General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
Oh, sure. If you like coating your computers with lubricant.

There are ones that does use the lubes.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

MagicEraser
I use it for my mbp, works like a charm

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
MagicEraser
I use it for my mbp, works like a charm

You should use it on your calves, too.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

jacobadam

A damp sponge. Put several drops of laundry detergent in a quarter pail of warm water and wring out the sponge first. Dry with a clean bath towel.

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
Glad to hear you haven't had any problems.

What, in the air we breath, could possibly be worse for electronics than condensation or machine lube?

If you're having condensation issues when cleaning your PC using compressed air, you're doing it wrong. As for machine lube, oh dear the lube! Heavens no I can't have even the tiniest bit of some random oily/fatty substance near my electronics!

Really, I understand that the air from compressors isn't squeeky clean, but to say that these impurities affect its utility in cleaning our computers is way exaggerated. If you feel otherwise, then I suggest you point me to the nearest example of consumer electronics that got destroyed by using compressed air to clean it. Spinning the fan like a dolt doesn't count!

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

Quote:
Bruised apples, moldy oranges, what does it matter? Spraying electronics with a generic shop compressor is asking for trouble.

no, your wrong.

Your the type of person that wears safety goggles while operating a screwdriver aren't you?

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syk0tiK View Post
no, your wrong.

Your the type of person that wears safety goggles while operating a screwdriver aren't you?

Not only that, but he swaths his entire family in ballistic nylon, then buries them in the back yard, in case the screwdriver (micro-type, yanno) explodes.

Then he digs them up 3 weeks later, and arranges them around the dinner table, and wears their scalps as loincloths.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiah View Post
If you're having condensation issues when cleaning your PC using compressed air, you're doing it wrong. As for machine lube, oh dear the lube! Heavens no I can't have even the tiniest bit of some random oily/fatty substance near my electronics!

Really, I understand that the air from compressors isn't squeeky clean, but to say that these impurities affect its utility in cleaning our computers is way exaggerated. If you feel otherwise, then I suggest you point me to the nearest example of consumer electronics that got destroyed by using compressed air to clean it. Spinning the fan like a dolt doesn't count!
I just don't recommend it from my experiences with shop compressors of various configurations and vintages.

And I was being sincere when I said that it was good to know that you have not noticed any ill-effects of using a general-purpose compressed air source to clean your electronics.

I don't know of any examples in which electronics were ruined by using a shop compressor to dust them off. Showing you less than a dozen confirmed reports likely wouldn't get you off my back anyway. No one is stopping you from using whatever you like to blow the dust off of your electronics, just as no one is stopping me from bringing up the fact that shop compressors spew some funky stuff.

Quote:
no, your wrong.
My what is wrong?

Quote:
I see what you did there: by asking if I insist on wearing protective equipment when using a hand screwdriver, you are inferring that I am overly-cautious. Very clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Not only that, but he swaths his entire family in ballistic nylon, then buries them in the back yard, in case the screwdriver (micro-type, yanno) explodes.

Then he digs them up 3 weeks later, and arranges them around the dinner table, and wears their scalps as loincloths.
You had fun typing that up.

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

Quote:
I just don't recommend it from my experiences with shop compressors of various configurations and vintages.

And I was being sincere when I said that it was good to know that you have not noticed any ill-effects of using a general-purpose compressed air source to clean your electronics.

I don't know of any examples in which electronics were ruined by using a shop compressor to dust them off. Showing you less than a dozen confirmed reports likely wouldn't get you off my back anyway. No one is stopping you from using whatever you like to blow the dust off of your electronics, just as no one is stopping me from bringing up the fact that shop compressors spew some funky stuff.

My what is wrong?

I see what you did there: by asking if I insist on wearing protective equipment when using a hand screwdriver, you are inferring that I am overly-cautious. Very clever.

lol

<3

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:

Meh, just one would have been interesting to hear about.

Tex Arcana

Quote:

yup.

--John Hobbs