General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

Traxx

The *Official* Unofficial Complete GenMay FAQ - UPDATED

Attention whores and spammers, this is your GenMay.

This is an Official Unofficial FAQ complied by me over the past few months. It details the common words, phrases, people and events that have befallen this hallowed hole of the internet since its creation July 6th 2002. Everything listed is as accurate as I have witnessed it, and is of my own opinion.

You think you know anything about the Mayhem? Prepare to be educated...

General Mayhemery
-----------------------------------

Who owns this place?
Technically, sanjay owns all the domain names, so in essence he’s the owner of the name. aoLhaTer, M|22 and why_ask_why are the administrators of the forum, so they keep the it up, going and running.

What is the history?
General Mayhem was a sub-section at a computer-hardware-themed website called [H]ard|OCP. It is primarily a hardware/software/overclocking/modding site, and the GenMay was the misc area. It carried the ominous “Consider yourself warned” description, as spam, girl threads, AYB, $10K desks, and all manner of Mayhem transpired there. In a forum of 40K users (at the time), GenMay was the most popular. Even with a sub-forum for every popular topic, GenMay had more posts and threads then all of them combined. Kyle Bennet, who owns [H]ard|OCP and the forums, concluded GenMay caused too much trouble (with other forums and such), cost too much money (bandwidth), and was a huge liability. So, he purged the database of GenMay, for the reasons cited above. M|22, FLECOM, and James Crivellone saw an opportunity and registered genmay.com, genmay.net, and genmay.org respectively, and setup a rudimentary collocated webserver. The temporary server was much, much slower than [H]ard|OCP’s and simply was not powerful enough to run such a high-traffic environment that GenMay is. Through donations, title purchases, and lots of tweaking, M|22 was able to upgrade the server to the glory that you see today.

Who runs it?
M|22 is the hardware man. aoLhaTer and why_ask_why police the forums as administrators along with him. A variety of other moderators run the various sub-forums.

What does it run on?
Currently, Dual 2.4ghz Pentium4 Xeons, 1GB of RAM, and a few arrays of SCSI harddrives. More than adequate to hande the immeasureable amounts of spam which befalls this place.

How much bandwidth does the site consume per month?
Speculation has put it above the 1TB/month mark. It easily surpasses the 400GB mark included with the current hosting plan.

What are the rules?
http://207.44.194.54/announcement.php?s=&forumid=1

Does anyone follow those rules or enforce them to their fullest extent?
No

So who’s phallice do I have to fornicate to get some respect around here?
Generally, these rules are meant to be followed, in no particular order:

DONT SCREAM IN THE THREAD TITLES FOR THE LOVE OF CHARLES TURIRICH
Post in the proper forums.
Never, ever post threads that begin with: "Hi guys I'm new here!"
Keep r eposts to a minimum, if at all.
Don't defend your stupidity.
Don't flame or fuck with mods and admins, especially you 10k users.
Don't fuck around with established members, we're mean.
Do NOT tempt Asmodeus, as he will make you cry through the intarweb.
You're a noob, to be seen and not heard, don't make a big deal of your existence.
Stupid, ridiculous, or otherwise fucked up threads just piss us off, do not make them.
Watch out for the night crew man, they’re fucking mean.

In essence?

“I hope you fuckers have thick skins. Already a few of you baby turtles were killed and eaten before you found the sea.”

Do you have to follow these, are they written anywhere else but here? No. Will following these rules put you on the chosen path to enlightenment as a respected, prominent forum member. Yes.

What is the CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet?
The name of Homer Simpson's start-up dot-com company, and also a hardware/software/PC troubleshooting sub-forum.

What is The Pit?
It is a sensitive discussion area with no-holds-barred flaming. Topics usually are of the political and racial sort, where users tell you exactly what they feel and think about the issue at hand. Strong opinions are heard and felt freely.

What is the Bone Closet?
It is the adult discussion area of GenMay. The topics usually wander from anything about sexual practices to relationship advice. Most who frequent the Bone Closet consider it a separate forum from GenMay, and rarely visit the main Mayhem. They claim a mature response could not happen in the main forum. You know what? They suck! Bunch of pretentious bastards! You think you're better than us?

Not like they’re going to see this anyway

What is the Babe Forum?
It is the area with visual imagery of the female variety. Hot chicks are found here.

What is AEC?
The Adult Eye Candy* section of the Babe Forum. You have to be 18+ years of age to post, verified by [REMOVED AS PER PAYPAL REQUEST] THIS FORUM HAS NOT EXISTED IN YEARS

What is Games?
The sub-forum dedicated solely to video and computer gaming news and discussion.

What is Deals and Steals?
A For Sale/For Trade forum, along with various slick deals to create fat wallets.

What is the Kiddie Corral?
The KC is a magical place of wonder and mystery. A clever method of rehabilitating our spammers instead of banishment created by M|22, it stands as a testament to a happy and functional forum environment. Users are no longer banned (some are if required, but rarely), they are reformed back into functioning posters and continue with a new sense of thought before posting. Users are sent there by admins/mods, and also by donations.

