General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Evil_Spork
Energizer Flood Bunny

This is a full mod for Diablo 2, Lord of Destruction. it is designed for LoD 1.10 ONLY.
(1.11 is NOT supported! DO NOT PATCH VIA BNET)

Chaos Empire comes from Chaos Core Community, which was created by the maker of this mod: ChaosEnergy.

he is based in germany but does speak english and german. there is support in both languages, but it is harder for the english speakers as we are the minority in the community. once you get used to it, its not a big deal and you will start learning german names for things and learn some german! win-win situation.

first things first, links to resources for info:

Chaos Empire main site - sadly alot of the information is old so is not accurate but as a whole will give you an idea.(for instance he says there are 50 new uniques... well theres well over 1000, you get the idea.)

Chaos Empire portal. theres not much here besides the link on the right hand side to the forums(you can just click the link below instead)

The Chaos Empire forums a vital part of the support structure and community

FAQs:

why should i play?
well, CE is more fun than bnet and is a fully developed mod including its own realm. there is ZERO cheating of ANY kind. there is a simple little 18kb file that stops any third party programs. yeah blizzard could do this really easily. funny huh?
the game is much much more challenging. During the last ladder season I had a somewhat overpowered character build(a trap/psychic assassin) at lvl 92 and I wasnít having an easy time in hell. However getting to level 92 isnt the daunting task it is on bnet. Team play is encouraged, most items are not impossible to get or horded like bnet, pretty much any runeword is easily attainable due to runes being more available.

How hard is it to get working?
Well, if you follow my instructions, not hard at all. In fact its very easy. Scroll down for install instructions.

Whats new in the mod?
There are lots of new areas, item types, items, monsters, map and town layouts, uniques and sets. When I say new uniques and sets I donít mean 2 or 3 sets and a handful of uniques. There are well over 1000 new items and more than 50 new sets!
You will see several new monsters and a handful of monsters you may recognize from Diablo 1. there is even a new skill added for each class to encourage different builds.

Got any screenshots of some new stuff?
yeah, right here
these are some screenshots from my assasin from the last ladder season and last patch.

(pm me or post more questions and ill add them.)

Installation walk-through (AKA, 12-step program)

1) install Diablo 2. a fresh install is recommended but not needed. If you have any third party programs, such as loader or maphack, get rid of them or move them to a new dir. These will block you from playing.
2) install LoD
3) install LoD patch 1.10. download it here. DO NOT PATCH VIA BNET, if you do you must start over at step 1.
4) goto the CE forums, and register an account. dont skip this step thinking its useless. be sure to avoid offensive language in your name. ***register your forum account with the name you want for your D2 account!!!***
5) visit the downloads section and then to the ChaosEmpire_MOD section and pick up the following files:
755.exe
- this is the latest mod install file. version 7.55.
763upd.zip - this is the latest patch/update. version 7.63.
rw_uniques.zip - recommended. this is an HTML website style list of all the unique and set items in the game.
6) now that you have d2 installed and patched to 1.10, and the mod files downloaded. go ahead and install 755.exe. this will install the mod into your D2 directory. choose to "custom" install. select all the options possible. if you dont select the "old"style hp/mp orbs you might be unpleasantly surprised. the new ones are hard to use.
7) once the mod is installed, go to your start menu and navigate to Chaos Empire. click the "Chaos Empire Activator". this will enable the mod.(it swaps some files in the d2 dir silently)
8) unzip the patch 763upd.zip, and copy all the files over into your D2 dir containing your ACTIVATED CE mod, click yes to replace all files. (if you skip step 7 you will have to start over from step 1 and reinstall D2)
9) once you have the patch in, youre done with the installation portion. but you arent ready to play yet. remember how you registered for the CE forums to gain access to the download section. well now we need to use the forums again. move to step 10.
10) click into the Inhabitant / Einwohner forum. once youre here you need to create a new thread. follow these rules in making this thread as it is vital.
11) once you have made your post, fire up D2(either the english or regular shortcut in the start menu will work, i made the english shortcut open in window mode and the other full screen) make sure your realm is "chaos core community." go on and be sure to set your realm at the character select screen as CE EUROPE. asia doesnt work for the most part and everyone else is on europe anyway. again create your account with the same name as your forum account. be sure to avoid offensive language in your name.
12) create the character of your choice and start playing! be sure to check out the skills because almost all synergies have changed. i suggest you look around here and add the genmay people to your F List. we should all be friendly and helpful and help you get started and explain the finer details of the game. ill be collecting accounts to make a list in this post.

