General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

AlphaWolf260

Sleeper Killed on Rallos Zek

Well if you play EQ then you proably know what this is about. Toay Nov 17th over 180 people from more than 3 guilds got together and killed the Kyrafrym the sleeper on Ralloz Zek ! Here is a screenshot http://eqcleric.gameglow.com/forums/...?postid=194882 and check the eqlive msg boards for more info. I wonder what is going to happen storywise on that server ? Also Im wondering why the GM's havent said anything yet ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Magus
Fagus

Who is Kyrafrym

Why was he so hard to kill since he wasnt killed before this

And why does this mean anything to me?

edit: and bad link

edit2: link works now - will check it out now.

Who's Baconed Me So Far: M|22 (2) - Sanjay (3) - Dan (1) - Digital Mocking (2) - Click46 (2) - mike27 (1) - Stapler (1) - Vendetta (1) - IMNobody (1) - Ries (1) - Munky73770 (1) - Stiller (1) - IronHelix (1 - From IRC)

Last edited by Magus; 11-17-2003 at 10:45 PM..

Magus
Fagus

so what is it, a dragon?

Who's Baconed Me So Far: M|22 (2) - Sanjay (3) - Dan (1) - Digital Mocking (2) - Click46 (2) - mike27 (1) - Stapler (1) - Vendetta (1) - IMNobody (1) - Ries (1) - Munky73770 (1) - Stiller (1) - IronHelix (1 - From IRC)

mikeohara

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaWolf260
Well if you play EQ then you proably know what this is about. Toay Nov 17th over 180 people from more than 3 guilds got together and killed the Kyrafrym the sleeper on Ralloz Zek ! Here is a screenshot http://eqcleric.gameglow.com/forums/...?postid=194882 and check the eqlive msg boards for more info. I wonder what is going to happen storywise on that server ? Also Im wondering why the GM's havent said anything yet ?
if I recall correctly, killing the sleeper on any server stops any creature on that server from dropping Velium weapons ... one guild on the EQ server I was on back in the day (Drinal) did it just to screw everyone over.

K9999

Killing the 4 warders dropped stopped the primal weapons from dropping. You couldn't kill the sleeper back then (noone really tried). Sleeper is a one time "dynamic" event which the players wanted and bitched when it did happen. Sleeper was the last unbeatable mob now. EQ2 story was that Sleeper destroyed old norrath. The guy who got the killshot on the sleeper is practically a legend now. maybe.

Magus
Fagus

Quote:
Originally posted by K9999
The guy who got the killshot on the sleeper is practically a legend now. maybe.
haha

Just like Rainz with Lord British

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories9/beta.htm

Classic Story.

AlphaWolf260

Yeah for the last 3 years scince Vellious has been out noone has killed the sleeper or even gotten close. He was thought to be unkillable and once he was awoken if you failled to kill him he would fly around the world, kill off some various enimes of his then vanish forever. Only two or three severs out of about 20 have not awoken the sleeper till Rallos Zek tried this weekend. When they got him close to dead the gm's despawned him said he was dead and pushed some bs on the eqlive site. The people on Ralloz tried again and it took 190 people about 4 hours to kill him. And yes supposedly he is the one who destroyed norrath in EQ2, so eveyone is wonding how Verant is going to handle this.

K9999

It's obvious. All servers EXCEPT rallos zek will have the world destroyed. RZ will just be normal EQ with update graphics

AlphaWolf260

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeohara
if I recall correctly, killing the sleeper on any server stops any creature on that server from dropping Velium weapons ... one guild on the EQ server I was on back in the day (Drinal) did it just to screw everyone over.
If you awoke the sleeper and he got away then the warders would not repop and thus no Ancient Primal Vellium will drop. No server has killed the sleeper till today though. One guild found an exploit and almost killed him but the GM's depoped the Sleeper then disbanded the guilled and then canceled evey playes account that was there.

AlphaWolf260

Quote:
Originally posted by K9999
It's obvious. All servers EXCEPT rallos zek will have the world destroyed. RZ will just be normal EQ with update graphics
Haha yeah. See the kyrafrym therory has to be true caus in the EQ2 video Nagafen is out in the courtyard of that castle in Nek Forest. When the sleeper kills everyone in ST then flys off Nagy and Vox shout something like "we will be free !" or something like that, so now im guessing scince RZ killed him there wont be a RZ server in EQ2 scince those events wont happen.

maeson

everything ive read about it says he was despawned by a Gm at 26%

AlphaWolf260

That was what happend this weekend, they just killed hime like 3 hours ago. Its confirmed at numerous places with screenshots. Just Verant hasnt made an offical annoucment yet. Im guessing they never thought this would happen and dont have anything planned, thats why the despawned it the first time this weekend.

K9999

http://fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9604

link to original attempt and 2nd sucessful attempt

AlphaWolf260

Here is the Defensive damage parse for Kerafyrm - about 3 Million hp

http://www.seanet.com/users/shotokan...tokerafyrm.htm

edit: Doh first was offensive damage...

Last edited by AlphaWolf260; 11-17-2003 at 11:26 PM..

AngryBlueSmurf

It would seem he was also killed on a Chinese server that is still on Velious.