General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
What's crazy is that he's not completely nuts. A lot of the stuff that falls out of his keyboard is actually fairly well reasoned. Just dumb.

It's the unfortunate nature of my viewpoints.

See I once was very interested in the fields of comprehension that introduced more complexity. But, then it dawned on me one day. Life is supposed to be simple and easy to follow and that the greatest revelations, the most pertinent things to our life will be just incredibly obvious and simple. So all my posts really are, is just extreme elaboration of incredibly simple and obvious concepts or ideas. But this isn't done because they are simple and I can't go to the more intricate ones, it's done because the extremely simple and obvious things that have just been sitting there in front of us our entire life are in fact the most pertinent to understand in full.
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 12:43 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
There were people asserting that there was no god thousands of years before Christ ever set foot on this planet.


Good lord you are a fucking moron.

I disagree. God was a natural progression of humanities development of language. I mean, the earliest records of mankind clearly had extremely strong spiritual beliefs of 'higher' intelligence. You go back to even cave paintings, as old as you can get and you'll see men combined with mushrooms or undergoing transcendental experiences. But actual history records aside... ( I don't like going back to evidence because I believe just pure, full comprehension, will always arrive to same conclusion, we have as many synapses in our body as there are stars in the universe, gnostic ability is just a reflection of universal actuality )

This is supposition of mere experience and intuition. But Mckenna supposed that the first contact with 'God' was the very first time that mankind developed an inner reflective voice. All of a sudden man could hear a 'voice' in his head with greater rational and comprehension than what was outside in natural structure. Then following this voice, mankind found it to be better routed to survival. Eventually to be dubbed the voice of God.

Really all this voice was, is it was just highly manifested intuition, once synaptic wiring became complex enough to produce a voice in our monkey brains. This is what I believe it is today even. People continue to confuse highly manifested intuition as 'God'.

No, all the Christians don't claim to 'feel' God because he has a little tentacle connected to all of them from his perch in the clouds. They feel God because it is an underlying intuition, because it quite literally is an intuition.

And it was in the past 500 years or so that mankind in mass decided to stop believing in the awe-inspiring power of this 'God', highly manifested intuition. Which it is no coincidence this occurred right around the time the printing press was invented and mankind could then distribute a 'concept' of God to the masses. Essentially making them disconnect there conscious mind from understanding 'God' as within, pushing them into the direction of neurosis that our culture has essentially arrived at an extremely manifested state of today.

Atheism is the mere continuation of this process of forgetting what 'God' was. Christianity and books describing God were first distributed and then disconnected peoples conscious mind from the notion of what God really is. Then everyone came to realize in the past 100 years thanks to science that yes, there conscious conception of God is incredibly incorrect. Then the result, just throwing out the concept of God altogether,

It is no coincidence that atheists in large point to western religion as the 'delusion' but never go on to nitpick Taoism, Buddhism or Shamanisn, even though these things I would expect the rational mind to consider largely more insane. I mean Buddhist quite literally believe in bardo levels, states of perceived physical existence that through meditation you can manifest them into. This is largely more insane than believing you go to 'heaven' after you die. Buddhists claim to access the bardos regularly under meditation. But no atheist ever attacks that, why? Because the eastern mythological and shaministic notions of God are still in touch of the reality of the matter before the printing press came along and destroyed the western conscious comprehension of God. I honestly think that atheists somehow subconsciously sense they should not tackle Buddhism because it will overcome them because there Atheist notion of God is just a further bastardization of what occurred because of Christianity. Because Buddhism still retains an original, unbastardized concept of what God is. It is a state of highly manifested intuition, it is a state of mind, in essence, it is a chemical. You can attain this state by manipulation and control of the chakra points. In essence, the primary glands of your body that produce the chemicals most pertinent to your subjective feeling and mood at any given moment. All the way up to the third eye and pituatory gland, which produces nn-DMT, the most hallucinogenic chemical known to man and the most widely used shamanistic sacrament still used world round today and in the past few years has been approved for use by religous groups even in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chakras3.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...ine_system.jpg
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR

Last edited by ry_goody; 09-20-2007 at 01:13 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#77  

ieyeasu
 
ieyeasu's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I disagree.

Then you are wrong.

Epicurus drew up the Problem of Evil three centuries before the supposed existence of Christ. You can assert it all you want, but atheism is a more ancient tradition than you think.

