General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

explosivo
you will be sick of this title in a week <3 IMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit-Can Charlie
you said that the relationship would actually be beneficial to the girl because she'd have more christian influence in her life...and that she'd be one the correct "track" then

the reason you're a fucking moron, is for believing christianity is the "right track" and for thinking that just because she's exposded to christian dogma she'll somehow change her mind

you're a fucking genius, i'm sure even with the advent of television, print media, and real fucking life she's never been exposed to christian teaching at all, nope, never

Ok son, now let me tell you why you're the moron. The only way anyone changes there mind about Christain beliefs (or anything else for that matter) is by being exposed to them. See, when you are born you have zero beliefs or wisdom of any kind. You are nothing but a completely selfish, eating, shitting machine. As you grow older you hopefully gain more and more wisdom through learning from your mistakes and applying your knowledge and experience to discern what is truth. It's extremly common for teens to think they know everything and have the world all figured out. And then when they grow up they realize how foolish they used to be. Odds are the only reason why this girl believes in reincarnation is because it "sounds" right. She doesn't know or can't imagine anything else. The OP is a Christain and so am I...and I'm giving him advice. I'm twice his age so I probably know a little more about life than he does.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

tmoney1876

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivo
Ok son, now let me tell you why you're the moron. The only way anyone changes there mind about Christain beliefs (or anything else for that matter) is by being exposed to them. See, when you are born you have zero beliefs or wisdom of any kind. You are nothing but a completely selfish, eating, shitting machine. As you grow older you hopefully gain more and more wisdom through learning from your mistakes and applying your knowledge and experience to discern what is truth. It's extremly common for teens to think they know everything and have the world all figured out. And then when they grow up they realize how foolish they used to be. Odds are the only reason why this girl believes in reincarnation is because it "sounds" right. She doesn't know or can't imagine anything else. The OP is a Christain and so am I...and I'm giving him advice. I'm twice his age so I probably know a little more about life than he does.

The really sad thing is that you are twice his age and you still think that religious beliefs boil down to right and wrong.

As in:
What you believe is "right" and everything else is wrong.

Do you dislike the muslim extremist terrorists? Well it is an extension of that kind of thinking that allows them to justify what they do.

explosivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876
The really sad thing is that you are twice his age and you still think that religious beliefs boil down to right and wrong.

As in:
What you believe is "right" and everything else is wrong.

Do you dislike the muslim extremist terrorists? Well it is an extension of that kind of thinking that allows them to justify what they do.

false, i never said that
what i know is right is right
what i dont know could be right or wrong

If someone said "hey guys im fat, what do i do?" I would tell that person about diet and exercise. I know this is the answer. It's no different than this or anything else I know to be true. It's because I am giving what you perceive to be "Christain advice" and you apparently are a Non-Christain. That's why it's a problem for you. But actually that's completely natural and to be expected.

RobCrezz

Quote:
Odds are the only reason why this girl believes in reincarnation is because it "sounds" right. She doesn't know or can't imagine anything else. The OP is a Christain and so am I...and I'm giving him advice. I'm twice his age so I probably know a little more about life than he does.

What a load of shit. No religions have been proven, so for all you know her belief could be more valid than yours.

I dont personnally belive in any religion, however it wouldnt stop me from dating a girl who was, or try and change her beliefs.

explosivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCrezz
What a load of shit. No religions have been proven, so for all you know her belief could be more valid than yours.

I dont personnally belive in any religion, however it wouldnt stop me from dating a girl who was, or try and change her beliefs.

your right, a 15 yr old girl conjured up the secret to the universe

My religion has be proven you just refuse to believe it. You are born with a disposition to be against it, when logically you should be neutral about it. I already explained that. Clearly for a Christain to ask a question that involves their religion, only a fellow Christain can give a valid answer. Sure you can throw in what you think sounds good but it doesnt really matter.

wumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit-Can Charlie
the "right" track?

what are you, a fucking mormon

fixt

johndhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumbo
fixt

and explosivo, IMO you are an asshole and an overzealous christian if you think your way is the "right way" and hers is not. I think anyone who tries to change their spouse's religion is a douchebag

explosivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndhi
and explosivo, IMO you are an asshole and an overzealous christian if you think your way is the "right way" and hers is not. I think anyone who tries to change their spouse's religion is a douchebag

no im not a mormon
we are not talking about opinion here

If the girl was to say that she believes that strawberry is the greatest ice cream flavor ever and I said "nope your wrong, it is a fact that strawberry sucks"..then i would be in the wrong. I also never said that this guy should try to change her beliefs or "religion." Anyone else that feels the need to attack me or make up stories should direct that to my PM box thanks.

johndhi

Quote:
If the girl was to say that she believes that strawberry is the greatest ice cream flavor ever and I said "nope your wrong, it is a fact that strawberry sucks"..then i would be in the wrong. I also never said that this guy should try to change her beliefs or "religion."

no one wants to use these analogous arguments about icecream or whatever, I'm just saying that you come off as a prejudicial prick when you call your religion the "right way." sure you didn't say her religion sucks, but you implied it by saying that she ought change her beliefs. you're turning things like you're being ostracized for your religious beliefs, when the only complaint is your insensitivity to other peoples' beliefs.

Quote:
Anyone else that feels the need to attack me or make up stories should direct that to my PM box thanks.
yea yea yea you're trying to get us banned or something?

explosivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndhi
no one wants to use these analogous arguments about icecream or whatever, I'm just saying that you come off as a prejudicial prick when you call your religion the "right way." sure you didn't say her religion sucks, but you implied it by saying that she ought change her beliefs. you're turning things like you're being ostracized for your religious beliefs, when the only complaint is your insensitivity to other peoples' beliefs.

Im trying to relate it in a way that should make sense to everyone. If you actually read what i wrote then you should be able to understand it. I know how I come off and that is fine, it is to be expected. My main point was that she would be exposed to a contradictionary point of view and may question why she believes what she believes. Forget about what I know to be true or dont know. I also can hardly be insensitive to anyone if I am giving them helpful advice.

tmoney1876

Quote:
your right, a 15 yr old girl conjured up the secret to the universe

My religion has been proven you just refuse to believe it. You are born with a disposition to be against it, when logically you should be neutral about it. I already explained that. Clearly for a Christain to ask a question that involves their religion, only a fellow Christain can give a valid answer. Sure you can throw in what you think sounds good but it doesnt really matter.

CHRISTIANITY HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN ANY MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. If it had, it would no longer exist, because there would be no faith involved. It is perfectly fine to believe whatever you want, but quit pretending like yours is the only way to go.

I was born neutral to all religions. People like YOU turned me against christianity.

He isn't asking if the bible says it is ok for him to have sex before marriage, or if it is ok for him to be gay. He is asking about a relationship issue between two people of different faiths. If anything, people with different beliefs are **more** qualified to give him advice.

Quite honestly, I believe that what originally started this argument wasn't meant to be derogatory... but that is the problem. You think it is perfectly normal to refer to christianity as "the right track," when that is horrendously insensitive.

explosivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876
words
faith doesnt form out of thin air
the sun rises every day, therefore i have faith that it will rise tomorrow

Ok we're gonna do a little exercise. Erase religion from your mind for a sec. Now say I was to ask you if you knew what 54698 ^ 7 was off of the top of your head. I know what the answer is because I have already figured it out. Now for someone who doesnt know the answer to say that is it fact that we can't prove or disprove the answer is false. You are basing your opinion on nothing. I already know the answer. Send any replys to pm please.

Sarah Palin

Quote:

Ok we're gonna do a little exercise. Erase religion from your mind for a sec. Now say I was to ask you if you knew what 54698 ^ 7 was off of the top of your head. I know what the answer is because I have already figured it out. Now for someone who doesnt know the answer to say that is it fact that we can't prove or disprove the answer is false. You are basing your opinion on nothing. I already know the answer. Send any replys to pm please.
THIS IS NOT BONE CLOSET MATERIAL

tmoney1876

Quote:

Faith doesn't have to form out of thin air, but by definition you have to extrapolate what you know, into what you believe. If you knew that the things that you believe were absolutely correct... then you would have no faith.

You may know the answer to that problem because you have memorized the answer before hand, but anyone can do that calculation, and the answer can't be disputed. For you to compare your beliefs to a math problem is truly tragic and shows a paucity of understanding of even your own religion.

Faith and religion are entirely different from math problems. You have *your* beliefs figured out. Nothing that you believe can be proven on this earth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but face the facts.

If you really believe that at your age, you have everything figured out, and you know everything there is to know about your faith (let alone all the absolute truths of the world) then you have failed. If you know what all of the answers are now, then they can never change and I truly feel sorry for you.

Rancidpunk666

stupid me, stupid ex-girlfriend, stupid 17 year old girls, stupid ho's and bitchs at the club

im 20, went to see a friend that was a fresh when i was sr. she had a hot friend over, was 17. i made out with said hot friend, didn't do anything for me becuase i couldn't stop thinking about ex-g/f.

go to club, make out wtih bitches and ho's, ex-g/f encoureges it cuz she is there.

go to dennys at 3:20am with ex-g/f. make out with ex-g/f in parking lot for an hour.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME

.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings