General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
Really?

I mean, really?

If a five year old asked you if unicorns existed, you'd say "Maybe"?
A lack of evidence is not proof of nonexistence. Yet, a lack of proof of nonexistence is not proof of existence.

I thought you were smarter than this. I suppose I gave you too much credit.


edit: In other words, since I have to create some sort of simplified abstraction using PeeWee's Playhouse words of the day so you can comprehend this idea, for all anybody knows, unicorns (God, aliens, bigfoot, FSM, etc...) may or may not be real. Yet making an assertion one way or the other is unscientific and illogical.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD

Last edited by :ninja:; 09-20-2007 at 05:10 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
ry_goody:

1.) Get off the shrooms.

2.) Good writing isn't about writing a lot, it's more about saying a lot while writing as little as possible... your posts give me migraines.

3.) We attack Christians because Christians won't keep their fucking mouths shut and too many of them insist on controlling the lives of other non-christian people. We respect the right of any person on earth to hold any opinion they want, but we would appreciate it if they kept their opinions to themselves at least to the extent that it doesn't interfere with OUR lives. You can't expect them to fuck with everyone else and not get shit for it.

I read too much of ry_goody's crap... I think I need to go lie down.

You wanna talk about forcing beliefs onto other people?

Psychadellics are illegal and you guys seem to think this is ok.
This is nothing but an extreme form of spiritual discrimination.

Yes I am on a crusade, perhaps the most justified one out there today.
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 05:11 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
You wanna talk about forcing beliefs onto other people?

Psychadellics are illegal and you guys seem to think this is ok.
This is nothing but an extreme form of spiritual discrimination.

Yes I am on a crusade, perhaps the most justified one out there today.

Has the illegality of psychedelics (LOL SPELLING) ever prevented you from obtaining and consuming them?





No? It hasn't?








Then shut the fuck up.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-20-2007, 05:13 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

Ralph
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
A lack of evidence is not proof of nonexistence. Yet, a lack of proof of nonexistence is not proof of existence.

I thought you were smarter than this. I suppose I gave you too much credit.

You're dumber than a pile of bricks. Imagine walking into court with this defense:

"Your honor, my client couldn't possibly be guilty because the victim was clearly stabbed by an invisible unicorn with a knife-shaped horn that popped into existence solely for that purpose and has since exited our galaxy."

Now, do you think the judge and jury would take a moment to consider your argument or you'd immediately be laughed off the face of the earth? You can only ride your dumbass fallacy so far before it becomes completely unreasonable. Trying to prove a negative is fucking pointless, especially when you're talking about a supernatural being whose characteristics seem to be changing on a daily basis. I don't think you understand the fact that the burden of proof rests on your shoulders since you're making an affirmative claim. There have been 2,000 fucking years for someone to come up with SOMETHING...
Old 09-20-2007, 05:16 PM Ralph is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

Ralph
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
You wanna talk about forcing beliefs onto other people?

Psychadellics are illegal and you guys seem to think this is ok.
This is nothing but an extreme form of spiritual discrimination.

Yes I am on a crusade, perhaps the most justified one out there today.

I could care less who does what drugs as long as I don't get run over by some drunk / high / hallucinating lunatic or stabbed by some freak who's having a bad acid trip... it's just clear that something is affecting your ability to form coherent ideas and it's pretty hard for everyone here to understand them
Old 09-20-2007, 05:21 PM Ralph is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
You're dumber than a pile of bricks. Imagine walking into court with this defense:

"Your honor, my client couldn't possibly be guilty because the victim was clearly stabbed by an invisible unicorn with a knife-shaped horn that popped into existence solely for that purpose and has since exited our galaxy."

Now, do you think the judge and jury would take a moment to consider your argument or you'd immediately be laughed off the face of the earth? You can only ride your dumbass fallacy so far before it becomes completely unreasonable. Trying to prove a negative is fucking pointless, especially when you're talking about a supernatural being whose characteristics seem to be changing on a daily basis. I don't think you understand the fact that the burden of proof rests on your shoulders since you're making an affirmative claim. There have been 2,000 fucking years for someone to come up with SOMETHING...