What is the Vault of Mayhem?
An archive of Teh Funnay, where old comedy gold threads are kept for later viewing.

The following sub-forums forums are no longer with us:

What is the [M]eeting Room?
This area is used to organize real-life “meatings” between members.

What is Whine and Complain?
This is the suggestions forum. Post your ideas to fix problems, or whine and complain about existing ones.

What is [M]oney?
The miserable failure attempting to dispense advice and discuss various financial queries- stocks, investing, consulting, prostituition, etc. It lasted less than a month.

Which address is the right one (.net, .com, .org, .dydns.org)?
Since sanjay owns all of these, they should in theory point to the correct places. If you are having problems, reach the IP directly: http://207.44.194.54/

Last edited by Traxx; 06-17-2003 at 01:23 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Traxx

Common Phrases and Words
-----------------------------------------------
What is Pay it Forward/PIF?
A thread started to encourage the practice of Paying it Forward, from The Movie With That Kid From The Sixth Sense. The idea is that someone needs something you have, and you give it to them if you no longer need it. You may get nothing in return immediately, but, like the practice of karma, eventually you will. The idea is that your good deeds will come back to reward you, completing the circle. Didnt really pan out, though.

What is FLOF?
FLOF is an online radio show run by Gabe. Its a variety comedy/radio/prank show, and is mildly entertaining.

What is <3?
Look at it sideways. Its a heart, as in, I <3 GenMay.

What is >?
The greater than/less than signs are used to compare two items, expressing ones opinion. Operands from that Algebra class are your friend, and operate pretty much the same way.

What is noes?
Funnier way of expressing NOoooOOOooo! The suffix -es is being added to existing words for comical applications, generally used in the same manner.

What does it mean to be or get owned/pwned/phowned/phlowned?
The ultimate word. It can convey a variety of feelings, actions or occurrences. It can be funny, painful, ironic, depressing, etc. Youll know you have been when you are.

What does it mean to be KCd?
This is when you play for KC and the Sunshine BAND, you are sent to the Kiddie Corral for a fixed amount of time to be rehabilitated.

What does it mean to be Band?
Another misspelling for banned. Means you are banished from the forums, cannot post, create or view threads.

What is !=?
!= is the same as does not equal.

What is omghi2u!?
It is phrase mimicking how stupid teenage girls communicate when talking on AOL Instant Messenger. Replacing to with 2, and you with u, along with no spaces, makes an outright annoying series of jumbled, incoherent letters and words.

What is kekeke?
It is how the Koreans laugh while playing StarCraft, before collapsing into a coma for playing 85 hours straight. ^__^

What does it mean to do her/him in the butt?
Doing someone in the butt is the most degrading sexual practice one can do. Its warm, tight, and grimacingly unpleasant to receive, which is undoubtedly hilarious to witness. Doing people in the butt is a common occurrence, and is part of a healthy lifestyle. When someone says , it usually means they are not attractive enough for normal sex, or even worth treating right.

What is rofl/roofles/rooflecakes/roofleskates/rooflederby//waffleblades/etc?
Rolling on the floor, laughing.

What is lol/lollerskates/lollercoaster/lollerse.cx/lollerderby/etc?
Laughing out loud.

What is roofles or ?
The pronounced versions of ROFL. Rolling on the floor, laughing and Laughing out loud.

What does it mean to say Id hit it?
It means they would have sexual intercourse with her/him/it. Id hit it like a ton of bricks. Id hit it like Dale Earnhardt. Id hit it like brick shit-house. Id hit it in the dark. Id hit it with a bag. Id hit it can be used as either a compliment or a put-down: Id hit it with a baseball bat. Id hit it with my car. You get the idea.

What does for free mean?
You mean FOR FREE?

What is Goatse?
http://www.goatse.cx. The Goatse man is a hero of legend. Many times, people get Goatsed, viewing the gaping pooper and scarring them for life. Such acts of trickery are hilarious.

What is Tubgirl?
http://www.tubgirl.com. The Tubgirl is just as repulsive.

What is Pain4?
A collage of painful images. This is a series of diseased genitals, dead people, and horrible anime tentacle rape images.

What is Bakla?
http://www.bakla.net. S/hes a hottie.

What is lemonparty?
Not working anymore, but http://www.lemonparty.org. It was a bunch of very old, very gay men having sex with each other. There were wrinkles where wrinkles should not be.

What is sig?
Short for signature. This is the text that follows every post, and is usually a quote, advertisement, URL, etc.

What does ++ mean?
From the book 1984 and the C programming language, ++is used to enhance an already existing word or phrase without changing the original word- essentially another iteration of the original word. Replace the word very before the ++ word and it pretty much means the same thing. The opposite of ++ is naturally , used in the same regard.

What does ttt mean?
To the Top. Posting in a thread moves it to the very top of the list of posts.

