General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
kunta kinte
Blade
PozMcAIDS_McFaggotPants
 
kunta kinte's Avatar
 
can iphones edit excel of word documents?
__________________
Originally known as Blade
Old 02-21-2008, 11:08 PM kunta kinte is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

japroach
 
japroach's Avatar
 
Awesome, I like your methodology.
__________________
turn sigs off
www.crangather.com
Old 02-21-2008, 11:23 PM japroach is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

Marker
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
can iphones edit excel of word documents?

no they can view them, not edit. and for some they do not open .rtf ahhaha oh apple.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 AM Marker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

p8ball4life
 
p8ball4life's Avatar
 
Attention whore. Having an IPhone wasn't enough eh?

Oh my bad, it's all about the 'increased durability'.....
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM p8ball4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

KnightKrew
 
Let me try to answer some of your questions.

This mod wasn't cheap. On top of buying the iPhone the coatings and extra housing cost hundreds of dollars. Probably close to $2k-$3k total. (Good thing lab time was covered by the school!)

I have access to these tools through Penn State University.

Try editing word and excel documents through google docks, it worked before they updated all that stuff so maybe it still does...

Allot of people ask me about new/different color schemes. While anodizing can be died almost any color this accounts for only the rear housing of the phone and a crazy color like red or blue or pink would look weird in just that one area. The titanium treatment is limited color wise by the laws of nature. No die is used to create the gold/black color, it is a property of the material itself.

Judging by all the positive responses through this forum and the people that have seen my work, I would really like to offer this to more people. As one member pointed out I have indeed taken some steps to make this a reality. A webpage with details on the process, what is involved and some really cool pix indeed exists. I might put a link in my sig...

I have also purchased a brand new 16GB iPhone that I may be selling in deals and steals. I want to gauge interest and gain some funding to make this available to everyone. The phone can be either black or gold depending on the buyers request.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 PM KnightKrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

?psalus
Apsalus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightKrew View Post
Let me try to answer some of your questions.

This mod wasn't cheap. On top of buying the iPhone the coatings and extra housing cost hundreds of dollars. Probably close to $2k-$3k total. (Good thing lab time was covered by the school!)

I have access to these tools through Penn State University.

Try editing word and excel documents through google docks, it worked before they updated all that stuff so maybe it still does...

Allot of people ask me about new/different color schemes. While anodizing can be died almost any color this accounts for only the rear housing of the phone and a crazy color like red or blue or pink would look weird in just that one area. The titanium treatment is limited color wise by the laws of nature. No die is used to create the gold/black color, it is a property of the material itself.

Judging by all the positive responses through this forum and the people that have seen my work, I would really like to offer this to more people. As one member pointed out I have indeed taken some steps to make this a reality. A webpage with details on the process, what is involved and some really cool pix indeed exists. I might put a link in my sig...

I have also purchased a brand new 16GB iPhone that I may be selling in deals and steals. I want to gauge interest and gain some funding to make this available to everyone. The phone can be either black or gold depending on the buyers request.
*dye.

Bitchin' work. I wish that I could play with SEMs.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 PM ?psalus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

Lotsoguns
 
Lotsoguns's Avatar
 
doting thread for future awsome
Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 AM Lotsoguns is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/
 
VanFanel's Avatar
 
You made it to the front page of Gizmodo

edit: Actually the [M] made it to gizmodo

http://gizmodo.com/360030/the-iphone-under-a-microscope
__________________
Das Auto.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:03 PM VanFanel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

Assyrian
 
Assyrian's Avatar
 
Awesome. More people will sign up who we don't care about.
__________________
wat

twitter.com/thespazz
Old 02-23-2008, 03:07 PM Assyrian is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

cirial
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
You made it to the front page of Gizmodo

edit: Actually the [M] made it to gizmodo

http://gizmodo.com/360030/the-iphone-under-a-microscope

Does this mean we are now relevant and can have our wikipedia page back? ...
__________________
XBOX [M]odders Club
VW Drivers Club - '04.5 VW Jetta GLI - Blue Lagoon
Old 02-23-2008, 03:32 PM cirial is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

KnightKrew
 
Wow very cool, you can thank me later

Here is another picture for your enjoyment
__________________
Ya I Pimped the iPhone
Old 02-23-2008, 04:25 PM KnightKrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.
 
__________________
Whiny Douche for mod.
Digital Mocking's a cuntflap
4138660d2dbe60f185882a92b829b0fd
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf
Old 02-23-2008, 04:46 PM G-Daddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

?psalus
Apsalus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
You made it to the front page of Gizmodo

edit: Actually the [M] made it to gizmodo

http://gizmodo.com/360030/the-iphone-under-a-microscope
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Daddy View Post
Nice to see Giz finally checked their email. It took them long enough, considering how much they love the iPhone.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:42 PM ?psalus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

I Robert I
i am teh LED/LIGHT/PHP master!! owned by suffocate [<3]
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by /\psalus View Post
Nice to see Giz finally checked their email. It took them long enough, considering how much they love the iPhone.
They don't so much like anything Apple as much as they obsess over it. Most of the commenters/posters over there are the archetype of a Mac zealot.
__________________
Denameraper, Desticker, ImageShrinker and other stuff to make genmay life easier (clicking the donation button aint gonna kill you ):
http://mayhemex.theintarweb.net
Also:
http://www.genmay.net/showthread.php?t=716914
Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 PM I Robert I is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

KnightKrew
 
Wow this has gotten big really fast. Keep letting me know what you think, I like your comments and questions.
__________________
Ya I Pimped the iPhone
Old 02-23-2008, 07:01 PM KnightKrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.