General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Deli

White House praises Obama's Plan...lol

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...or-obama-plan/

somebody misforwarded an email.

So now the WH is okay with talking to Iran, moving troops to Afghanistan, and establishing a 'time horizon/table' to withdraw troops from Iraq. Obama has been facing criticism about this since his primary campaign and stood his ground on these issues....hmmm....his judgement ain't so bad after all. Not perfect, but better now.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidMeat
somebody misforwarded an email.

an e-mail that references an el-Rueters story that anybody with internet access could get ?

I don't see the reason for your excitement.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
I don't see the reason for your excitement.

Bush and crew keep doing the things Obama has suggested and which they have derided. Either Bush is a naive appeasing surrender monkey who wants to see America lose in Iraq or Obama is not.

Choose wisely...

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Bush and crew keep doing the things Obama has suggested and which they have derided. Either Bush is a naive appeasing surrender monkey who wants to see America lose in Iraq or Obama is not.

Choose wisely...

You mean like a strong troop buildup in Iraq? Oh wait Obama said that would never work and when it did, edited his webpage. 1984 much?

Deli

did I say I was 'excited'. i was just posting it due to the fact that we've been saying all along that the Iraq gov't will have to choose to be free of US troops b/c it's THEIR country - respecting their sovereignty, so on....and now, they are asking for it and i think it's great so we can finally get the US troops home asap. According to McCain, we have 'succeeded' in Iraq, we should be planning to leave then and focus on Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Deli

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
You mean like a strong troop buildup in Iraq? Oh wait Obama said that would never work and when it did, edited his webpage. 1984 much?

yeah, he did edit the page for sure. The surge did work (though the US should've moved in with way more troops to begin with).

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
we can finally get the US troops home asap.

sonny , the troops ain't coming 'home' - regardless of who the President is.

What you brainDead Limpie PolePolishers consistantly fail to internalize is the fact that iraq is merely a battle in the overall War on islamoFascism.

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
did I say I was 'excited'. .

you didn't have to .

your exceedingly misleading thread title said it all.

LegendKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

Who says it has worked? They cut deals with Sadr and others, that had nothing to do with the surge. Then they started playing with Iran rather than being doofs.

At least they are learning from their mistakes.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller View Post
Who says it has worked? They cut deals with Sadr and others, that had nothing to do with the surge. Then they started playing with Iran rather than being doofs.

Obama said it worked.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller View Post

Deals that Sadr never would have even considered when his power was rising.....wait....are you admitting that Iran has been meddling in Iraq?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Deli

must jubjub use name-calling in hopes to enhance his argument? pretty useless....
you can think what you think about the troops not coming, but it's my firm belief that some will hopefully within the next two years. But of course, many will be diverted to other fronts.

I think it's a mix of increase in troops and making deals with factions that were shooting at Americans. There is no way US troops can contain Iraq on their own w/o the help of local forces and their intelligence.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

lol

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
must jubjub use name-rapage in hopes to enhance his argument?

nahhhhh.... I have no expectation of influencing morally corrupt mental midgets like you---I mamerape to signify my utter contempt.

another way of putting it " I calls 'em like I sees 'em . "