General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

spanxxx
RMTC is the only man that can handle my tits!

my head is sooo congested - how do i fix this??

the whole right side of my face is clogged, my ears and ugh!! the only this that's keeping me sane is the ability of being able to breathe out of my left nostril.

I went through an entire box of kleenex today at work (i would have called in sick, but that forfits my stat pay) i'm hopped up on dayquil, nasonex-ing the shit out of myself, i've had hot showers and neocitron - the works, but no success.

any suggestions?? for a little bit i was fine if i was laying down but propped up a little, but this is no more.. make me unsick please.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Aleksandra
IMN's nutsack doesn't smell like underage girl vagina!

OMG same here!!!

i even left work early yesterday at around 1pm to come home and sit in misery... on my 2nd box of kleenex.

Finally got some Wal-fed from Walgreens - their brand of Sudafed. That really helped the pressure and i am able to use both of my nostrils now and my left side of the face doesnt feel like exploding now.

Ear pressure is still eh, gets worse if i get up too fast ...

My advice get some Sudafed crap... thats the only thing that helped me (i was trying the same stuff you did for coupel days and things just kept getting worse)

edit: Sudafed - Sinus Headache - peach colored pills. Life savers.

Last edited by Aleksandra; 03-22-2008 at 08:22 PM..

spanxxx
RMTC is the only man that can handle my tits!

everything is closed because of the holiday... ahhhh even the 24/7 drugstore across the street closed at 10 tonight. as soon as i got home tonight i went to bed.

my poor little nose is redder than ever i haven't even eaten a thing today, i can't taste anything and really have no appetite

Aleksandra

sorry, wish i could give you some of mine.

force yourself to drink water, i have like a 12 pack of water bottles, been trying to chug on a bottle all day today and had an orange.

MisterKinish
ChopGawd

Okay, I know what I'm about to suggest sounds gross, but it can actually clear your nasal passageways when they're very congested. Take a Q-Tip, run it under the faucet to wt the tip, shove it as high up into your nasal passage as you can, press your finger on the other side of your nose to close the open nostril, hold your head over the sink, close your mouth, and blow as hard as you can. The Q-Tip breaks the surface tension of the snot and it will come shooting out freely. Repeat the above steps for the other side of your nose as well.

The other thing I suggest is buying a small electric heating pad and placing it over your eyes and forehead. This will also loosen the congestion. After warming these areas of your head you will actually feel the snot flowing down from your sinuses to the back of your throat.

Taking Thera-Flu can also make you feel better.

Aleksandra

Actually another home remedy I would recommend is boil a pot of water, when it starts bubbling add few tablespoons of rock salt and breath over it, the steam will help open up your sinuses.

As pra3t0r said, heating pad will help too. If you dont have one, i take a wash cloth, get it wet, stick it in a zip lock bag, microwave it for like 30-45 seconds (dont seal ziplock while microwaving) and you got yourself a hot pad. Wrap the zip lock bag in a towel and apply where pain is.

PrettyInPink

Dayquil uses Phenylephrine as its decongestant. Sudafed and Drixoral use Pseudoephedrine which is usually sold behind the counter now due to the ability to make meth or something out of it. Anyway, I've found Pseudoephedrine works better than anything else so go to the pharmacy counter or the register and they have some of these behind the counter. They'll ask for ID and you have to sign for them but its worth it.

jaedon83

Do not use a Qtip. Use Saline. Passive water pressure works wonders.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=7108546

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation