General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Yo Woudi

Anyone a scuba diver? (PADI diver planner question)

I am getting certified and studying for my test next week but I am reviewing these two questions that I cant seem to figure out and was wondering if anyone would be able to clarify how you get the answer?

1. What is the minimum surface interval required between a dive to 18metres/60 feet for 40 minutes followed by a dive to 14 metres/50 feet for 60 minutes?

Minimum Surface Interval = ????

2. What is the minimum surface interval required between a dive for 20 metres/70 feet for 29 minutes followed by a dive to 14 metres/50 feet for 39 minutes?

I am not sure but somehow I think 4 minutes is the answer to the second one if I somehow worked it out right. I have no idea though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Yo Woudi

CharyouTree

From what I'm reading on that site:

Start in table 3. You want to be down (the second time) for 39 minutes at 50 feet. So you go to the 50 foot row, and go across. you're looking for a bottom number that's greater or equal to 60 minutes. That brings you to pressure group D. (note to self)

Go back to table 1. Go across to 60 feet, and down to a number greater or equal to 40 minutes. That's pressure group Q.

Now go across from Q to where D comes up. That's your surface interval necessary to stay down at 50 for 60 minutes. 1:12-1:20. Since it asks for minimum, I guess it's 1:12

153DCI (Blackhawk pilot/Instructor Pilot/Tactical Operations)

"Be polite, be professional, be prepared to kill everyone in the room."

CharyouTree

Second:

Second dive, you need to be in pressure group M
First dive puts you in pressure group N

They intersect at 4 minutes to 8 minutes.

So...4 minutes.

kristopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Woudi View Post
I am getting certified and studying for my test next week but I am reviewing these two questions that I cant seem to figure out and was wondering if anyone would be able to clarify how you get the answer?

1. What is the minimum surface interval required between a dive to 18metres/60 feet for 40 minutes followed by a dive to 14 metres/50 feet for 60 minutes?

2. What is the minimum surface interval required between a dive for 20 metres/70 feet for 29 minutes followed by a dive to 14 metres/50 feet for 39 minutes?

I am not sure but somehow I think 4 minutes is the answer to the second one if I somehow worked it out right. I have no idea though.

i got PADI qualified a few months ago. out of the 40 dives i've done since i havent used the table once. get a dive watch! 4 minutes is definitely not the bottom time for the second one though. ill see if i can figure it out sometime today.

CharyouTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopher View Post
i got PADI qualified a few months ago. out of the 40 dives i've done since i havent used the table once. get a dive watch! 4 minutes is definitely not the bottom time for the second one though. ill see if i can figure it out sometime today.

He's not looking for bottom time, he's looking for surface interval.

Manboobies
Seminole Joe

CharyouTree is correct. 1:12 for the first problem and 4 minutes for the second problem. Although, i was taught everything using the YMCA dive tables and they have a minimum surface interval of 10 minutes.

[M]ilitia

Yo Woudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopher View Post

I know, and dive computers can also be had almost as cheap as a nice watch. The thing is to take the test I need to answer these questions which isnt too hard.

CharyouTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Woudi View Post
I know, and dive computers can also be had almost as cheap as a nice watch. The thing is to take the test I need to answer these questions which isnt too hard.

Can you do it now with the learnage I gave you?

Yo Woudi

BTW thanks for the answers, understand it!