What does bump mean?
Same as TTT, moving a thread upwards for more views/replies.

Why is Google my friend?
http://www.google.com can help you find anything you need. Anything!

What are keyboard drivers?
Warez, screener movies, ROMs, etc. Anything illegal that can be downloaded, more or less. On an unrelated note, dc.genmay.com.

What is a title rape?
When ones thread title or user title is modified to a more fitting, humorous or embarrassing one.

What does it mean to be hax0red?
Getting hacked, losing files, etc. Hack the planet! Crash and burn!

What is leet?
Slang for elite. Being really, really good at something.

Last edited by Traxx; 06-17-2003 at 01:23 AM..

Traxx

What is SA?
http://www.SomethingAwful.com. A website about general comedy and Photochopping insanity, and the origin of the majority of teh funnay on the intarweb. Their forums are our pseudo-rivals.

What is the [H]?
[H]ard|OCP or the HardForums. The origin of the first GenMay, dedicated to the advancement of computer hardware and overclocking.

What is ADF?
DrunkenForums, where all our rejects hang out. Beer me!

What are pics? Why should I post them?
Pics aka pictures are the single most important thing you can post on GenMay. Visual imagery is the root of all judgments whether it is about a person, place, piece of artwork, so on. As a predominately male group, the users of GenMay are more visually-oriented than anything else. Pics are a good thing, no matter the quality. You would do good to post them. They also provide spur-of-the-moment Photochoppage.

What is a post count?
This number is your total posts from the beginning. Post counts used to be displayed under your username, but was removed for speed/optimization purposes. You are not your post count, and you are not your PC specs.

What is spam?
Spam is empty or otherwise worthless content. Spammers usually have high post counts, containing the ever-popular single smiley post, LOL, heh etc.

What is a r epost?
Any information previously posted. The J.Lo video is a r epost, as is 99% of the stuff you will post. Most likely it has already been done, so make use of the search function to avoid embarrassment and public shame.

What is the 10k desk?
A user by the name of Lantec purchased a $10,000 wooden desk for his computer area. He was taunted mercilessly for buying such a piece of crap desk, as the community concluded. It turned out that he paid in Canadian dollars, so that equates to around $46 in USD. Mandatory 10K desk reference per FAQ now satisfied.

What is angst?
Teenage angst is the most common annoyance GenMay has. Popularized by bands like Dashboard Confessional and Linkin Park, angst is the source of most frustration our younger users have. Being confused, angry, and depressed are classic signs of angst, or being angry with no specific reason.

What is a girl thread?
A thread specified to the ad nauseum I like this girl but she doesnt know me! problem many guys have. Whining about insecurity, shyness, and general lack of confidence bordering angst are symptoms of a girl thread.

What is forum drama?
Any events relating to important matters, or unnecessary amounts of emotion/angst/trauma/tragedy. When LilMisCanBeRite started the Bra thread travesty, that was forum drama. When FLECOM and James Crivellone wouldnt give up their domains, that was forum drama. When Kruzen spammed his last spam, that was forum drama. Once again, youll know it when you see it.

What is a cran?
A retarded homosexual. Yeah, thats what I thought too.

What is an improper use of internet technology?
Running a forum such as GenMay. See Bryson, John.

What is mansechs?
Sex with a man. It should be avoided.

What is a pen0s?
Slang for penis.

What is teh funnay?
Proper misspelling of the comedy gold which we all seek. Teh funnay is found in many places- pictures, stories, forum drama, etc. You know it when you see it.

What is comedy gold/platinum/diamond?
The rarest and purest form of teh funnay. 100% Grade A+ pure extract, baby.

What is a noob?
Slang for newbie. A person who is new to the forum environment, or is inexperienced.

What are teh goggles? Why do they do nothing?
An oft-quoted line from The Simpsons. It is used to describe an unpleasant visual image, such as goatse, tubgirl, etc. The pictures viewed would be so horrible, the goggles would indeed do nothing. Also used as the protective eyewear, it is ineffective.

What is fapping?
The sound made while masturbating. Guys fap. Girls paf or squish.

What is the intarweb?
Slang for the internet.

What is an attention whore?
A girl who whores herself out for the approval of a bunch of intarweb dorks, much like the ones who frequent GenMay. Most post pictures of themselves either nude or semi-nude, eliciting the greenest jealousy out of the other forum girls. Most create some way, shape or form of forum drama.

What is a photochop?
An image modified with Adobe Photoshop for humorous purposes. The best chops are the ones that arent requested.

What is a domo-kun?
A network mascot for a Japanese cable company. He is a little brown thing, and caused a fuzzy brown sensation across the intarweb. Classic chop material.

What is clich kitty?
A little striped kitten bounding in a field, used in a number of photochops.

What is All Your Base?
AYB is the one of greatest single events in intarweb history. The mangled translation of the Sega Genesis game Zero Wing became an internet phenomenon- spawning an incredible flash movie, techno music, t-shirts, mouse pads, mugs, etc. Classic quotes include What happen For great justice! How are you gentlemen!! and All your base are belong to us.

