General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

RagingDemon

how to copy flash video from a website? (not from youtube)

I apologise if this question has been asked before, but is there a program that I can download--preferably freeware, that will solve this problem?

Essentially there is a website with some video tutorials on trading. In the location bar there is no swf or .flv file extension. So, i'm a little stuck as to how I can copy it from this place.

I know with youtube there are websites on the web that allow you to enter the URL of the website that contains the flash video and it will then allow you to download it as a .flv file. However these sorts of websites only work on youtube and not other sites.

Any advice on how I could solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.
.......v

"Impossible is a word that can only be found in the Dictionary of fools"--Napoleon

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

chronage

CeleronDude

firebug, net tab

RagingDemon

Thanks guys, I'll check those programs out. The rapid response is greatly appreciated
.......v

"Impossible is a word that can only be found in the Dictionary of fools"--Napoleon

chronage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingDemon View Post
Thanks guys, I'll check those programs out. The rapid response is greatly appreciated

Firebug -> net tab is easiest. I forgot about that one

RagingDemon

edit: It did work, many thanks
.......v

Last edited by RagingDemon; 06-07-2008 at 12:30 AM..

RagingDemon

edit: double post
.......v

Bill

I'd like to save a flash video, but its off a news site and they have some ad before it and its embedded into a player; I used firebug but I couldn't get anything useful out of it. Due to it containing my full name and address I'd rather not post it here.. if someone is experienced with these things and would be willing to give me a little guidance I'd be forever grateful. PM please

RagingDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'd like to save a flash video, but its off a news site and they have some ad before it and its embedded into a player; I used firebug but I couldn't get anything useful out of it. Due to it containing my full name and address I'd rather not post it here.. if someone is experienced with these things and would be willing to give me a little guidance I'd be forever grateful. PM please

Hi Bill, I found that when I sometimes try to use firebird and then click on 'net tab', it does not show the video details.

But, if I copy the link from the 'location bar' at the top of the browser and open it in a another window or tab and then hit f12 or click on tools-->firebird...then firbird pops up on the screen and you scroll down to the 20 meg file or however big the movie file is....then right click on the movie file and 'open in a new tab'.

When I do that and then close the previous window, it opens the movie again but this time after the movie is loaded you can use firefox to save the file. (go to file-->save page as, and it should save the file to your hard drive.
.......v

naigres
Impeach Bush! www.infowars.com

use a packet sniffer and look for the flv extension.

I use smartsniff with winpcap.

never ever fails

Bill

Awesome, thanks, I got it.

Does anyone know of a good converter? I've tried two "online" ones, downloaded two free ones, and nothing has worked so far. I got an FLV player and it manages to play the video fine so I know thats not the problem.. ideas?

jetcom
pwned

Riva is the best to convert with

Bill

Sorry, I meant to go from .flv to something more generic like divx.

RagingDemon

Look up a program called xvid4psp. It is my favourite program and can convert pretty much everything.

http://www.winnydows.com/download.php
.......v

zeos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Awesome, thanks, I got it.

Does anyone know of a good converter? I've tried two "online" ones, downloaded two free ones, and nothing has worked so far. I got an FLV player and it manages to play the video fine so I know thats not the problem.. ideas?

alltoavi

http://sourceforge.net/project/platf...roup_id=156812