General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

mhaskell
I am an SBC-lovin' beancounting crackwhore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Basically I want to share the AIT signal with the stock ECU so I dont get any check engine lights. The options are either running both or one thats shared. The maf sensor sends two signals, air flow and temperature from one unit. I would like to send the ECU the AIT information from the AIT Sensor while just giving the ecu a dummy signal for the airflow volume using something like a resistor between the signal line and a ground. At least this is what we have concluded as a first experiment. The benefits is that I can reuse the stock wiring for the AIT sensor, and not get any check engine lights.

Cut the bias resistors and you can share the sensors between the ECU and the MS.

For the MAF part, the basics behind the velocity sensor is that the ECU keeps the resistor at a constant temperature (verified by resistance), it then measures the current needed to keep the sensor at that temperature. The current needed is a measure of mass flow rate, the velocity is actually calculated by using the mass flow rate divided by the air density (found from temp).

You should measure the resistance of the MAF at its heated temp (140-160C) and try to find a resistor close to that.

1999 Ford Lightning
1984 Corvette Z-51
Leaf springs,pushrods, aluminum heads, nitrous and wideband fuel injection for life.

1998 saab, 5 speed, winter beater

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Good point man. I completely forgot about the bias resistor in the megasquirt. The problem now is that with the bias resistor in the ecu present, it will throw off the readings from the GM ait that I plan to use. The bias resistor in the ECU wont match the GM AIT sensor.

Last edited by Lurker; 11-21-2007 at 06:36 PM..

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

You know I think im just going to retain the stock maf in there. Its going to be pre turbo, and the air restriction it could cause is negligible. I dont want to go and break my balls with figuring out the bias resistance of the AIT in the mazda ecu, and then having it throw off my readings, and then having to unsolder the bias resistor in the MS.

Fuck it, keep things simple.

PhatTonis
If I was a popsicle my flavor would be whore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SA1NT View Post
Roger that, the VIP is AWOL during ROTC. Please advise, BYOB to the BBQ. Over.

FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ

Lurker

Plugged it in this afternoon and it worked right off the bat. Started on the first try. A little choppy but thats because of bad timing. I am going to be borrowing a timing gun from my mechanic to set the spark settings in the megasquirt and that should get me going. I got a wideband on the way, and I routed all the wires into the cabin as well.

I am so relieved this thing works.

2Slow
2slow
they don't make cancer like they used to

ugh i have had nothing but bad experiences and long hours with megasquirt..
▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓
▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓
▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓
▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
(Philly) PA krew re%

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
ugh i have had nothing but bad experiences and long hours with megasquirt..

Tell me about it, good to learn from other peoples experience.

Lurker

Maximum Boost By Corky Bell

http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-...9041010&sr=8-1

Considered the bible for turbo charging. He uses a Miata as the example. The book is filled with information that anyone who is new or old to turbo charging can use.

I have it in DOC format, 5 megs. Any interest? I need a host, that only allows genmayers to download.

Thanks To RY: http://recession.org/Corky_Bell_Maximum_boost.doc

Corky Bell - Maximum Boost
http://genmay.vuquoc.com/ if you need a key.

Last edited by Lurker; 12-30-2007 at 12:25 PM..

Toxic | Vapor

torrent it and i will seed it for at least a week

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic | Vapor View Post
torrent it and i will seed it for at least a week

Thats much too complicated for me, especially on a lazy sunday afternoon. Ill wait for the hosts that host top gear for us.

Edit: If you dont mind, send me your email address and ill send it to you. Then you can setup the torrent.

Last edited by Lurker; 12-30-2007 at 11:06 AM..

Toxic | Vapor

pm'ed, ill set it up but my connection isnt that great, does about 45k up

ry

i can host it, contact me on aim at "superchargers"

dvq
Berticus and wigglesworth are my bitches. But im Pidge's Bitch.

I'll put it up too, danvuquoc on aim.

dvq
Berticus and wigglesworth are my bitches. But im Pidge's Bitch.

Removed.

Last edited by dvq; 12-30-2007 at 03:52 PM..

M-Unit
Master-B and is gay lover Jumbypunk = OWNED.

thank you for the hosting and thank you for the file. I'll be saving this for future reference

"All messages posted become the property of General Mayhem, LLC."