General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

litoeon

All of Square Enix's games are 50% off right now. Picked up Chaos Rings for my iPad at 7.99

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ph00ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by litoeon View Post
All of Square Enix's games are 50% off right now. Picked up Chaos Rings for my iPad at 7.99

how is it? review section wasn't too friendly and i didn't buy it because of the reviews
04 White Diamond CTS
f17881c2d660477b9151fe21fb4fb04b

crazymike
I am a dumb fag who needs a dumb TV show to tell me something thatís common knowledge. Then I make

I only got mine because I had gift certificates. I want expecting much. I love it. Bring it everywhere and use it way more than I ever thought. Honestly, best toy i've treated myself to in a while

[J]eep Club: Shmoblar, Striker169, Trekman8, Crazymike, Whitefrog, PiMpY, Woe, Gearhead

Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perc View Post
iPad 3G: Pick up and use.

iPad Wifi: Pick up, look for wifi, no networks in range. Pick up phone, fiddle with hotspot settings, connect. Do what you need to do (and drain two batteries in the process), put down, turn hotspot off, pocket phone. Five minutes later: realize you need to look up something else, rinse and repeat.

I feel like most people would only wifi tether for long periods of time, at a hotel/beach/road trip.... if someone need to look 1 thing up why not use their phone?

DigitalChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perc View Post
iPad 3G: Pick up and use.

iPad Wifi: Pick up, look for wifi, no networks in range. Pick up phone, fiddle with hotspot settings, connect. Do what you need to do (and drain two batteries in the process), put down, turn hotspot off, pocket phone. Five minutes later: realize you need to look up something else, rinse and repeat.

they are working on some sort of "on demand" tethering that fixes all that shit. It might actually me out already

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Unit View Post
do you people really have $500 + sitting around to buy your next toy?
I almost went for the first Ipad, then I had a serious brainstorm to figure out what I needed it for that my notebook/smartphone combo couldn't do. The only thing I could come up with is look cool and umm...look cool...and umm...become an appledouche. I may get a used one in a year or so when the iPad 3 comes out and all the appletards are trying to unload their "obsolete" hardware.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

DigitalChaos

your laptop can't do airplay

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
your laptop can't do airplay
Since I don't know what that is, and somehow I'm still walking, talking and breathing...I think I can manage to survive without it.

._--_|\
/∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

DigitalChaos

solid argument
thats exactly what my grandpa says about computers and cellphones. he is pretty happy

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

How decent is video playback on the first gen ipads?

i was eyeing the refurbed ones on apples site and saw that VLC is available for ipads...lol..

Obviously nothing HD but that wouldnt be a problem for me

I do recall having to re-encode and downsize video into mp4 for my 30gig iPod Video... I would not be willing to do that again.

Perc
New and shiny title

VLC isn't in the appstore anymore. I don't know if other players are or not, maybe. I don't really care personally.

Malakai

Ipads are still too pricey IMO, esp considering that new & better ipad-like devices are coming out yearly or less. I say get a kindle3 and read books until we get a solid affordable andriod tablet. In another 1-2 years I think we will have some great devices for around 300 hopefully, they should cost the same as a netbook.

zumpiez5
Lasko
<3 yuor sekrat admirer

How much money are people willing to pay for something that is used 99% of the time for email and looking at youtube videos... I don't understand the appeal of any tablet.

joemama

So when is the iMaxipad coming out?

._--_|\
/∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

ceejamon
Ignore this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasko View Post
How much money are people willing to pay for something that is used 99% of the time for email and looking at youtube videos... I don't understand the appeal of any tablet.

It depends, I use mine for about 99% of my home computer usage. Web surfing, Reddit, Email, Facebook, paying bills, shopping, Netflix streaming in bed, and 100% of my reading (Google Books). YMMV depending on what your home computer usage is - but I VERY rarely need to type anything longer than this post. I rarely need heavy processor lifting like PhotoShop and gaming. I use it in bed, on the couch, at the table, in the kitchen when I'm cooking.

I used to spend hours each night tethered to a laptop doing the exact same things. My iPad battery lasts much, much longer. It's lighter than any laptop. With the right case, it's more comfortable to use and I can toss it on the couch as I walk by without worry.