What is the Gibson? Why should I hack it?
The Gibson is the mainframe computer internet information highway web from the god-awful movie Hackers. Thrills such as turning on a sprinkler system via a laptop and phone line and hacking the garbage file are sprinkled within this treasured classic. It is a mockery of all computer systems and their users. Also a monolithic, self-powered mobile wardriving machine piloted by KeithV and JamesC.

What is kthxbye?
More AOL-speak. OK, Thanks, Bye! Used to end a discussion with the ownage. As in: I am right, you are wrong. Very very wrong. kthxBYE!

What is an intarweb penos?
Your amount of internet respect or standing, or the amount and quality of your possessions. M|22, aoLhaTer and sanjay have huge, swinging intarweb penoses. You have to bust out the electron microscope to see Kruzen and SebTheDJs intarweb penoses.

What is the kitttah?
The official animal of GenMay and the way Cartman from the show South Park says kitty. Remember, the internet is serious business. Also a series of animated .gifs created by mr_brett proclaiming a variety of phrases sparked this common rewording. Variants: doggah, bunnah, etc.

What is true.dat?
Ghetto slang for agreeing with someones idea. True that, in nerdly .dat form.

What is the lock? Why do I want to be in before it?
When it is obvious a thread needs to be locked (discussion of warez, posting goatse, etc), some find it amusing to try and post in the thread before it gets locked by a mod.

What is whiskey, tango, foxtrot?
WTF?

What is oscar, mike golf?
OMG!

What is tl;dr?
Too long; didnt read

What are cliff notes?
A summary of a long post, usually condensed into a few poignant sentences.

Who is Bubb Rubb?
Pioneered the whistles going woo woo. Just for decoration man, just for decoration. Another classic intarweb event.

Why do people quote Linkin Park lyrics?
Because your thread or comments were overly angsty.

Who is Varg? Why does my thread need more of him?
Another random event via Test, Varg was an obscure hard metal gothy rocker who supposedly killed his own mother. Your thread needs more Varg, as does this FAQ. Everyone needs more Varg, you cant have enough!

Last edited by Traxx; 06-17-2003 at 01:25 AM..

Traxx

What is why yuo throw chip?
A story from SA Forums about a kid who "accidentally" threw a piece of chicken at a Chinese man's wife. By accidentally, I mean deliberately. The Chinese man, obviously angered, shouted all manner of Chingrish insults at this kid, and attempted to assualt him.

What is a "spin-off thread?"
A thread mocking another thread's serious tones. Say I make a thread about "damn these guys beat up my friend cause he threw snowballs at their trucks." A spinoff thread would have the same story, but from the opposite perspective: "We totally fucked up this retard who threw snowballs at our trucks." Generally frowned upon, but has the poential for comedy greatness.

What is a "ninja edit?"
When a mistake is made and a post is submitted prematurely, the act of editing out the mistake or fallacy is refrenced as a "ninja edit," due to the speed and skill required to edit out the invalid info before anyone sees the change. You have to be quick to edit your posts to make them right, you have to be even quicker to catch the ninja in the act.

Why do people sign their posts? Who are "-Brad -Kenneth -Amadon -NuclearFusion -Regards, Stolenberg?"
Some people see the need to sign their posts, even though their name is splattered all over the area where their post is. Signing your own post as someone else mocks them and their ways.

What is a "10K user?"
Someone whos userid is greater than 10,000. This number corresponds to when you registered, ie, people with lower IDs have been here longer than those with higher IDs. Generally, users in the high number brackets (>7000) have no understanding of the inside jokes and drama that goes on, and have no concept of how things operate and transpire. But they figure it out, one way or another. Remember... you are not your userid, just like you are not your post count, PC specs....

What is the "night krew?"
Those who stay up all night spamming the forums. NIGHT KREW BITCH WHAT WHAT

What is "the wrestler?"
A supposed wrestler who lifted just a bit too much. The ensuing strain on his lower region caused his bowels and intestines to explode, which essentially made him, quite literally, poop out his insides.

Classic Forum Drama
-----------------------------------

What happened between LilMsCanBeRite and TheFleshRocket?
LilMs and TFR (more TFR than anyone else) decided to break up publically within the Bone Closet in the Forums infancy. Unheard of amounts of drama transpiried- the bickering and childish actions of two people emotionally raw saw some heated insults and wealths of secret feelings revealed. All of this "serious business" between threads of "OMG I touched a girl today" and "WTFLOL post your penis size." Classic stuff. LilMs naturally did not want it to continue (it had been going for multiple pages) and requested a lock from sanjay. This did not happen, sanjay wanted the fun to continue. Eventually, they made up and so and so forth.

