General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush View Post

Lesson learned here? Ninja owners, and their associates are complete idiots.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Alright guys, please be honest with me: Am I a totally queerbat treehugger for wanting one of these?

Honda PCX125, watercooled 1-cylinder 4-stroke, fuel injection, CVT, top speed about 60mph. Realistic fuel economy: 95 US MPG, or 2.5L/100km.

The idea of course is to save on fuel and just blast around town, however I'm not convinced yet on the economics of it if I still want a big bike for fun and blasting on the autobahn. Keep in mind that we pay out of our collective asses here in Europe for every liter of gas.

Last edited by Fiah; 04-18-2011 at 05:14 AM..

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Why not step up a little and get a 250cc? I think the new Suzuki 250s are capable of 80-85 US MPG. A top speed of 60 would bother me, but I guess you guys have much lower speed limits in cities than we do.

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
Why not step up a little and get a 250cc? I think the new Suzuki 250s are capable of 80-85 US MPG. A top speed of 60 would bother me, but I guess you guys have much lower speed limits in cities than we do.

Because the difference between a RL ~60 US MPG that you can get with several motorcycles and 80 US MPG is just not enough for me to consider getting a scooter, especially with the 250's (like the 125's) still being too slow for anything but the rightmost lane of the highway. City speed limits are usually 30 MPH (~45 MPH for ring roads), outside of that only the highways have a higher limit than 60MPH.

My reasoning is that a 125cc with CVT should be comfortably fast for anything except the highway, while getting pretty awesome fuel economy.

Daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiah View Post
Because the difference between a RL ~60 US MPG that you can get with several motorcycles and 80 US MPG is just not enough for me to consider getting a scooter, especially with the 250's (like the 125's) still being too slow for anything but the rightmost lane of the highway. City speed limits are usually 30 MPH (~45 MPH for ring roads), outside of that only the highways have a higher limit than 60MPH.

My reasoning is that a 125cc with CVT should be comfortably fast for anything except the highway, while getting pretty awesome fuel economy.

Understandable.

How much is that scooter, and how much is fuel where you're at? You know, breakdowns of how much it'd take to recoup your costs compared to just using what you have now.

Fiah

the PCX is about €2600, fuel is €1.65/l. I'd expect about twice the economy with the PCX compared to my '85 Honda XBR, so if I'd burn €2600 of fuel with the PCX it would have paid for itself wholly as doing the same distance would otherwise have cost €5200. With current fuel prices, that'd be about (2600 / 1.65) * 40 = 63.000km. However the PCX would still be worth something after that and the maintenance should be cheaper per km driven.

To be honest, I'd rather just forget about money and ride a proper bike as long as gas is still available and not prohibitively expensive. But to do that I'd have to try and forget how much I'm really paying for the privilege.

edit: for a nice bit of perspective: I've ridden my XBR for about 13.500km now in 2 years, during which I've paid about €950 in gas. That's more than I bought the fricking thing for..

Daishi

$9 per gallon huh? You euros need to tell your governments to quit taxing you to death on everything, then spending it all on beauracracy.

I figure whatever money I save on my bike versus my car will be evened out by the need to purchase tires much more frequently.

Daishi

double post edit : yay genmay randomly lagging like a motherfucker.

Last edited by Daishi; 04-18-2011 at 10:26 AM..

Fiah

Yeah $9 a gallon. The crazy thing is that even with these prices, you still spend less on gas to drive across the country (just 200km ) than you'd spend on a train ticket

Pigs
this broccolis is sufficient

wanted to update you guys and let you know my friend got lucky with only a $280 fine for the 97 in a 55.

Rancidpunk666

that's actually really not that bad

i got pulled over in a 135i doing about 140,

he ended up writing me a ticket for unsafe lane change, bastard cost me 700 dollars including the 300 dollar buyout fee to keep the charges from the dmv ever finding out..
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

oki_boy

Friggin hot out here....at least the bikes running and looking quite well....Summer gear is already ordered and on the way.

Squeeky
My love muffin <3 Pinkys Avenger

Are those boots or tennis shoes? Can't tell.