General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

miasman1
I'm a pathetic virgin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMiLeYz View Post
I hate the to point out the obvious that priuses and civics do get better gas milage. Paper cups are decomposable where as styrophone and plastic is not.

If you want to call the hippies of SF smug elitist bastards, I ain't gonna argue with you but I don't get the hypocrite thing.

But still, that doesn't fix a wrong committed in the past IMO. I love how people in SF talk about how they are the most "open" people around but they are closed-minded like all hell.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

AbortTheFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasman1 View Post
But still, that doesn't fix a wrong committed in the past IMO. I love how people in SF talk about how they are the most "open" people around but they are closed-minded like all hell.

people are like that everywhere, people that talk about accepting diversity and being open minded, they're surely not suggesting pedophiles roam the street, they're just as closed minded, they just have a wider sweeping net in terms of what is acceptable.

Bunchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasman1 View Post

I think you're exaggerating just a little bit. Spend a weekend down in Orange County or La Jolla and you might be scrambling to come back to the bay area as soon as possible.

Ho Lee Shit of the Asian Crew

71e7a3a5f86e282d6e23b172626f6cad

UID=growler

Quote:
I hate the to point out the obvious that priuses and civics do get better gas milage. Paper cups are decomposable where as styrophone and plastic is not.

If you want to call the hippies of SF smug elitist bastards, I ain't gonna argue with you but I don't get the hypocrite thing.

Well after you switch to the prius and paper cups you feel like you have done your part and now it is time for the rest of the country to follow suit, so while you could be taking more steps you are happy with the few small insignificant steps you did take and feel like the responsibility has been lifted from your shoulders.

miasman1
I'm a pathetic virgin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=growler View Post
Well after you switch to the prius and paper cups you feel like you have done your part and now it is time for the rest of the country to follow suit, so while you could be taking more steps you are happy with the few small insignificant steps you did take and feel like the responsibility has been lifted from your shoulders.

Just like the Hollywood elite that bought Priuses/Lexus h Series, but they still have their 8mpg Rolls-Royce, Ferrari, or Mercedes AMG in their garage. They still toss their recyclables into the trash bin and waste water/power on their mansions.

topcat989

ah, seems that SF is reaping the wonderous benifits of being a "sanctuary" city.

I noticed today in the bay area papers there were articles extolling the virtues of "sanctuary" policies, the top one being - wait for it-

they help fight crime

the liberal spinmiesters are working it to counterbalance the dose of reality that hit SF

EigerVue

I've been a lot of places and S.F. is currently the city I want to live in the most, I know it is ridiculously over priced but its cutting edge (in my field), I love the climate, the people and the large amount of culture packed into a relatively small area. I cant stand the LA sprawl and the fakes that seem to be multiplying faster than even the mexicans (not that there arent a lot of fake people in SF its just they arent so fucking obvious about it).

that being said its a retarded movecriminal illegal immigrants need to serve their time and be deported

sHr0oMaN

Tree of life...

As my friend always said: "When god shook the tree of life, all the nuts fell in California."
I guess mostly the fell in SF?
As an aside, and in now way relate to myself, but still pretty cool: http://www.zombietime.com

The Yurk

Golden Gate Park on 4/20 FTW

Devnull

Quote:
We've been trying to convince them that if they sold their house and moved East Coast, they could live alot more comfortably. But no way; they love life in San Francisco.

San Francisco is not my first choice, but it would be really hard for anyone that had lived in California to settle for the east coast.