What was the "Bra Thread?"
Once again, LilMs was the catalyst of another logic-defying multi-page thread. She originally posted a thread in the Bone Closet prior to the events, proclaiming her penchant for seeing "boys in bras" Much to the chagrin of the forum (and the baffling delight of many), the thread was not successful in anyway, though one user by the name of norelidd posted himself in a womens bra. The funny was not found nor realized. She posted a spin-off thread in GM requesting pics of male members in a ladys brazier. She claimed that for every seven male pictures, one female would post a single shirtless picture. The initial drama went on for multiple pages, until the gentleman who had previously posted his picture in the Bone Closet thread re-posted them in the new one. LilMs denied his entry, claiming they had been used before and was against the "rules." Multi-page drama ensued, until our savior norelidd posted SEVEN pictures of himself in SEVEN different bras he had acquired from his sister and mothers lingerie drawer. A hero to some, this brave man turned the tide against the bickering between the forum and LilMs. As if such a thread didnt already reach maximum drama thresholds, LilMs dropped the bomb- her current boyfriend wouldnt allow a pic of her in her bra to be posted. The Drama dirty bomb had cleared takeoff and was proceeding with the mission. More pages of bickering and insults, as she had found a convenient way to escape doing something she never intended to do. Eventually, she did cough up a single pic- of her in a tank top.

Fucking incredible.

What happened between the girls of the Bone Closet?
Some random Bone Closet jerk off decided it would be a good idea to make a popularity contest between the girls of the forum. As if the fragility of the relationship between us forum nerds and somewhat attractive, somewhat interesting girls wasnt already on thin ice What ended up being a slanderous, bickering, angsty, bitchy, emotionally scarring popularity contest between our girls resulted in the majority of them never posting again, and thegooseguru stepping down as Moderator of the Bone Closet. Most of our ladies can handle being flamed by the male population, but something about being taken a few pegs down by ANOTHER forum chica hits home. Truly, a dark day for GenMay.

What happened between M|22, Flecom, and James Crivellone?
The ORIGINAL Drama! GenMay was deleted and created within a day, and unfortunately many people had the great idea of reviving it. This resulted in three different people owning three separate domains- M|22 with genmay.com, Flecom with genmay.net, and JC with genmay.org. At one point in time, there were separate forums on .com and .net, resulting in much panic and spam. They eventually consolidated and pointed to one forum- the old version of GenMay that was god-awfully slow and horribly un-optimized. As with any organization with multiple leaders, there was always conflict between the three about who owns GenMay and the rights to it. Which domain was the correct one? Who registered it first? Who paid and owns/operates the hardware and software? These questions all had many answers, and each felt they were right. This caused instability in the community- if our administrators were having so many problems keeping the peace between themselves, what would become of the SPAM? Flecom was de-admined from his own fucking forum due to the drama and angst, and disappeared to the Kiddie Corral of the internet- the HardForums. JC eventually gave up his domain as explained at the beginning of this FAQ, and still remains a big wiener. M|22/sanjay now hold the rights and all domains for the good of the forum.

What was the FUCK incident involving Godspeed?
A user by the name of NasyVeal has a post in a thread with the word fuck in it somewhere. Normally this wouldnt be a problem, as this occurs more times to count daily. Godspeed was browsing GenMay at work, and the software monitoring his internet connection was tipped off by the word (one can only wonder why it didnt happen sooner), called in by the boss, and consequently fired. Owned! He didnt really need the job and was going to quit anyway, so everthing more or less worked out.

Who was Regime|Life? Why did he leave?
Who knows, who cares?

Who was *mixysome? Why did he leave?
*mixy, one of the few black people who actually own a computer, and one of the even fewer who are on the internet, was a Mod in GenMay since the beginning. His girlfriend was the pirate-thief porn*princess, whom always got special treatment. One evening, he decided to hit the little red Mod button a bit too hard, deleting and editing one too many threads in one sitting. He even went as far as to edit some peoples posts, which definitely does not rock. Was de-Modded and hasnt posted much since.

What was the Great [H] Pissy Fit?
The HardForums were enjoying a unusual amount of downtime (even for them) in early May. Kyle Bannit in his infinite wisdom (were talking John Bryson-eqsue wisdom here) decided to open up a DONATION FUND of all things for the [H] forum server. Simply laughable, as Kyle takes breaks from kicking puppies and pushing the elderly down flights of stairs to go roll in his pile of money and free hardware. The servers did not need new hardware, they needed someone competent to run them. M|22 fired off an email offering up his knowledge of vB to help, in a completely non-patronizing, non-sarcastic, genuinely helpful way. Kyle responded with nothing but disrespect and asshattery, which we frown upon here at GenMay. Bickering between the two ensued, with much drama. Kyle took it to the next level by posting PERSONAL NAMES AND ADDRESSES of people who had donated less than a dollar (PayPal takes nearly all of that for its fees) on the main page of one of his forums, encouraging users to sign them up for spam, porn, harass them, etc. Another classic move, good show. This resulted in many GenMay users using their HardForums accounts to harass and flame Kyle, which due to the extreme Nazi Moderation, isnt tolerated. Many a user was banned that day, this time due to the best intentions. Kyle eventually deleted the thread and all references to it (1984-style Moderation at its finest), and remains an ignorant dickhead. And a Texan.

