General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

MuNkY

why do golf announcers whisper?

WTF? they are on the other side of the course, and they still wisper.. sdfkljsdkljfsakldjfasdj;flkj i was just flipping through the channels, and i saw tiger woods so i decided to stay on the channel and watch it for a minute, and the announcers are whispering.. makes no sense.
Http://www.akgamers.com

I will burn you with AMD Procs, I will tie you to a bed of procs and use YOU as the heatsink! - James Crivellone

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

M|22

because it would give the old people watching a heart attack if they talked normally

Bubbelz

because if they yelled like those stupid mesican soccer announcers they would be band from golf

Cryptic
stuff and things

damn you misar too

logie
Do what now?

EthanHunt

centre passes to half-back and now back to centre, centre HOLDS IT HOLDS IT HOLDS IT!!!!!!11

bigcook

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bigcook

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL

Bubbelz

Quote:
Originally posted by bigcook
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Quote:
Originally posted by bigcook
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL

Banshee

test

TicklemySphinxter
Cuetip42

You ever see tiger woods get pissed off cuz a cell phone rings?.........oh man.......hehe DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!

Wijy5

The play by play announcers actually follow the golfers around. They are relatively close. Any yelling would distract the golfer. Also, i'm sure it's just a style thing too.

space_monkey

Because they crank the volume wayyy up so that you can hear the thwack-pfffft! of the sand wedge swing in the trap, the click of the putter against the ball on the green and the sound of the ball plopping in the cup.
Golf is not the kind of sport that involves shouting incoherently in a roid rage, no matter how great your last shot was. Well, I've seen some people play that way, but they usually get so frustrated that their hockey swing keeps hitting the ball into the pond over, and over again -> they quit after the 3rd hole because they've snapped half of the clubs in their bag over their knee.

Golf is about calmness, precision, consistency, tempo, and pure control by taking in all the information you can gather using all your senses. Yes, you can even smell a good shot before it happens.

But it is somewhat silly that the commentators are usually sitting in the network studio, which could be 2 miles or 2000 miles away, but by whispering you may be fooled into thinking that these guys are right there next to the golfer, and hence it makes the viewer feel that much closer to the action.

Last edited by space_monkey; 03-23-2003 at 12:25 PM..