All CE players: Please post your account name on CE so i can make a master list in this post to help new players.

Genmayers account list:
Evil_Spork - *evilspork
Gibb - *gibb
ArpaWocky - *arpawocky
K1114 - *k1114
Immune - *nukedood
tjdurden - *rayovak
boblittle - *newport340
chriachrias - *chriachrias
Zyzzyvas - *zyzzyvas
MooMooTree - *moomootree
bap - *kamakazi17
kenshin551 - *choy551
||SS|| - *bendiesel

Last edited by Evil_Spork; 10-18-2005 at 10:34 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibb

CE is the shit, especially with the new ladder season.

.akai
Veteran of the Games Forum Mod Wars

These mods have to be played on open bnet, right?

ArpaWocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by .akai
These mods have to be played on open bnet, right?
neg their own realm.

ArpaWocky

I have a 92 nova/fnova/tstorm sorc in act 4 hell right now, and its unsoloable. I have best gear besides ubers, and an act 2 salvation merc with a 2600 max dmg great poleaxe weapon. I started a barb yesterday, building him up to use that poleaxe. Dont know how well I'll do w/out block, but with the block % nerf in the latest ladder season he should fare well with 10k+ life, hellacious ww dmg, and enough ias for the last ww speed breakpoint.

.akai
Veteran of the Games Forum Mod Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpaWocky
neg their own realm.

nice. did'nt know that

Sage2k
I <3 DM

wait you can mod diablo 2? =O

Gibb

My new ladder Sorc is up to 25ish now, my old one was 48, only found the mod like 3 weeks ago now, just really well done, their servers hold up really well too, for the most part

Evil_Spork
Energizer Flood Bunny

jeez... lots of posts before i could get this out lol

ok everyone.. read the post. and give me suggestions for stuff to change/add.

Last edited by Evil_Spork; 08-15-2005 at 01:58 PM..

Gibb

Toss me on the list, Acct name: Gibb

Maybe stress that you CANNOT patch your game through normal Bnet, it will upgrade you to 1.11 and youll have to reinstall and repatch from elsewhere!

Evil_Spork
Energizer Flood Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibb
Toss me on the list, Acct name: Gibb

Maybe stress that you CANNOT patch your game through normal Bnet, it will upgrade you to 1.11 and youll have to reinstall and repatch from elsewhere!
noted... i did it myself. ill make it bigger

edit: responce to post below(keeping spam down)

ill do that too.. one sec.

Last edited by Evil_Spork; 08-15-2005 at 02:06 PM..

Gibb

Ya i saw it at the top, i was thinking more in the step by step parts, i can just see some yahoo goin and just patchin b/c he wanted to just read the cliffs.

Also, I dont know why, but I hit an exp wall at 25, any ideas best spots to go?

Evil_Spork
Energizer Flood Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibb
Ya i saw it at the top, i was thinking more in the step by step parts, i can just see some yahoo goin and just patchin b/c he wanted to just read the cliffs.

Also, I dont know why, but I hit an exp wall at 25, any ideas best spots to go?
im almost your level. gimme an hour or 2 and ill be home to play. i bet youre in act2 right?

you need to keep monsters close to your level. at 25, youll need to run around act4 in a party to get exp. soon act5 and then cows from 35-38 till 45-50(my numbers may be slightly off ill have to check on it when i have access to my comp. im in the comp lab at school ATM. i wrote the first post in here too lol )

Gibb

Ok cool, i should be on tonite, I dont remember having the same issue with my first char, but i think i got rushed through act 3 and 4, so i could just xp in 4 and 5 np. I just really hate act3 lol

k1114
sanjay's love child

acct k1114
non ladder ama KayX
ladder sorc KayS