General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Vault of [M]ayhem!
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Sarah Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglysis
then did you go to home depot? That's a nice little day you had planned out there.

obviously we all do things outside of gen[m]ay. I, myself, was on for a total of 45 minutes this weekend.

Total Posts: 45,832 (41.33 posts per day) vs. Total Posts: 6,229 (10.10 posts per day) would lead me to believe that you are full of .
Uh, I've been here over 3 years and in my spamday, it wasn't unusual for me to get 1000 posts in a single day.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bossk

Come on guys, let's put all our energy to a more productive use than this bickering... namely, thinking up spoilers for book 7

R.A.B. = REGULUS A. BLACK!!!11111

OMG!!1

at
@

Quote:
I just looked it up. the list price is 41.00 Canadian. I overstated the price, but it's not 16.50. 41.00 is still a whack of cash for a book that isn't art or rare.

Zellers was selling it for around $25. And regardless, since when do you get to be the Emperor of Value? $41 seems like a decent price to pay for something that a kid will probably have forever and read over and over.

I could equally call the people who produce art books greedy for charging so much. $41 just for a bunch of pictures? Obviously they're just playing on your need to be bohemian in order to sell you their overpriced capitalist corporate junk, am i rite?

You're obviously just a self-centered little prick with a holier than thou attitude who thinks it's cool to fuck with people because they're not as "cultured" as you are. Grow up and learn some respect.

DigitalChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMsCanBeRite
Uh, I've been here over 3 years and in my spamday, it wasn't unusual for me to get 1000 posts in a single day.
haha.. hey we should join forces and make one of those i would love to see everyone complain on here

Hoglysis
I want to lix0r thechix0r <3 Hoglysis

Quote:
I paid $17.99 for my copy and was greatly distressed when I went to Target yesterday and found a big display of the books for $16.58... although that may be a regional thing... but you can buy it online for $17.99 US

/shrug

so prices vary from about 20-70 bucks Canadian. Some people will get ripped and some won't.

DigitalChaos

Quote:
/shrug

so prices vary from about 20-70 bucks Canadian. Some people will get ripped and some won't.
hurrrr

Sarah Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by
haha.. hey we should join forces and make one of those i would love to see everyone complain on here
I could post all of the pictures from the Harry Potter Party... theres 29 of them

Sarah Palin

Quote:
/shrug

Anyone who truly values a dollar will have the sense to shop around to find the best price

DigitalChaos

Quote:
I could post all of the pictures from the Harry Potter Party... theres 29 of them
throw some of my ferret pictures in for good measure: http://genmay.net/showthread.php?t=553512
people hate ed pics :P

Hoglysis

Quote:

I see. so you are a reformed member who finally saw some sunlight and is now preaching to the rest of the [m] populace not to make the mistakes you did.

Bossk

The thing is to skip over the actual bookstores and buy it somewhere ghetto.

At Chapters, Indigo, etc., it was anywhere between $30 and $40.

Went to Superstore and got it for $19.95 Canuckistan dollars

DigitalChaos

Quote:
Anyone who truly values a dollar will have the sense to shop around to find the best price
but the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.

Hoglysis

Quote:

How many people in a mad frenzy of media induced chaos when to those Harry Potter "parties" at bookstores? Will they really show up to find the book at 40 dollars only to turn around and shop online?

DigitalChaos

Quote:
How many people in a mad frenzy of media induced chaos when to those Harry Potter "parties" at bookstores? Will they really show up to find the book at 40 dollars only to turn around and shop online?
god damn you are DUMB
hey look guys, i can argue about ANYTHING on the internet. WATCH ME!

at
@

Quote:

You're retarded.

"OMG ALL PEOPLE ARE DUMB BUT ME. NO ONE CAN MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES. END CORPORATE GREED. GEORGE W. BUSH IS HARRY POTTER IS HITLER. J.K. ROWLING OUT OF IRAQ."

edit: Oh and my sister bought the $41 dollar version. Why? Because she wanted to support the local independant book store, and not the corporate owned box store that can afford to sell for cheaper. If you're going to have high school corporation paranoia, at least understand how corporate retailers make money. It's NOT by charging more. God damn you're stupid.

Last edited by at; 07-18-2005 at 12:35 PM..