General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
My benefits under the bill of rights shouldn't end at a property line. It's still the USA on either private or public property.

They end at the airport though, and I for one am outraged!
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 08-05-2008, 12:19 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#121  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
you dont need a permit to carry a rifle.
already covered CC

So I can carry a rifle openly in the streets of New York, in accorance with the American constitution, without a permit?
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 08-05-2008, 12:23 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#122  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
My benefits under the bill of rights shouldn't end at a property line. It's still the USA on either private or public property.

Yeah, and the government can't take away your gun on private or public property. The store owner can, since he's not controlled by the Bill of Rights Your right to bear arms doesn't fly any further on private property than your right to free speech does, if the owner wants you to shut the fuck up and/or be unarmed, they're perfectly within their rights to do so.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:48 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#123  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppieTheBanjoClown View Post
I've never heard the term used so broadly, and was using the more common definition, the implied definition that I've always thought was used by every English-speaking person when they used the word.

And I'm using the first definition in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. We can let the readers of our posts decide which would be the "more common definition."



Quote:
Once again:

You've been notified that guns are not welcome on a piece of property. You KNOW the rules, and you willfully (and spitefully) violate them. That makes you an asshole who thinks he is above the property rights of others. Fuck you and everyone like you.
I draw the line when my rights in this country are being infringed. I'm sorry your line isn't in the same place.

Quote:
You can choose what you do in this country. You can choose not to do business with people who believe their customers can get by for thirty minutes of shopping without packing heat. You can choose not to enter a premises that does not share your enthusiasm for personal protection.
Of course, but I'm free to make the choice to do the opposites of those too.


Quote:
The courts have never supported Constitutional rights being enforced against private property owners.
http://www.topix.com/guns/2008/03/fl...s-in-workplace

True, not the courts, but I have yet to see a lawsuit spring up.

Quote:
They have the right to restrict your actions on their property. Apparently you want to force them to resort to invasive searches to prohibit firearms on their property, since you think a fair warning doesn't apply to you.
By your logic, they should have the right to resort to invasive searches by default. You should of been around when we had the last big Retail Reciept Checking discussion, by everything you've said so far, you would seem to be on the side of them being able to detain you solely for not showing a receipt because it's "their property" and you shouldn't have any rights on it.

Quote:
BECAUSE THE WHOLE DISCUSSION WAS STARTED ABOUT A MASS MURDER. And I was responding to that particular scenario, NOT guns in general. God damn would you please read every once in a while? No wonder people don't come in the pit much, you can't say anything without someone blowing it up and deciding you're on a personal crusade to wipe out their civil rights. Holy shit, people. Lighten up and learn to comprehend.
Heed your own advice and read what Soybomb posted about mass-murders being stopped by CCW holders.



Quote:
It's necessary to build roads.
Then the government must consist of "asshole[s] who thinks [they are] above the property rights of others," right?
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

Last edited by Mr. Greg; 08-05-2008 at 10:30 PM..
Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 PM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#124  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Shouldn't your paranoid self be worried about leaving your self-defense in the hands of someone else?

TSA is adequate security.

Quote:
Yep, apparantly! Besides, what do you do when you get off the plane and you're unarmed? Who's to say you wont have to pull out your gun when you leave the airport? I mean it's a rough and tough world out there, and as we know it's so dangerous that carrying a gun in church now is even a must. If you're having to travel and you can't carry your gun with you, you're unarmed an vulnerable. Doesn't that scare the crap out of you? Why is it your constitutional right to bear arms is stripped at the airport? How dare they!
Check your luggage with your pistol and arm yourself when you get it back at the end of the flight.

Quote:
Sorry, I got you mixed up with and Soybomb from the previous thread.


Quote:
Churchs are also typically not a high priority terrorist target, and also typically not a place where gun crime is an issue. To feel you have to carry a gun in that setting for "self-defense" is paranoia.
That exact ignorant argument is what leads to helpless victims. Why would you need to carry at Virginia Tech? Northern Illinois University? Tacoma Mall? Westroads Mall?

It's a slippery slope argument because it could of been argued that paranoia would be the sole reason to carry before shootings there, and yet sure enough, shootings occurred.

Quote:
He's right guys. Firearms were initially developed exclusively for the sport of biathlon a few hundred years ago, until someone misused the tool.
I didn't say anything about their creation, I was using the present tense. Firearms are no longer made solely to enable easy killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
They end at the airport though, and I for one am outraged!