Last edited by Traxx; 06-17-2003 at 01:34 AM..

Traxx

Prominent Users
--------------------------
Who is Tracertmister?
The terminally angst-filled, weblogging suicidal high school kid from Utah.
Claim to fame: Posted suicide attempts and letters to the forum. Users are concerned enough to track him down to the county, call authorities and intervene. Turns out to be an elaborate fake, constant ridicule ensues. Though forever depressed, Tracert is a good kid.

Who is click 46?
Former mod of the O/C and Cooling forum at HardForums, and here at GenMay.
Claim to fame: Has an elaborate SCSI setup, and is well-versed in the matters of collocated and dedicated hosting, and forum moderation. His care packages are well-known and widely accepted, as are the series of animated .gifs created by mr_brett. He died and came out of the closet (not in that order) as a result of drama with Forlorn and Spork, but came back to life! Had a dog penis as an avatard. The ultimate forum clich.

Who is Asmodeus?
The Mr. Clean doppelganger who moderates The Pit.
Claim to fame: Flames like a seasoned veteran, putting noobs in their place by a myriad of insults, adjectives and complex descriptions of a violent sort. Unfortunately flaming is all he does, and he irritatingly quotes posts BELOW his reply.

Who is Sanjay?
Bone-daddy and moderator of the Bone Closet. He owns all the domain names relating to GenMay.
Claim to fame: Bought the genmay.net and genmay.org domain names from James Crivellone and FLECOM for $700. $700 of his own money to cut down on the forum drama between the owners and administrators. He is the brown god of your universe, quotes the Koran from memory, and dishes out metaphysical/extra-temporal commonplace advice at will. Is also married to one of the hottest women imaginable. <3

Who is Kruzen?
Spammer.
Claim to fame: Spammed a lot, then got perma-KC'd. Still has one of the highest postcounts, even though he hasn't posted in months.

Who is Iceman713?
Spammer.
Claim to fame: Often has his name edited by M|22. Variations include GoatseMan713 and ManAss713. Top spammer.

Who is Tofu?
Spammer.
Claim to fame: Spammed a whoooole lot, here and at other forums. Got baned too. Runs torrentse.cx and talks smack about us at SA's Forums.

Who is Tacier?
King of the Spam.
Claim to fame: The veritable brick wall of Spam. Beyond all reason and logic, Tacier spammed his little heart out in GenMay and the KC. Then got banned. =D

Who is M|22?
Owner and administrator of GenMay.
Claim to fame: It all started with Mr. 2 on that fateful July morn. He and aoLhaTer keep the peace and police the forums for you AND me. Has a fascination with Toyota MR2s and Nissan Altimas. No one has seen a picture of this man, some speculate to his actual existence. Worked for Enron at the age of 18.

Who is LilMsCanBeRite?
Flat-chested, stupid bitch.
Claim to lame: More or less, I believe I said it best:

Lilms, every thread you have created since the "man-bra" thread is a pitiful attempt to affirm to yourself what you are- and all of them end with the complete opposite of their intent. You are an attention whore, and the only thing worse than you are the people who defend you. Threads like these where you make some outrageous claim and not deliver only attest to the fact.

If your posts were even the slightest insightful, none of the above would apply. Too bad. It's funny how we can have other female members who post decent topics and make no claims about who or what they are. Maybe they understand the risks of being a minority in the Mayhem?

She is a Number 0 Attention Whore who refuses to admit to it. She gets kicks out of causing forum drama, even though shes pushing 30. Also was the other half (better or worse is yet to be decided) of the public breakup with TheFleshRocket.

Who is Lyndzie_Kitten?
Moderator of the Bone Closet with DoNotDisturb.
Claim to fame: High-resolution semi-nude underage photos. Yowza! Gets ragged on because shes a chick in power. For shame, forums.

Who is Jama?
Borderline attention whore/ivy league student.
Claim to fame: Naturally, lots of revealing webcam pictures drew attention from all corners of the forum. Supposedly is actually intelligent (!) and applied for Harvard, Yale, etc though there is a difference between applying and acceptance. Had herpes (then didn't) and got accepted to MIT.

Who is HollyPop?
Attention whore of uncalled for proportions.
Claim to fame: Lots of webcam pictures, pathetic attempts to argue with her lacking English skills. fuk u cpu nerds!!!!1!!!

Who is James Crivellone/Provolone?
Registered genmay.org, runs the Natural Selection game server, admins Rage3d.com, blantant ATI fanboy.
Claim to fame: Put up a big fuss when Sanjay wanted to consolidate the owners. Was offered over $500 for the genmay.org rights, but refused to accept, claiming he used it for the NS server. He eventually gave it up free of charge, the big wiener.

