General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarm View Post
You are absolutely clueless about everything. I wonder if you are able to even wipe your own ass.

He can't, that's why he has a wife.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
This is one thing that I just couldn't wrap my head around. So, Steve, you're telling me that I need to use my music player to update the firmware on my phone?

OTA software updates for the massive win.

Steve says, "Yes, because we want to shove our arms up your ass and control you. Just remember, by clicking 'yes' to the EULA, we get to do this:

Mkay?"

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

wigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
Did you really just troll a thread?

yes, and the post before this one has a southpark screencap referencing the human centipede.

SmoothFlowing

Task Killers are pointless on devices that run on android 2.1 or higher and infact are proven to be detrimental.

One great thing that hasnt been mentioned here are widgets (Something the iphone can't do)

Think of them as active icons with constantly updating information. My favorite is the beautiful widgets app that shows my live weather and give me one touch options to go from my alarm clock, calender, or detailed weather forecasts.

HTC should have several pre-installed widgets you can use, you activate them my long pressing on a blank section of one of your home-screen and selecting widgets.

Angry birds is great and unlike IOS is free on android and theres 3 versions to distract you.

Just type camera into your market and you should get at least half a dozen different apps that range from special effects to being able to take panorama photos.

Perc
New and shiny title

There are two things I want that Android does and iOS doesn't.

I don't need access to the entire file system, but some kind of accessible universal homedir for saving things to would be nice.

Also, A HOMESCREEN WITH WIDGETS. I've missed countless of things I needed to do because iOS requires me to manually load the calendar app. I need a calendar widget that gently brainwashes me with upcoming events every time I pass by the homescreen on my way to the browser, e-mail client or whatever.

Angry Birds (and other free games/apps) on android has ads, right? I'd rather pay 79 cents and get rid of them personally.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglesworth View Post
yes, and the post before this one has a southpark screencap referencing the human centipede.
Oh, yeah. Someone referencing a jab at Jobs totally justifies trolling the OP two days earlier. You are a fucking moron.

_cashel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perc View Post
Angry Birds (and other free games/apps) on android has ads, right? I'd rather pay 79 cents and get rid of them personally.

Same, and I feel like I'm the only one. I have no issue paying up to $5 - $6 an app if it gets rid of ads. Words With Friends is probably the worst offender.

SmoothFlowing

Quote:
There are two things I want that Android does and iOS doesn't.

I don't need access to the entire file system, but some kind of accessible universal homedir for saving things to would be nice.

Also, A HOMESCREEN WITH WIDGETS. I've missed countless of things I needed to do because iOS requires me to manually load the calendar app. I need a calendar widget that gently brainwashes me with upcoming events every time I pass by the homescreen on my way to the browser, e-mail client or whatever.

there's a built in calender widget in android that does just what your asking. As far as ad-free of course you can pay for the ad-free versions but i find the angry birds ads to be fairly unobtrusive.

You can download apps like root explorer (paid) or Astro File Manager (free) to go through the various system files and directories.

_cashel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothFlowing View Post
As far as ad-free of course you can pay for the ad-free versions but i find the angry birds ads to be fairly unobtrusive.

Where? I haven't seen anything, haven't looked very hard either, but I have looked.

Caelum

Quote:

Angry birds has ads?

I know Wordfued does and they are annoying. After every turn there is an ad and the skip or close button always changes places.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Angry birds has ads?

I know Wordfued does and they are annoying. After every turn there is an ad and the skip or close button always changes places.

Easily ignorable.

RedEyes
Boner Provider

What's with all the programs that seem to start themselves? And how would you turn them off without a task killer? Should I want to?

We will make contact with this frequency every twelve hours. Prepare sitrep for command authority. Have hope. We're coming for you.

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
Did you really just troll a thread?

.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/

SemperFly

what programs? and no, task killers are utterly pointless because most of the programs that start up automatically are simply going to restart themselves anyways so you'll be sucking up extra cpu cycles by killing them, having them start up again and killing them again. task killers do not prevent them from starting up unless it's rooted, they only keep killing them. but if it's rooted then you can just remove the unwanted app anyways

crap like photobucket is unnecessary but it's not taking up any cycles or battery power, the memory amount is minuscule.

Perry County

I just try to only keep apps I might actually USE. Things that are active all the time I simply try to avoid. I use ESPN's scorecenter, twitter, gmail, opera mobile, and wordfeud more than anything else.

I used to have a taskkiller, but it just ended up seeming silly. I just kill the occasional app one-by-one if necessary.