Your reading comprehension is impeccable. Why don't you go ahead and read what I wrote again before jumping to [the wrong] conclusions about my beliefs.

Your strawman is pretty amusing, too. The argument would not hold up for the same reason why theists' and atheists' arguments don't hold up: no evidence can be produced to support the claim.

And you think that believing that a god does not exist is not an affirmative claim? News flash: you're a moron.

edit: I'll throw in one of these for good measure
__________________
Use Linux and BSD

Last edited by :ninja:; 09-20-2007 at 05:35 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

Ralph
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post


Your reading comprehension is impeccable. Why don't you go ahead and read what I wrote again before jumping to [the wrong] conclusions about my beliefs.

Your strawman is pretty amusing, too. The argument would not hold up for the same reason why theists' and atheists' arguments don't hold up: no evidence can be produced to support the claim.

edit: I'll throw in one of these for good measure

Evidence is not required in order to prove the negative - you must provide evidence to support the affirmative claim, otherwise there's no reason to accept or consider it in the first place. I don't even need to "deny" your claim if you can't provide evidence... I could even go as far as to say you don't have a claim if there's no evidence to support it.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:33 PM Ralph is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
And who decides which concepts are perpetuated by nature? You? The problem itself lies in the fact that you are the decider of what is real and what is not. Which makes you a moron.


Myself and others continue to respond to your psychobabble with fact after fact, yet you simply continue strolling along with your fingers in your ears yelling, "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

If you read Terence Mckenna, Timothy Leary, Robert Anton WIlson... even up to the modern writers of shamanism and metaphysics, they all develop the same viewpoint. This is not coincidence, this is not predisposition, this is because nature dictates the same thing to everyone. I am not a decider, I am not a promoter, my posts here are nothing but mere acts of personal celebration. You guys don't understand how fun it is for me to write this stuff, I don't even have to try, it just flows like I'm drawing. Every single thing I type here I quite literally make up on the spot. And the thing is, I then go read another book of McKenna or Leary and discover, lo and behold they thought up the same exact thing.

This is not guidance, this is not predisposition, there really is a layer of natural information encoded there for us to perceive. I would say, throw yourself off a cliff with a strong dose of mushrooms, try to analyze, try to understand it in your own way. Then go read one of the psychadellic philosopher books and just see how close your own personal observations developed to theres. It is pretty much always the exact same, but some of their wording or examples might be different than yours.

It's like Buddhism. If you read through the book of buddha very little of it is actual 'beliefs'. There are no commandments, there is no description for the way things are. What it is, it's a description of meditation techniques and methods to live life by to make those techniques of meditation function better. There are no priests, there are no prophets, there are only spiritual and meditation guides. What dictates the beliefs and commandments of Buddhism is the experiences itself. The experience creates gnostic information, things you just know by discovering your inner intricacies. This is what dictates the ultimate commandments and beliefs of traditional buddhism. What people discover deep inside them by focusing inward. And the thing is, everyone discovers the same thing. There is a plethora of information encoded within you at a molecular, aka intuitional level, that you can tap into. There are common visual imageries there as well (white light at the end of tunnel?).

All I am doing is pointing the direction and saying, the people who construe this direction are liars for the sake of maintaining their own ego game. There really is something there, but it requires you to see it for yourself to understand it. It is not possible to be translated into words entirely. I mean, Christ tried to do that and look what came of that...
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Has the illegality of psychedelics (LOL SPELLING) ever prevented you from obtaining and consuming them?

No? It hasn't?

Then shut the fuck up.

this is not a good reason
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
this is not a good reason
My point was that your humble and holy crusade is of little importance.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
Really?

I mean, really?

If a five year old asked you if unicorns existed, you'd say "Maybe"?

I would say maybe

One time my friends on mushrooms out in a forest both saw an Ent walking around and cackling. Two of them saw the same thing.

Some people suppose there is the possibility for multiple layers, dimensions of physical existence.

