General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ApaThy_NeXT

damn flies

I can't seem to get rid of these damn flies that hang out near my sink area in the kitchen. They are similar to house flies, but they are a lot smaller, I bought this spray, but that's not really helping. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Enough is enough, just want to be rid of these damn things.

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SBU_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaThy_NeXT View Post
I can't seem to get rid of these damn flies that hang out near my sink area in the kitchen. They are similar to house flies, but they are a lot smaller, I bought this spray, but that's not really helping. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Enough is enough, just want to be rid of these damn things.

Thanks

AH HAH! I had those last year. they are fruit flies. This is what I did and they were gone in 24 hours.

1. I went ape shit and felt dirty and freaked out. Don't do that. It's not THAT big a deal.

2. The little buggers are attracted to water. You have to dry your sink after using it. ALL of it. No water. Every sink- also leave your toilet seat lid closed.

3. Take out your trash at ALL times. They smell something they want to eat (i.e. fruit, veggies in trash, food left out, etc. Candy out in the open, cereal boxes that are not in plastic containers. I'd recommend throwing out all the cereal because I found flies in the boxes, even though I thought they were closed all the way.

I now use plastic storage for cereal, rice, mashed potatoes and ANYTHING that might be open.

4. I bought fly traps, though they probably weren't necessary.

5. Remove all flowers and ANYTHING that can attract them- cover/seal candles.

There is also a mix you can use to attract them. But I didn't use it. You take a vase they can't get out of (like a venus fly trap) use honey, water, and sugar and leave it in the open where they'll fall in and die.

Do all that and they go away. I also killed many because they freaked me out a little.

If at first you don't succeed, cheat. Then repeat until caught. Then lie.

Ryuuko

I have the same problem...the flies live off and breed from the slimy material in the garbage disposal/sink.

Drain Flies.

http://lancaster.unl.edu/pest/resources/Flies015.shtml