General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

teh scud

"Visual Snow" and Candida cleansing

a few days ago i noticed a weird vision problem. today i was able to find a site that details it almost exactly like i observe. they call it "visual snow" (named after TV static). you can see an example here:

http://upload.dfyb.net/uploaded/VS.jpg

i experience all of those, although floaters aren't common (but have occured in the past). the white dots are only noticable if i focus my eyes on them (similar to looking at floaters). the visual snow isn't as harsh as it is in that image and is more noticable in low light conditions. it doesn't really effect my ability to read or see -- it's just something i notice.

so today i've been researching on http://www.visualsnow.com/ and the forums they have. one possible cause seems like it could potentially be something i'm dealing with, and that's a candida overgrowth. i did the salive test and i seem to have it. it would also explain why i sometimes feel spaced out and tired. so i'm going to try changing my diet based on this guide. i may also try ThreeLac, but haven't really decided yet.

i'm curious if any of you have ever experienced things like this. or if any of you have ever attempted candida cleansing. i've never really tried anything like this before.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

cpt Jean Luc Pickard

I have plenty of floaters to the extent that it's hard to read in low light conditions.

RedSox4Eva

if it really bothers you go to a doctor. don't waste your time with "candida cleansing".

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox4Eva View Post
if it really bothers you go to a doctor. don't waste your time with "candida cleansing".

i'm going to schedule an appointment with an ophthalmologist tomorrow.

tehwoop

the Lifeforce plan focuses on candida detox

Kotetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt Jean Luc Pickard View Post
I have plenty of floaters to the extent that it's hard to read in low light conditions.

Are you stating this as in "no big deal" or just commiserating with the OP?
Really it's not a good thing and shouldn't be dismissed by the OP or you for that matter.

teh scud

i don't normally have floaters. i know what those are. this isn't floaters.

went to ophthalmologist today. he said my eyes were perfectly healthy. still register as 20/20 vision too. TV static-like "visual snow" is still here. the forum associated with the link in the OP has pretty detailed surveys and what not. there are no reports of visual snow leading to blindness. they recommend seeing a neurologist. the dominant theory is that the visual snow is the result of a persistant migraine aura without infarction - basically, a migraine that has visual side-effects but no pain (i've never been someone who gets headaches, and still don't). so next on my list is to see a neurologist.

this condition doesn't really stop me from doing anything. it's just something i notice and can sometimes be annoying. the condition seems to have other symptoms that correlate with it, which i do experience to some degree - so i'm looking for something that will help fix it, but it's not of grave concern to me. sometimes people report that something as simple as going to a chiropractor and getting their neck straightened has fixed it (another thing i plan on trying).

edit: i also think i've been effected by this in the past. i remember having temporary vision problems. i don't remember seeing the static, but i remember similar visual issues that i now know are a direct result and observation of the visual snow. i don't remember it staying for days like it has the past few. i have a feeling it could be related to my diet and possibly the candida stuff.

Last edited by teh scud; 06-02-2008 at 04:48 PM..

fapling

see the neurologist before you try a chiropractic.

Oatmeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by fapling View Post
see the neurologist before you try a chiropractic.

seems like people on the forum recommend it the other way around. Reason is, a chiropracter can easy detect if your spine is out of place. There was a kid who suffered terrible migraines and very strong visual snow and it both went away by a simple readjustment. The kid and parents had to go through hoops with the neurologist.

I suffer from visual snow too.. it's not too bad as I got used to it. I kinda gave up before finding this thread.... so damned hard to explain this to the eye doc... and they seem to have no clue about this disease.

Oatmeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
i don't normally have floaters. i know what those are. this isn't floaters.

went to ophthalmologist today. he said my eyes were perfectly healthy. still register as 20/20 vision too. TV static-like "visual snow" is still here. the forum associated with the link in the OP has pretty detailed surveys and what not. there are no reports of visual snow leading to blindness. they recommend seeing a neurologist. the dominant theory is that the visual snow is the result of a persistant migraine aura without infarction - basically, a migraine that has visual side-effects but no pain (i've never been someone who gets headaches, and still don't). so next on my list is to see a neurologist.

this condition doesn't really stop me from doing anything. it's just something i notice and can sometimes be annoying. the condition seems to have other symptoms that correlate with it, which i do experience to some degree - so i'm looking for something that will help fix it, but it's not of grave concern to me. sometimes people report that something as simple as going to a chiropractor and getting their neck straightened has fixed it (another thing i plan on trying).

edit: i also think i've been effected by this in the past. i remember having temporary vision problems. i don't remember seeing the static, but i remember similar visual issues that i now know are a direct result and observation of the visual snow. i don't remember it staying for days like it has the past few. i have a feeling it could be related to my diet and possibly the candida stuff.

Hey scud, I hope you update us on this thread. I'm going through the same shit. I always thought it was because I use the computar too much.

fapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeals View Post
seems like people on the forum recommend it the other way around. Reason is, a chiropracter can easy detect if your spine is out of place. There was a kid who suffered terrible migraines and very strong visual snow and it both went away by a simple readjustment. The kid and parents had to go through hoops with the neurologist.

I suffer from visual snow too.. it's not too bad as I got used to it. I kinda gave up before finding this thread.... so damned hard to explain this to the eye doc... and they seem to have no clue about this disease.

any neurologist worth their salt should know exactly what you're describing when you go to them. don't know about the ophthalmologist, thought it seems weird they aren't familiar with this.

i know this is a touchy subject for many, but basically doctors > chiropractors because they're medical doctors...

a lot of the rapid movements chiropractors do can actually be very bad for your body, tear blood vessels, etc.

my opinion is, go to a neurologist. on the other hand, if you'd rather do a chiropractor, then go for it. it's your body, not mine.

Kaizen

I've noticed something similar to this before, when a friend of mine mentioned it to me. I usually only notice if i'm staring at a bright blank background like blue sky on a sunny day. I sort of just assumed it's a common thing, but no one really pays attention to it. If it's not causing any problems is there need to worry about it?

Also one of my dads friends did a candida diet and I think it helped him, I don't know if it helped him cause he really had candida, or because the diet is so strict, no sugar, no gluten, no caffeine, no processed foods. My bet is that if most people followed a diet like that they'd be feeling healthier.

Last edited by Kaizen; 06-06-2008 at 12:19 AM..

dovvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeals View Post

This one time, some guy came back from the dead and forgave all our sins as long as we don't have premarital sex or think impure thoughts.
Also I heard some guy was abducted by aliens and they did nothing but probe his butt for weeks but when he woke up, it was still the same day!

Just saying anecdotal evidence means shit.
Some people claim to know everything and to be able to heal everything. Those people are quacks. If you feel better after their treatment, it's nothing but a placebo-effect. (Believing in a treatment and having faith in a good outcome has (proven) physical effects like the release of opioid substances in our brain that make us feel better.) Chiropractic treatments can also cause serious damage to your body.

Doctors often have to search for a proper diagnosis and treatment, sometimes they find nothing. These people are trying to help you to the best of their abilities and that of western medicine.