General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
And the Chevy's are worked over like a 2 dollar whore everyday and put away wet.

I'd be more interested in seeing a review of an 07 Tundra and an 07 Silverado in 10 years and see how each one faired.

If you go looking for 97 Toyotas, you either find them still running strong, or crumpled in a junkyard with a bowtie permanently stamped in the door skin.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

lopoetve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
The call it a PRICE comparo, and not a VEHICLE comparo.

CLASS = CLASS, PRICE = PRICE.

You know as well as I do they do those kinds of comparos to skew the results in favor of the GM product, every time. Even R&T did it in their "working truck" shootout: the Tundra won in nearly every category, but they still handed the chevy the win with some seriously astic "subjective" rankings, despite the major slams the "professionals" cited in the article.

It's PERFECTLY valid to say "This thing costs too much. you can get better for the same" in a vehicle comparo.

And no, I don't know that: I've seen the RIDGELINE win one of their awards, over all the other trucks in the market, and I KNOW that's total ... it's hardly GM skew, it's whatever's new skew.

either way: toyota will never take over the working market.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

lopoetve

Quote:
If you go looking for 97 Toyotas, you either find them still running strong, or crumpled in a junkyard with a bowtie permanently stamped in the door skin.

but how many as work trucks with 500,000 miles on them
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
It's PERFECTLY valid to say "This thing costs too much. you can get better for the same" in a vehicle comparo.

And no, I don't know that: I've seen the RIDGELINE win one of their awards, over all the other trucks in the market, and I KNOW that's total ... it's hardly GM skew, it's whatever's new skew.

either way: toyota will never take over the working market.

that was HONDUH , the other bias they all have.

And Toyota *will* take over, when they buy out GM and force them to build decent vehicles again.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
but how many as work trucks with 500,000 miles on them

I would say a decent percentage of them.

--John Hobbs

lopoetve

Quote:
I would say a decent percentage of them.

a fraction of the number of chevy/fords.

Quote:
that was HONDUH , the other bias they all have.

And Toyota *will* take over, when they buy out GM and force them to build decent vehicles again.

lawls. Which is why tundra won once before, right?

And that won't happen. USG will prevent it.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

Tex Arcana

Quote:

a fraction of the number of chevy/fords.

lawls. Which is why tundra won once before, right?

And that won't happen. USG will prevent it.

Follow my reasoning:

1)GM sucks;
2) GM couldn't buy their way out of a paper bag with a .38 and a ski mask;
3) GM execs will start taking massive bribes from Toyota;
4) GM will announce sellout to Toyota;
5) USG will try to step in and block it;
6) Toyota will buy critical mass of politicians needed to push sale thru;
7) ...
8) Everyone profits. [/thread]

--John Hobbs

lopoetve

no, not everyone profits. Japanese businessmen profit.

And I see problems with points 1,2,5,6,7,8,9.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
no, not everyone profits. Japanese businessmen profit.

And I see problems with points 1,2,5,6,7,8,9.

Well, consumers would profit because they would get better quality vehicles that might actually be desirable again; workers would profit as well (see how well Toyota's US plant workers are doing); US suppliers would profit (same reasons).

As it stands now, the moeny pouring into GM is headed out of the country in the pockets of the rapists that are ruining the company; so if it's going to Toyota, at least a decent percentage is coming BACK.

--John Hobbs

LegendNH
Daddy bought me a Corvette but I'm still a fat pathetic loser, please remind me of this whenever you

Anytime a magazine does not declare Ford the winner, Tex goes on a crybaby streak how biased the magazine is. However, if Ford were to win a shoot out, it's a great magazine that is clearly unbiased with intentions of providing the best vehicle for the consumer.

Cut the crap already. You come into so many threads and just thread crap with GM sucks, this car sucks, Ford #1, I fuck Ford tail pipes.

Either provide at least some proof of how biased these magazines are, or shut up already. Better yet, why don't you get off your ass get a job already. It's very clear you have NOTHING to do at all.

LegendNH
Daddy bought me a Corvette but I'm still a fat pathetic loser, please remind me of this whenever you

Quote:
Well, consumers would profit because they would get better quality vehicles that might actually be desirable again; workers would profit as well (see how well Toyota's US plant workers are doing); US suppliers would profit (same reasons).

As it stands now, the moeny pouring into GM is headed out of the country in the pockets of the rapists that are ruining the company; so if it's going to Toyota, at least a decent percentage is coming BACK.

At the end of the day, the money is going back to Japan. They can decide whether they want to recycle back into the American economy, or build a new plant in China or a South American country. This is what matters most.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendNH View Post
Anytime a magazine does not declare GM the winner, I goe on a sandy mangina fit over how biased the magazine is. However, when GM wins a shoot out, it's a great magazine that is clearly unbiased with intentions of providing the best vehicle for the consumer.

Cut the crap already. I come into so many threads and just thread crap with everything but GMsucks, this car sucks, corvette/lsx#1, I fuck tchevie tail pipes.

I can't provide proof eitehr because I'm a bigger fanboi than everyone in this forum put together. Better yet, why don't I get my ass back to work, instead of waste valuable company time--unless , of course, I'm another areg who lies about his life on a regular basis, because, clearly, I hav NOTHING to do at all.

Fixed for truth.

--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendNH View Post
At the end of the day, the money is going back to Japan. They can decide whether they want to recycle back into the American economy, or build a new plant in China or a South American country. This is what matters most.

It's fairly obvious that Toyota's strategies include significant investment in the country of sale; at least that way more comes back here than goes out in bogus bonuses.

--John Hobbs

lopoetve

Quote:

And the new Silverado isn't somehow desireable? I'd take one.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

lopoetve

Quote:
It's fairly obvious that Toyota's strategies include significant investment in the country of sale; at least that way more comes back here than goes out in bogus bonuses.
Toyota's owners are getting rich off of their business, and most of it is in japan.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.