Some people even suppose as 2012 approaches these will merge, revealing again past mythological creatures. There was an article on digg about people seeing a gigantic 20 ft iirc black bird flying around...
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 05:38 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
My point was that your humble and holy crusade is of little importance.

but....... it is quite entertaining for me
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 05:38 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
If you read Terence Mckenna, Timothy Leary, Robert Anton WIlson... even up to the modern writers of shamanism and metaphysics, they all develop the same viewpoint. This is not coincidence, this is not predisposition, this is because nature dictates the same thing to everyone. I am not a decider, I am not a promoter, my posts here are nothing but mere acts of personal celebration. You guys don't understand how fun it is for me to write this stuff, I don't even have to try, it just flows like I'm drawing. Every single thing I type here I quite literally make up on the spot. And the thing is, I then go read another book of McKenna or Leary and discover, lo and behold they thought up the same exact thing.

This is not guidance, this is not predisposition, there really is a layer of natural information encoded there for us to perceive. I would say, throw yourself off a cliff with a strong dose of mushrooms, try to analyze, try to understand it in your own way. Then go read one of the psychadellic philosopher books and just see how close your own personal observations developed to theres. It is pretty much always the exact same, but some of their wording or examples might be different than yours.

It's like Buddhism. If you read through the book of buddha very little of it is actual 'beliefs'. There are no commandments, there is no description for the way things are. What it is, it's a description of meditation techniques and methods to live life by to make those techniques of meditation function better. There are no priests, there are no prophets, there are only spiritual and meditation guides. What dictates the beliefs and commandments of Buddhism is the experiences itself. The experience creates gnostic information, things you just know by discovering your inner intricacies. This is what dictates the ultimate commandments and beliefs of traditional buddhism. What people discover deep inside them by focusing inward. And the thing is, everyone discovers the same thing. There is a plethora of information encoded within you at a molecular, aka intuitional level, that you can tap into. There are common visual imageries there as well (white light at the end of tunnel?).

All I am doing is pointing the direction and saying, the people who construe this direction are liars for the sake of maintaining their own ego game. There really is something there, but it requires you to see it for yourself to understand it. It is not possible to be translated into words entirely. I mean, Christ tried to do that and look what came of that...
This post has absolutely nothing to do with you using facts, that can be easily debunked using physical science, to support whatever viewpoint the drugs you're on at that moment in time are giving you. Remember... what I was calling you out on? That your response completely missed?

But please, hope that by writing more and digressing into endless tangents that we'll forget what we were arguing in the first place, and raise you upon our shoulders declaring you the King of Logic and Truth.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD

Last edited by :ninja:; 09-20-2007 at 05:42 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 05:40 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH
 
Escaped Gorilla Genitals's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
A lack of evidence is not proof of nonexistence. Yet, a lack of proof of nonexistence is not proof of existence.

I thought you were smarter than this. I suppose I gave you too much credit.


edit: In other words, since I have to create some sort of simplified abstraction using PeeWee's Playhouse words of the day so you can comprehend this idea, for all anybody knows, unicorns (God, aliens, bigfoot, FSM, etc...) may or may not be real. Yet making an assertion one way or the other is unscientific and illogical.
Make an assertion one way or another is not illogical or even unscientific. You can compare the evidence of both sides (books, eyewitness accounts, various unexplained phenomenon vs lack of any hard evidence, logical contradictions and paradoxes of the supernatural, seemingly God-free development of the Universe) and make your choice. The problem isn't that there is no evidence, it's that it's not conclusive either way. Personally I'd say observations of the development of the universe and the inability of theists to produce any evidence outside of extremely subjective personal accounts and holy books points very strongly towards the supernatural being a human invention, but if people draw a different conclusion from that evidence I can't tell them they're absolutely wrong.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:43 PM Escaped Gorilla Genitals is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Evidence is not required in order to prove the negative - you must provide evidence to support the affirmative claim, otherwise there's no reason to accept or consider it in the first place. I don't even need to "deny" your claim if you can't provide evidence... I could even go as far as to say you don't have a claim if there's no evidence to support it.

This is really not that hard to figure out.

Vagina believes in God
You do not

Clearly it is dependent on something psychological to each individual person and not scientific evidence.

Now try to figure out what psychological aspects make him exist.
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 09-20-2007, 05:44 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.