General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions View Post
A guy hopped up on a dangerous substance is MORE likely to kill himself or someone else then a guy who gets a chicken sandwich from the drive through.

Actually, that's not true. The number of people who die from heart disease from poor diet and lack of exercise each year far exceeds the number of people who die from recreational drug overdoses. Also, the drug who's use of and intoxication by is most highly correlated with the commission of crimes is Alcohol.

Information comes from the CDC.

Last edited by pyramid; 07-31-2008 at 05:53 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ChiNookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
Do you agree that America is doing really well for itself right now? Relatively, compare to the other countries out there.

All I can say is, not matter how well things are and how high quality of life is anywhere...someone will find a way to live ghetto. In dat gheETtto way nah'msayin. Whether that be by choice, or a result of some outside factor.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

They aren't banning fast food they are limiting (regulating) the number of restaurants to the existing already overrepresented number. If they start forcing restaurants to close down or move, call me.

Also they aren't treating poor people like children, they are treating them like poor adults with limited options who may not be able to just drive farther to a nicer part of town which actually has grocery stores instead of just having mini-marts, liquor stores, pawn shops and fast food joints.

Eating decent home cooked meals with groceries is healthier and cheaper over time than eating fast food as well.

Last edited by pyramid; 08-01-2008 at 03:29 PM..

Soybomb

Quote:
I can see the argument for cracking down on drugs, hell even cigarettes and alcohol...but fast food?
Your logic jumped the tracks. Its your body and your decision on what to put in it or it isn't. When you start rationalizing giving up control of that, don't be surprised when more control than you personally like is eventually taken.