Please show me how you can get past a TSA checkpoint with a firearm or other weapon, and I'll agree with your outrage.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 08-05-2008, 10:28 PM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#125  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
And they'd have every right to eject me as they see fit once they discover it. If they don't provide me with safety to convince me to not protect myself as I am licensed to everywhere else, I don't see why I should let my bill of rights end on their doorstep.
Because you can choose not to walk in the door, you dumb son of a bitch.

I doubt you carry in places where it can get you arrested -- much of the time, a "no firearms" sign has legal weight. But I don't see why you claim your image problems entitle you to implicitly threaten everyone in your line of sight and hurt someone's business too.

It's eminently reasonable, for example, for an establishment that serves alcohol to prohibit firearms on its premises. What responsible gun owner will maintain your moron soapbox about public perception of guns is a good reason to defy (1) the law (2) private property rights (3) common sense firearm safety?

Quote:
I can choose what I do in this country. They can ask me to leave if they don't want me there.
They can also call the police, which is a waste of time and tax dollars.

Quote:
You want my rights under the Constitution to stop at your doorstep. That's a restriction of my freedom if I've ever seen any.
To keep and bear arms is not a basic human right. As such, it's like your free speech "past my doorstep:" it doesn't exist.

Quote:
What do you think about Eminent Domain, then?
What do you think about it, hypocrite?

Quote:
Those that can prove their competency and maturity shouldn't have much restrictions
Has it occurred to you an assumption of competency and maturity is granted in good faith, by necessity, by default, to every citizen of our republic?

By what test do you prove you're more equal than everyone else?

And what of your fundamental right to self defense for whoever fails?

You don't want anything more than to feel smug with your stupid toy.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 AM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#126  

Darth Febreze
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
I draw the line when my rights in this country are being infringed. I'm sorry your line isn't in the same place.

What don't you get about this.

You aren't allowed on someone's property (whether it's a home or business) unless you are invited.

Being invited into a certain business is conditional on the fact that you don't carry a firearm.

If you don't like that, don't go on the property. Sounds easy enough.
__________________
1995 Camaro Z28 6 speed. 383 baby blower cam, cold air induction, pacesetter longtube headers, over the axle true duals with x-pipe and borla xr1s, Dana S60 rear with truetrac and 4.10s, madz28.com tune, crane 1.6 roller rockers.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:02 AM Darth Febreze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#127  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Febreze View Post
What don't you get about this.

You aren't allowed on someone's property (whether it's a home or business) unless you are invited.

Being invited into a certain business is conditional on the fact that you don't carry a firearm.

If you don't like that, don't go on the property. Sounds easy enough.


fortunately here in FL, if i decided to carry my gun into the local jewelry store (makes perfect sense to me) despite the sign on the door that says "no firearms permitted on the premises) the best they can do is ask me to leave and give me a trespass warning. But with my gun being concealed, they would not know and it would never be a big deal. Even if someone tried to rob me inside the store and i shot them, the worst the law could do is ban me from the premises.

so you have to pick your battles. sure the sign says no guns allowed, but it doesn't mean much.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 AM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#128  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
I doubt you carry in places where it can get you arrested -- much of the time, a "no firearms" sign has legal weight. But I don't see why you claim your image problems entitle you to implicitly threaten everyone in your line of sight and hurt someone's business too.

And I'm apparently doing all of this while having a concealed weapon? Do people have X-Ray vision where you come from or something?

Quote:
It's eminently reasonable, for example, for an establishment that serves alcohol to prohibit firearms on its premises.
Of course, which is why there are state laws that state as such. I don't have a problem with common-sense restrictions like that, but I do have problems with private property owners of establishments that provide no different an environment than 3 steps outside the door defying me my constitutional and state-approved rights.

Quote:
What responsible gun owner will maintain your moron soapbox about public perception of guns is a good reason to defy (1) the law (2) private property rights (3) common sense firearm safety?
You'd be hard pressed to find one that would defy the law, which is why I don't carry concealed in my home state of WI. Private property rights I've already gone over. I don't see why it's not "common sense firearm safety" for me to carry inside a convenience store that barely provides a different environment than just outside the door.

Quote:
They can also call the police, which is a waste of time and tax dollars.
Why would they? I'm only breaking the law if they have either a state-approved legit no firearms sign (such as in Texas), or I refuse to leave when they ask me to (which is trespassing).

