General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

artificial001

i think if anybody honestly THOUGHT about it, and considered the history of all religions in that thinking; it would impossible for them to actually believe in a god.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

slicedoranges
I'M A COCKSUCKER, JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE & I'LL SUCK YOUR'S DRY

You can theorize about God all you want, but it's useless without evidence.

God = Santa = Easter Bunny = Ra = Odin = Zeus = Tooth Fairy

Why the shit should anyone think differently? LOL ZOMG YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH!!11211123

Faith is for morons. Proof: http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesus/Inte...20religion.htm

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

It's rather amusing how these threads are largely collective insults from athiests.

BRING US THE TIME CHILD

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicedoranges View Post
You can theorize about God all you want, but it's useless without evidence.

God = Santa = Easter Bunny = Ra = Odin = Zeus = Tooth Fairy

Why the shit should anyone think differently? LOL ZOMG YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH!!11211123

Faith is for morons. Proof: http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesus/Inte...20religion.htm

One of those studies on the scientists position is either outdated or incorrect(1998). The most recent poll I've seen has suggested that biologists are least likely to believe in a god and not physicists. IIRC in the medical field it's psychiatrists.

slicedoranges
I'M A COCKSUCKER, JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE & I'LL SUCK YOUR'S DRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
One of those studies on the scientists position is either outdated or incorrect(1998). The most recent poll I've seen has suggested that biologists are least likely to believe in a god and not physicists. IIRC in the medical field it's psychiatrists.

Outdated, perhaps, but that doesn't change the trend.

ieyeasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofugger View Post
It's rather amusing how these threads are largely collective insults from athiests.

BRING US THE TIME CHILD

AAA (As An Atheist):

Militant Atheism bothers me, as does Militant Theism, because it is essentially a call for attention.

It's an argument I have with a roomate of mine, also an atheist. We'll see signs on campus that say, (in the most recent example) "Does God feel Pain?". He has the urge to write something to the effect of "No, because he doesn't exist", which I find peurile, infantile, tasteless and attention seeking.

I do think that atheists have some room to complain about certain governmental rituals and creeds that ought not exist in a society that declares itself...undeclared on the topic (In god we trust has no business on the coin; under god no place in the pledge) but consistent mockery is akin to the Muslim calling a Jew "Infidel".

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
AAA (As An Atheist):

Militant Atheism bothers me, as does Militant Theism, because it is essentially a call for attention.

It's an argument I have with a roomate of mine, also an atheist. We'll see signs on campus that say, (in the most recent example) "Does God feel Pain?". He has the urge to write something to the effect of "No, because he doesn't exist", which I find peurile, infantile, tasteless and attention seeking.

I do think that atheists have some room to complain about certain governmental rituals and creeds that ought not exist in a society that declares itself...undeclared on the topic (In god we trust has no business on the coin; under god no place in the pledge) but consistent mockery is akin to the Muslim calling a Jew "Infidel".

What is the form of athiesm (or theism for that matter) whose adherents act like elitist pricks whose theories cannot be faulted?

ieyeasu

Quote:
What is the form of athiesm (or theism for that matter) whose adherents act like elitist pricks whose theories cannot be faulted?

The early 20's.

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Quote:
The early 20's.

well that explains most of the athiest content on genmay

ieyeasu

Quote:
well that explains most of the athiest content on genmay

It also gets folded into internet tough guy.

There are perfectly reasonable, personable atheists in the world.

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Quote:
It also gets folded into internet tough guy.

There are perfectly reasonable, personable atheists in the world.

Is there a reason you're being defensive and not considering yourself part of the non arrogant minority? Take Vendetta for example, he never insults anyone's beliefs or shoves his own down anyone's throat. One of the few people I would actually have a dicussion with on athiesm.

ieyeasu

Quote:
Is there a reason you're being defensive

Am I being defensive? I thought I've been doing a good job of being dispassionate.

Quote:
and not considering yourself part of the non arrogant minority?
I do consider myself non-arrogant on the matter.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
I do consider myself non-arrogant on the matter.

You arrogant bastard!

SnakeIRye

Quote:

Ugh, another argument that needs to be taken out back and shot down by the boomstick of logic.

A person who has the desire to write a response to the question, "does god feel pain?" may be juvenile and petty, but is NOT equal to a person who actually bombs buses, torments their children with stories of hell fire, treats women like dogs, etc...

Maybe when the atheists band together to get that detainment camp going, you can start calling them militant(you know, the word that is supposed to be associated with violence and strong force) Until then, you need to stop using the religious apologists propaganda slang of "militant" and stop acting like you hold the rational middle ground of being a good boy and keeping your mouth shut about atheism.

ieyeasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
Ugh, another argument that needs to be taken out back and shot down by the boomstick of logic.

A person who has the desire to write a response to the question, "does god feel pain?" may be juvenile and petty, but is NOT equal to a person who actually bombs buses, torments their children with stories of hell fire, treats women like dogs, etc...

Maybe when the atheists band together to get that detainment camp going, you can start calling them militant(you know, the word that is supposed to be associated with violence and strong force) Until then, you need to stop using the religious apologists propaganda slang of "militant" and stop acting like you hold the rational middle ground of being a good boy and keeping your mouth shut about atheism.
\

I don't "keep my mouth shut". I just don't find it necessary to stand on my roof with a trumpet.

As far as militant goes...I use it for feminist dykes too, so quit jacking off to your own sense of righteous indignation.