Who is Lantec?
The 10K Desk guy.
Claim to fame: Bought the $10K desk. Remember, thats in Canadian dollars. So that means somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 Monopoly money.

Who is ?
Swedish meatball.
Claim to fame: Got owned by his momma when she found lesbian porn shared on a network drive. He also posted nude shots of kittykat in the AEC for the purpose of evil shenanigans. Albeit firm, perky shenanigans. Got his net access pulled by his hyper-conservative parents, as a result of a prank played by our lovable Gabe and FLOF radio.

Who is aoLhaTer?
The only administrator with a fro, admin and moderator of GenMay.
Claim to fame: Probably one of the few people who can moderate/administrate a forum such as GenMay the way it was mean to be moderated. He and M|22 are the reason why GenMay is so successful, they do not carry a holier-than-thou, powertripping-egomaniac attitude usually found on other forums, and are in a way, our equals. Has a fascination with StrongBad, and an obvious hatred for the popular internet service.

Who is fletch?
A salamander on-the-loose.
Claim to fame: The legendary In-n-Out 20x20 was consumed, then expunged by this mere lad. Has a fetish for. young girls. Drove a boss Mustang.

Who is Vinnie?
Not a member of the Mafia.
Claim to fame: Acerbic, self-righteous, and condescending argumenter. Rarely lets an issue die without reverting to direct insults, to prove his superiority. Likes pre-marital sex more than anything else! Lost his virginity to a railroad spike at a young age, though hasnt been removed yet.

Who is Sam Farber?
The whitest white guy you will ever meet. Would be invisible save for stained wife-beater.
Claim to fame: A blatant, obvious racist, Sam spams as much hate about race as one can comprehend, much like Asmodeus flames. Nary a post goes by without some manner of Reverand-Jesse-James-esque preaching about the black man.

Who is thegooseguru?
Previous moderator of the Bone Closet, sexual aficionado, attractive redhead.
Claim to fame: Taught Dr. Laura, Dan Savage, and that crazy Sex Doctor On Oxygen everything they know about doin it. She is everything a man could want. <3

Who is FLECOM?
Previous owner of genmay.net.
Claim to fame: Accepted $700 from Sanjay for the rights to genmay.net, because of his constant bitching and power struggling with other admins.

Who is Gabe?
Runs FLOF radio, is beyond human understanding.
Claim to fame: In and out of the KC, proclaims love for M|22, aoLhaTer; generally makes little to no sense.

Who is PovRayMan?
A chopgawd.
Claim to fame: Many, many photochops resulted in one of the few titles given out back at the [H] GenMay. Recent pictures involving ducky underwear have raised concerns about his mental well-being. His series of dancing animated .gifs make my heart smile. One of our better members- and I like him better with no nose.

Who is bish?
PHOWNED
Claim to fame: Cell-phone chops and a Star Trek outfit. Moderates GenMay.

Who is joako?
http://upload.joako.com
Claim to fame: Ran the now-defunct image-uploading-haven listed above.

Who is amdmachine?
http://upload.ipaska.com
Claim to fame: 17-year old from Australia who makes buckets of cash daily from his self-started web-hosting company. Is where he is today because of referrals from GenMay and [H], so donations are obviously expected. Paypal tips++!

Who is p lot?
Nope, you mean Piot. These are not the p lots you are looking for.

Who is 56kforlife?
AKA 56GayForLife, perm KCd.
Claim to fame: ture, insecure prick, now out of the closet. In the same vein of Asmodeus and SamFarber, 56Gay cannot make a post without referencing his parents extreme wealth. Because that matters on the internet.

Who is Jeff?
One. Clomp Legged. Clomp Bas-. clomp -tard. Clomp.
Claim to fame: Had a fake leg made of Titanium, but now it's just made of pussy-ass carbon fibre. Weak. Also has a great affection for the the rock group Blink182.

Who is TheTitan?
Spammer from the [H], was admined then banned from [M]
Claim to fame: TheTitan has posted in your thread!

Who is John Bryson?
Coined the phrase improper use of internet technology.
Claim to fame: In a series of emails to M|22 regarding some posts in GenMay, Mr. Bryson, in his infinite wisdom, pulled our favorite tagline out from his ever-expanding genius. Classic.

Who is Al Gore?
He invented the internet. We wouldnt be here without him.

Who is Mark24/Tasvo|Lion?
Another chop-gawd.
Claim to fame: Once produced an inhuman amount of photochops in succession with one picture and several movie posters. Incredible.

Who is Steve?
Runs Hypothermia and is a mod at HardForums.
Claim to fame: The gorilla-man who once wore a bra on a dare, reached the maximum possible post vBulletin will allow (65533), broke his back on a beer-keg (not in that order).

Last edited by Traxx; 06-17-2003 at 01:37 AM..

Traxx

Who is FrgMstr?
Kyle Bennet, owner and administrator of HardOCP and HardForum. Fat, Retarded Geek; Must Suck The Rod!
Claim to fame: Too many to list. Generally, he is hated for deleting GenMay without notice. Also called Kyle Bannit from his nazi-esque moderating methods, and asshatular attitude.

