General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
IE won't load Pandora's Flash player

How do I make it? Vista 32 Ult.

Flash is installed, but regardless of pop up blocker or security settings it won't ever load it. If I sign out and sign in from some other part of the page and fiddle with it, eventually it will load the player but if I close the browser I have to start all over again.

This wasn't the case when I first installed vista btw, had to redo it after a mobo and now some funny shit is happening.

Also my 'windows experience index' is stuck and won't refresh itself. I had actualy numbers (5.9, etc) before, and now it sits on 1 and doesn't matter how many times I run the test.

Help?
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ATPSynthase
 
Get Firefox?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM ATPSynthase is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
I don't like FF as much as the new IE for basic browsing, and this hasn't happened before
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:53 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

slappy mcgee
 
slappy mcgee's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATPSynthase View Post
Get XP?

fixt
Old 01-19-2008, 05:45 AM slappy mcgee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy mcgee View Post
fixt

No thanks, vista is better
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:24 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Actually it seems to have fixed itself
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:40 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

lopoetve
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
No thanks, vista is better



If I may ask, what do you like that vista has and XP does not?
__________________
"You always gotta question the culinary excellence of food items which propel themselves out of cans"-LilMsCanBeRite
[M]otorcycle krew - 2011 Triumph Street Triple R. (Bwah?!?)
2001 Firebird Formula - Mullet Mobile the Second!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:13 PM lopoetve is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post


If I may ask, what do you like that vista has and XP does not?

It has a good feel, I like the aero gui extensions, and I dare say all the precaching even works as advertised. When I click stuff, half the time it opens instantly as oppsed to XP where there was always a slight delay. I like DX10 and the new explorer that comes with it stock, etc. I actually havn't found anything NOT to like about it, as it ends up being the same after you turn off UAC and others.

Speaking of, I like having UAC. Not on all the time, but the ability to use it if needed. I like that its there for my parent's computers as well as my clients too.

I should ask what is it about vista that some of you guys DON'T like? As for problems like I say, take out 'vista' from every thread that asks for help and replace with 'XP' - and there you are like a year and a half ago. In other words some people are just bound to have problems given the nature of computers and thousands of hardware/software configurations.
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:24 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

lopoetve
 
1. Networking problems (espeically wired ones)
2. Stability (more BSOD than not, and this is with known good hardware).
3. Poor GUI design for save dialogs, control panel, etc.
4. Driver signing is broken, even when disabled at times
5. UAC (even turned off, certain things that access #4 require "run as admin")
6. super fetch slows everything down till it's done loading - 10 minutes or so with my build
7. Larger memory footprint.
8, Lack of driver support
9. Slower than XP.
__________________
"You always gotta question the culinary excellence of food items which propel themselves out of cans"-LilMsCanBeRite
[M]otorcycle krew - 2011 Triumph Street Triple R. (Bwah?!?)
2001 Firebird Formula - Mullet Mobile the Second!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM lopoetve is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
1. Networking problems (espeically wired ones)
2. Stability (more BSOD than not, and this is with known good hardware).
3. Poor GUI design for save dialogs, control panel, etc.
4. Driver signing is broken, even when disabled at times
5. UAC (even turned off, certain things that access #4 require "run as admin")
6. super fetch slows everything down till it's done loading - 10 minutes or so with my build
7. Larger memory footprint.
8, Lack of driver support
9. Slower than XP.

I see. Driver support only seems relevant with older hardware, superfetch I guess is a function of prefference since it seems to work in my case - which goes hand in hand with the memory footprint. First i though vista was just bloated but after learning about it I'm okay with it using my ram instead of not. I did get one BSOD after a mobo swap, which is excusable i suppose but so far everyone I know IRL that runs vista both 64 and 32 have been okay.

I realize it's not the perfect dream OS (when has windows ever been though amirite?) but it's certainly not a huge crock of shit like some people make it out to be. Mainly I did it to have the newest thing, I'm not saying there is a NEED to upgrade. Hell if I didn't receive my hispanican OEM license I probably wouldn't budge for quite some time.

This is the guy that used 2k up until I broke my favorite disc and almost on accident ended up using XP. We could have the same conversation about XP and 2k IMO. All you get with XP is an animated dog and activation. And some wifi shit for n00bs. The software/hardware companies sort of force you to move forward by only releasing drivers/patches/etc for the latest OS and meybe one back.

Fuck it all, I'm reinstalling 2k
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

ryokurin
 
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157

run the uninstaller and reboot, then try it again. For the performance meter, try reinstalling your video card driver.
__________________
さるもきからおちる
People drain me, even the closest of friends, I find loneliness to be the best state in the union to live in.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:05 PM ryokurin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryokurin View Post
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157

run the uninstaller and reboot, then try it again. For the performance meter, try reinstalling your video card driver.

I knew I come here for a reason Like i said the flash thing works now, but I'll try reinstalling the card drivers. I thought "finally something broke in vista" - does the index thing happen often? Also, besides just being there - is it ever referenced by any new programs for compatibility reasons, etc?
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

MooK
 
MooK's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATPSynthase View Post
Get Firefox?

Really doesn't help the person in the thread. They didn't ask for a new browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Actually it seems to have fixed itself

Glad to see it worked out, anything you changed?
__________________
MooK - <3 Website Architecture.
Synth3t1c owes me $20 via PayPal.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:48 PM MooK is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
Really doesn't help the person in the thread. They didn't ask for a new browser.



Glad to see it worked out, anything you changed?

Just kept reinstalling the flash from their website, did it like 2 times and gave up. Put the system in sleep mode, and went to bed. This morning everything worked, despite no reboot. It's like a fairy tale.
__________________
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!!

Your such a fucking dumbass piece of shit.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

lopoetve
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
I see. Driver support only seems relevant with older hardware, superfetch I guess is a function of prefference since it seems to work in my case - which goes hand in hand with the memory footprint. First i though vista was just bloated but after learning about it I'm okay with it using my ram instead of not. I did get one BSOD after a mobo swap, which is excusable i suppose but so far everyone I know IRL that runs vista both 64 and 32 have been okay.

I realize it's not the perfect dream OS (when has windows ever been though amirite?) but it's certainly not a huge crock of shit like some people make it out to be. Mainly I did it to have the newest thing, I'm not saying there is a NEED to upgrade. Hell if I didn't receive my hispanican OEM license I probably wouldn't budge for quite some time.

This is the guy that used 2k up until I broke my favorite disc and almost on accident ended up using XP. We could have the same conversation about XP and 2k IMO. All you get with XP is an animated dog and activation. And some wifi shit for n00bs. The software/hardware companies sort of force you to move forward by only releasing drivers/patches/etc for the latest OS and meybe one back.

Fuck it all, I'm reinstalling 2k

I've had issues with even new hardware (several of nvidia's drivers totally borked Media center)

I'd use 2k, but it had issues with a few games, especially in the lan parties, and I can't find my disk

I don't have a problem with vista using the ram: It DOES have a bigger actual memory foot print, not counting superfetch though, and that is irritating. Of the 3 of us around here regularly using vista, 2 have had problems, and one can't even get it to install right now again (blew a drive, trying to reinstall, and it's failing to load)

At least XP and 2k had things in logical places. Vista's control panel is OMGWTFSUCK.
__________________
"You always gotta question the culinary excellence of food items which propel themselves out of cans"-LilMsCanBeRite
[M]otorcycle krew - 2011 Triumph Street Triple R. (Bwah?!?)
2001 Firebird Formula - Mullet Mobile the Second!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:00 PM lopoetve is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.