Quote:
To keep and bear arms is not a basic human right.
Another liberal who thinks the "Bill of Rights" that were affirmed by the founding fathers were things that they decided we should have, and should be taken away if necessary. Typical.

Quote:
As such, it's like your free speech "past my doorstep:" it doesn't exist.
Then if you notice me carrying, ask me to leave.

Quote:
What do you think about it, hypocrite?
I was wondering whether Floppie would side with private property owners or the government on that one. To answer your question, it should be allowed if the government properly reimburses and assists the families affected. Like Floppie said, roads need to be built, but he just holds a double standard, which I'm waiting for him to reply to me addressing.

Quote:
Has it occurred to you an assumption of competency and maturity is granted in good faith, by necessity, by default, to every citizen of our republic?
Of course I have. We're not in Great Britain, after all.

Quote:
By what test do you prove you're more equal than everyone else?
Why are you using equality as a synonym for competent and mature?

Quote:
And what of your fundamental right to self defense for whoever fails?
They'll just have to be like you liberals and tell muggers/murderers/rapists to please wait while you dial 911.

Quote:
You don't want anything more than to feel smug with your stupid toy.


You just want to bury one section of the Bill of Rights under the rug just because you think guns and scary.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 AM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#129  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Febreze View Post
What don't you get about this.

You aren't allowed on someone's property (whether it's a home or business) unless you are invited.

Being invited into a certain business is conditional on the fact that you don't carry a firearm.

If you don't like that, don't go on the property. Sounds easy enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
fortunately here in FL, if i decided to carry my gun into the local jewelry store (makes perfect sense to me) despite the sign on the door that says "no firearms permitted on the premises) the best they can do is ask me to leave and give me a trespass warning. But with my gun being concealed, they would not know and it would never be a big deal. Even if someone tried to rob me inside the store and i shot them, the worst the law could do is ban me from the premises.

so you have to pick your battles. sure the sign says no guns allowed, but it doesn't mean much.

For the uneducated, that's what I've been saying all along.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 AM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#130  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
For the uneducated, he's been saying all along that he's a redneck shithead that doesn't follow the rules if they happen to conflict with his paranoid delusions

next week: mr.greg explains why it's alright to steal from stores if it just feels unconvenient to pay for those damned groceries, and why it's constitutional to do that too
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-06-2008, 11:59 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#131  

Rizen
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
For the uneducated, he's been saying all along that he's a redneck shithead that doesn't follow the rules if they happen to conflict with his paranoid delusions

next week: mr.greg explains why it's alright to steal from stores if it just feels unconvenient to pay for those damned groceries, and why it's constitutional to do that too
You're a fucking retard. Trying to draw a parallel between you legally carrying your gun into a store that asks you not to (them posting a sign doesn't make it illegal, they don't set the law) versus robbing a store and illegally taking their property is asinine, the situations are entirely unrelated and their is no comparison.
__________________
-Ben
Old 08-06-2008, 12:26 PM Rizen is offline  
Reply With Quote
#132  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
You're a fucking retard. Trying to draw a parallel between you legally carrying your gun into a store that asks you not to (them posting a sign doesn't make it illegal, they don't set the law) versus robbing a store and illegally taking their property is asinine, the situations are entirely unrelated and their is no comparison.



That's all you'll get.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#133  

Darth Febreze
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
For the uneducated, he's (Mr. Greg and Commie Punk) been saying all along that he's a redneck shithead that doesn't follow the rules if they happen to conflict with his paranoid delusions, and is willing to hide behind the law to not get any kind of punishment other than what should have happened in the first place (getting banned from the premises).

Fixt. but didn't feel like fixing the grammar for pluralization.
__________________
1995 Camaro Z28 6 speed. 383 baby blower cam, cold air induction, pacesetter longtube headers, over the axle true duals with x-pipe and borla xr1s, Dana S60 rear with truetrac and 4.10s, madz28.com tune, crane 1.6 roller rockers.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM Darth Febreze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#134  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Febreze View Post
Fixt. but didn't feel like fixing the grammar for pluralization.

They have every right to ban me from their premises from the get go. Where did I say they shouldn't have the right not to? If they tell me to leave, I'll leave, else I'd be committing the crime of trespassing.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 08-06-2008, 05:45 PM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#135  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.