talked to my friend who stopped to look at the car, he says its a good looking car and its got enough aftermarket parts to sell to cover the entire cost of the car

carbon fiber hood, votex bumper, propane injection, brembo cross drilled rotors all the way around, etc etc

f00ker
D15 > LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongboy
I want these wheels once I can find out what they are...

they are really close to the ATS type 10's but different

thanks I don't really know why people rebuild them, other then the fact that they are cool cars. I tried to quit the VW a number of times but they just fit me way too well (for better or for worse...)

I believe it just might be

Disaster struck while I was away last night - guess it rained a 'little' more then I was planning on (read, none) and destroyed my plastic structure, I'd say it looks about half broke, I'll get a look at what its going to take to rebuild it tomorrow - but damn thats some strong plastic, looks like i'll just have to rebuild the frame and setup some sort of water drainage solution (it's june in Pullman, we aren't supposed to get rain!)

Reason #1 why you over-engineer any type of drainage system...

especially in the pacific northwest (yes, eastern washington is included in that statement)

Rad project

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
then I found out I can't get the black night metallic in liquid form - and I don't want to rattle can the car. now i'm seriously torn between doing a nice rustoleum charcoal gray and spending the extra bucks on the auto paint and doing it right - either way i'm going to spray the paint on. Only thing i'm concerned about with the rustoleum is the fading, yes I could clear over it (rustoleum clear) but I'm not sure how long it will last before it starts fading and lookin' like poo. Have there been any rustoleum threads on any other forums with details on longevity? best I could find was people talking about mailbox comparisons. What about some good details on at home painting with the proper automotive paint? I haven't been able to find much on that category

thinned rustoleum + paint roller

<edit> oh, im too late

SoulkeepHL

Do the corrado dash swap! Do it doit! I love the Corrado/B3/B4/Mk3 dash (but then, i might be biased owning a b3). You should also look for b3's for parts to steal from for a 5 lug swap, should be easier to find than a corrado.

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulkeepHL
Do the corrado dash swap! Do it doit! I love the Corrado/B3/B4/Mk3 dash (but then, i might be biased owning a b3). You should also look for b3's for parts to steal from for a 5 lug swap, should be easier to find than a corrado.

i'm getting rediculous quotes for shipping and nobody is selling one locally, I might just go with a 90-92 black mk2 dash, they still look good.

I'm just now sure how i'm going to fit a mk4 cluster into anything but a mk3 dash

so I learned some things today, and i'll have the pics up once slacker takes them off his camera (I don't do auto work with my sexy rebel )

first of all, I can't sandblast by just squinting my eyes really tight and looking away.

two: I should probably wear a long shirt while sandblaster.

three: and pants

four: there are apparently two standards for air couplings, the flat style and the standard style, they both look damn similar but they aren't compatible

five: i'm going to be picking sand out of my hair for a week and I only sand blasted for maybe 20 min

six: i think the girl at mcdonalds likes me, she gave me a triple on my double cheeseburger

RobCrezz

Quote:
first of all, I can't sandblast by just squinting my eyes really tight and looking away.

cool, cant wait to see the next lot of pics!

The Spyder

Quote:
i'm getting rediculous quotes for shipping and nobody is selling one locally, I might just go with a 90-92 black mk2 dash, they still look good.

I'm just now sure how i'm going to fit a mk4 cluster into anything but a mk3 dash

so I learned some things today, and i'll have the pics up once slacker takes them off his camera (I don't do auto work with my sexy rebel )

four: there are apparently two standards for air couplings, the flat style and the standard style, they both look damn similar but they aren't compatible

five: i'm going to be picking sand out of my hair for a week and I only sand blasted for maybe 20 min

six: i think the girl at mcdonalds likes me, she gave me a triple on my double cheeseburger

That compressor is still up for offer if I can get the other one going by this weekend

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:

the blonde or the brunette?

if you're thinking of who I'm thinking of, then we both know the answer is

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spyder
That compressor is still up for offer if I can get the other one going by this weekend

I broke down and rented one but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
the blonde or the brunette?

if you're thinking of who I'm thinking of, then we both know the answer is
I was over in moscow, I don't stop by the pullman one too often, cuet glasses, freckles, brunette

edit: if you're in pullman why aren't you stopping by?

lgbr

Quote:
I was over in moscow, I don't stop by the pullman one too often, cuet glasses, freckles, brunette
You eat at that place? I never set foot inside any fast food joints there.

1991 Honda CBR 600 F2
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Diesel