And your idea that atheists don't attack "the Eastern religions" is similarly bullocks.
__________________
www.pizzasaucerecipe.org

Last edited by ieyeasu; 09-20-2007 at 01:22 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 01:17 PM ieyeasu is offline  
Reply With Quote
#78  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I disagree. God was a natural progression of humanities development of language. I mean, the earliest records of mankind clearly had extremely strong spiritual beliefs of 'higher' intelligence. You go back to even cave paintings, as old as you can get and you'll see men combined with mushrooms or undergoing transcendental experiences. But actual history records aside... ( I don't like going back to evidence because I believe just pure, full comprehension, will always arrive to same conclusion, we have as many synapses in our body as there are stars in the universe, gnostic ability is just a reflection of universal actuality )

This is supposition of mere experience and intuition. But Mckenna supposed that the first contact with 'God' was the very first time that mankind developed an inner reflective voice. All of a sudden man could hear a 'voice' in his head with greater rational and comprehension than what was outside in natural structure. Then following this voice, mankind found it to be better routed to survival. Eventually to be dubbed the voice of God.

Really all this voice was, is it was just highly manifested intuition, once synaptic wiring became complex enough to produce a voice in our monkey brains. This is what I believe it is today even. People continue to confuse highly manifested intuition as 'God'.

No, all the Christians don't claim to 'feel' God because he has a little tentacle connected to all of them from his perch in the clouds. They feel God because it is an underlying intuition, because it quite literally is an intuition.

And it was in the past 500 years or so that mankind in mass decided to stop believing in the awe-inspiring power of this 'God', highly manifested intuition. Which it is no coincidence this occurred right around the time the printing press was invented and mankind could then distribute a 'concept' of God to the masses. Essentially making them disconnect there conscious mind from understanding 'God' as within, pushing them into the direction of neurosis that our culture has essentially arrived at an extremely manifested state of today.

Atheism is the mere continuation of this process of forgetting what 'God' was. Christianity and books describing God were first distributed and then disconnected peoples conscious mind from the notion of what God really is. Then everyone came to realize in the past 100 years thanks to science that yes, there conscious conception of God is incredibly incorrect. Then the result, just throwing out the concept of God altogether,

It is no coincidence that atheists in large point to western religion as the 'delusion' but never go on to nitpick Taoism, Buddhism or Shamanisn, even though these things I would expect the rational mind to consider largely more insane. I mean Buddhist quite literally believe in bardo levels, states of perceived physical existence that through meditation you can manifest them into. This is largely more insane than believing you go to 'heaven' after you die. Buddhists claim to access the bardos regularly under meditation. But no atheist ever attacks that, why? Because the eastern mythological and shaministic notions of God are still in touch of the reality of the matter before the printing press came along and destroyed the western conscious comprehension of God. I honestly think that atheists somehow subconsciously sense they should not tackle Buddhism because it will overcome them because there Atheist notion of God is just a further bastardization of what occurred because of Christianity. Because Buddhism still retains an original, unbastardized concept of what God is. It is a state of highly manifested intuition, it is a state of mind, in essence, it is a chemical. You can attain this state by manipulation and control of the chakra points. In essence, the primary glands of your body that produce the chemicals most pertinent to your subjective feeling and mood at any given moment. All the way up to the third eye and pituatory gland, which produces nn-DMT, the most hallucinogenic chemical known to man and the most widely used shamanistic sacrament still used world round today and in the past few years has been approved for use by religous groups even in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chakras3.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...ine_system.jpg


I hate to break it to you, but this alternate reality you've created in your head where everything you think is instantly true and real, doesn't exist. But please, continue making baseless assumptions and trying to pass them off as truths. It's really amusing.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-20-2007, 01:22 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#79  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
Then you are wrong.

Epicurus drew up the Problem of Evil three centuries before the supposed existence of Christ.

I dont think christ invented the concept of evil. The concept of evil and demons is evident in shamanistic beliefs before Epicurus existed.

Quote:
And your idea that atheists don't attack "the Eastern religions" is similarly bullocks.
then attack it, my suppositions are nothing but obersvations of actuality, your the one still operating in the world of hopeful thoughts without realizing it

I know what my hopeful thoughts are, I clearly identify them, I know the direction my beliefs aim towards, you do not.

you will not be able to dismantle buddhism, that is just wishful thinking, no different the Christians wanting heaven

and you will most certainly not even be able to lay a finger on shamanism
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR

Last edited by ry_goody; 09-20-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 01:23 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#80  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post


I hate to break it to you, but this alternate reality you've created in your head where everything you think is instantly true and real, doesn't exist. But please, continue making baseless assumptions and trying to pass them off as truths. It's really amusing.