Who is LiquidKernel?
Moderator of GenMay.
Claim to fame: BWM fanatic, typical style-over-substance yuppie, raging Russian pedophile. Needs more Topanga, though.

Who is SebTheDJ?
Firefighter and BMW connoisseur.
Claim to fame: Lied about owning an M3 and being a firefighter and is constantly ridiculed about it. Constantly, in the sense of every thread he makes has 98% M3 and firefighter references. Strange thing is that it doesnt get any less funny.

Does not have red hair, is not a flower, and is not 24.
Claim to fame: In a series of images with an ill-functioning camera, the rare appears only in yellow-tinted, out-of-focus, blurry pictures. Some speculate as to her true existance ala M|22.

Who is [BBB]Ktulu?
NASA egghead.
Claim to fame: Insider pics and info to all the top secret underground classified and skunkworks projects NASA has going on. Took the huge, huge photo of the hangar where the downed Columbia was pieced together. Is quite possibly the only person on GenMay who has a real, interesting job.

Who is CompuKid101?
PIF!
Claim to fame: Started the hundred-page thread on the concept of Paying it Forward by sending 56KforLife a $50 CompactFlash memory card. Is the father of all things PIF.

Who is ?
Moderator of General Mayhem.
Claim to fame: Ehh lets go with spamming. Something like 10K posts of spam. How's that? Phear the chicken!

Who is Test?
Hardcore metalhead <guitar riffs>
Claim to fame: Brought Varg, and the requirement of all threads needing more of it, to Genmay.

Who is Qtip42?
The Rare Male Attention Whore
Claim to fame: Not he himself per say, Qtip is more famous for his hottie underage neighbor, Paige. He is 25 and she is jailbait. Yet he continues to make refrences to her constantly, despite pages and pages of "" and "needs more neighborsechs." She hangs around him all the time and he's just a lonely, girlfriendless geek. Just doesn't get it.

Who is Clinotus?
Folding team 13854
Claim to fame: Organized the Protien Folding GM effort, which you can join by going here: http://www.portalias.com/fold/.

Who is Who is ?
Needs more... uhhh.. I don't know. I got nothin'.
Claim to fame: Band Tofu for a year by paying $160. No doubt he will have to do it again pretty soon...

Who is PeaceKeeper?
It was all just.... mansechs....
Claim to fame: No drama, anger, hate or spam has left the keyboard of this gentle creature. He is not famous, but is one of the few people who has consistiently insightful and worthwhile posts. You would do good to be like him.

Who is ?
Truly, this.
Claim to fame: Came up with the phrase "true.dat"

Who is Traxx?
Wrote this lovely document you have just read.
Claim to fame: Keekles

On a final note:

Everything I learned, I learned from GenMay-

All your base truly does belong to us.
Everything is the Black mans and Jews fault. And its all a conspiracy from Israel and Reverend Jesse Jackson.
You can suck cock and not be a slut. Then you are, then you arent. Then youre bisexual. Shell like you because of it, but only as a friend.
You can whine and complain, and it really does do nothing. Dot folders have never existed and you imagined them all.
There is no super sekrat forum.

The forums are a game and nothing more. Dont attempt to take GenMay for something it isnt because it isnt all intarweb serious business. :P

Last edited by Traxx; 06-17-2003 at 01:31 AM..

[d][e][v][i][c][e][n][u][l][l]
Kiddie Corral Material

... you are a fag for doing this you know..... is gonna yiff you in the zombie jesus hole
i wont ask if you want fries with that, i will you TELL YOU you want fries with that"

Traxx

And there you go. Take, eat, this is my Mayhem. Sticky!

majestic7even
I kissed a 11k's ass for this title.

ok

RAVe ParTy!
Majestic7even of TeamKander77
'
'
Lt. Hikaru Sulu of the USS Excelsior Crew.
6d38e30d8f8bf06a92b49d83b8e378fcba05230d

Traxx

Quote:
Originally posted by devicenull
... you are a fag for doing this you know..... is gonna yiff you in the zombie jesus hole
Varg has nothing on me.

pro-mpd

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.

Isn't it more fun to flame the n00bs into never coming back when they ask stupid questions?

4/7/2009 mathlete became Dr. mathlete

Mighty Clinotus

Wow dude, good job.
GenMay [M]asses - Folding Team #13854
--MCCCXXXVII

The F-22 (as well as the rest of our military) will strike terror in the hearts of those....terrorists. Wait..... - SamFarber

remjay

++

7ba728694cc4a4bc1239f2f4c8d67545

Traxx

Quote:
Originally posted by mathlete
Isn't it more fun to flame the n00bs into never coming back when they ask stupid questions?
Yes But haven't you once pondered the meaning behind any of the stupid things we do around here? Their origins and how they came to be? I did.

Closed Thread