I suppose no alternate reality, I suppose attunment to naturally created reality

I am in touch with the fact, nature created us, not man, attuning yourself to concepts perpetuated by nature is merely the roots
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 01:27 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#81  

ieyeasu
 
ieyeasu's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I dont think christ invented the concept of evil. The concept of evil and demons is evident in shamanistic beliefs before Epicurus existed.



See, this is why I have trouble taking you seriously.

The PoE is about the existence or non-existence of god.

Quote:
you will not be able to dismantle buddhism, that is just wishful thinking, no different the Christians wanting heaven
I don't need to dismantle buddhism. I don't believe in supernatural phenomena, and Buddhism is chock full of them. Therefore, I consider it schlock.
__________________
www.pizzasaucerecipe.org
Old 09-20-2007, 01:46 PM ieyeasu is offline  
Reply With Quote
#82  

Ralph
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post
How about: it's pointless to argue against atheism, because atheism is merely a lack of belief. Now, if you're talking about arguing the assertion that there is definitely no god...well, that's even harder to prove than the validity of any given religion.

I don't find it necessary to attack atheism; I do however think an atheist who actively asserts that my God does not exist because I cannot prove his existence to be a hypocrite.

Aside from some object whose definition explicitly requires the object itself being conspicuous it's technically impossible to disprove the existence of anything. Atheists are not hypocrites for flat out denying the existence of your god because you can't expect people to believe in something without a reasonable amount of proof, especially when the burden of proof rests on YOUR shoulders, not the atheists'.

I think Bigfoot lives on the dark side of the moon but he can't be detected by humans or human technology.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:07 PM Ralph is offline  
Reply With Quote
#83  

Ralph
 
ry_goody:

1.) Get off the shrooms.

2.) Good writing isn't about writing a lot, it's more about saying a lot while writing as little as possible... your posts give me migraines.

3.) We attack Christians because Christians won't keep their fucking mouths shut and too many of them insist on controlling the lives of other non-christian people. We respect the right of any person on earth to hold any opinion they want, but we would appreciate it if they kept their opinions to themselves at least to the extent that it doesn't interfere with OUR lives. You can't expect them to fuck with everyone else and not get shit for it.

I read too much of ry_goody's crap... I think I need to go lie down.

Last edited by Ralph; 09-20-2007 at 03:35 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM Ralph is offline  
Reply With Quote
#84  

Mamma Jamma
 
Mamma Jamma's Avatar
 
I'm an atheist and here's my two cents: I don't like it when the argument, 'god can neither be proved or disproved, so atheists are not right,' or something of the sort is used by the religious. That's just not a good reason to believe in anything. Peace, I'm out.
__________________
The suspense is terrible. I hope itíll last.

b4de59c95fdf3d7d67366b90837dea66 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:25 PM Mamma Jamma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#85  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I suppose no alternate reality, I suppose attunment to naturally created reality

I am in touch with the fact, nature created us, not man, attuning yourself to concepts perpetuated by nature is merely the roots

And who decides which concepts are perpetuated by nature? You? The problem itself lies in the fact that you are the decider of what is real and what is not. Which makes you a moron.


Myself and others continue to respond to your psychobabble with fact after fact, yet you simply continue strolling along with your fingers in your ears yelling, "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU."
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#86  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Jamma View Post
I'm an atheist and here's my two cents: I don't like it when the argument, 'god can neither be proved or disproved, so atheists are not right,' or something of the sort is used by the religious. That's just not a good reason to believe in anything. Peace, I'm out.

There's really no reason to respond to your opinion, since you're obviously a dumb fuck, BUT...

You cannot prove whether or not a deity exists or does not exist, so the belief that a god does exist, and the belief that a god does not, are both equally illogical baseless assumptions.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#87  

ieyeasu
 
ieyeasu's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
There's really no reason to respond to your opinion, since you're obviously a dumb fuck, BUT...

You cannot prove whether or not a deity exists or does not exist, so the belief that a god does exist, and the belief that a god does not, are both equally illogical baseless assumptions.

Do you believe in unicorns?
__________________
www.pizzasaucerecipe.org
Old 09-20-2007, 04:49 PM ieyeasu is offline  
Reply With Quote
#88  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
Do you believe in unicorns?
I don't assert that they do not exist.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#89  

ieyeasu
 
ieyeasu's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
I don't assert that they do not exist.

Really?

I mean, really?

If a five year old asked you if unicorns existed, you'd say "Maybe"?
__________________
www.pizzasaucerecipe.org
Old 09-20-2007, 04:55 PM ieyeasu is offline  
Reply With Quote
#90  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.