General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

dezerte

So I got a cat; it won't shut up.

Unneutered male. He is probably a teenager about now (in cat years), he just wont shut the FUCK up. It annoys the piss out of me and I'm going to go insane soon. I know he wants to get outside to mate or wahtever, but I don't have the money for anything right now, let alone getting him neutered.

I've been spraying him with water when he goes on his meowing spree, but he doesn't seem to make the connection that I don't like it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I go insane. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SGT Rob

I never owned a cat before but once had to house-sit a female one for a buddy. It was during the time when she was in heat and would not shut up as well. Not sure if males go through the same period of wanting to get it on. good luck sir

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

most states will neuter for free.... ?

Alternatively, if you want to be an asshole, let him out. He'll fuck all the neighborhood strays and won't have kittens... it's good to be the male.

DJFaceMachine
djfacemachine
Bluesultan is my hero

Why did you get a pet if you can't afford to take care of it?

Be responsible and look into reduced cost neutering. Call the animal shelter and they will tell you where to go.

26/f/vegas

SupermanwOOt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfacemachine View Post

Be responsible and look into reduced cost neutering. Call the animal shelter and they will tell you where to go.

This really seems to be the trend. More so with dogs though, tons of college aged kids get dogs, they grow up and arent puppies anymore so they bring them into the animal shelter and say they cant afford it/take care of it/have space for it. Then they get a new puppy the next week. Its sad really

Definitely look into neutering, its EXTREMELY important for cats, as well as declawing IMO. My cat is neutered and declawed, he is the least bother of any pet while still being fun and doesnt damage furniture with his front claws (still has back ones to help running away, climbing, etc if necessary). If the male cat starts "spraying" you are going to wish you covered your house in saran wrap. Only issue my cat has is losing hair, hes a Maine Coon and hates the hot summer.

fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanwOOt View Post
This really seems to be the trend. More so with dogs though, tons of college aged kids get dogs, they grow up and arent puppies anymore so they bring them into the animal shelter and say they cant afford it/take care of it/have space for it. Then they get a new puppy the next week. Its sad really

Definitely look into neutering, its EXTREMELY important for cats, as well as declawing IMO. My cat is neutered and declawed, he is the least bother of any pet while still being fun and doesnt damage furniture with his front claws (still has back ones to help running away, climbing, etc if necessary). If the male cat starts "spraying" you are going to wish you covered your house in saran wrap. Only issue my cat has is losing hair, hes a Maine Coon and hates the hot summer.
Neuter the cat - yes.

But I would *NEVER* declaw a cat. It's the equivalent to a human of taking off your fingers.

fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
most states will neuter for free.... ?

Alternatively, if you want to be an asshole, let him out. He'll fuck all the neighborhood strays and won't have kittens... it's good to be the male.
That's great until you have 5 kittens on your porch/doorstep.

dezerte

It's not like I went out and bought the animal because I wanted one, I won't even get into that. But thank you for the replies, I'll look into free neutering and stuff. I think he just wants to get out and seed other girl cats -_-.

Thank you all.

lopoetve

mine does it too. I haven't figured out what to do other than totally ignore him, he eventually stops, at least for the day. He's just a cat that wants constant attention.

Sarah Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezerte View Post
Unneutered male. He is probably a teenager about now (in cat years), he just wont shut the FUCK up. It annoys the piss out of me and I'm going to go insane soon. I know he wants to get outside to mate or wahtever, but I don't have the money for anything right now, let alone getting him neutered.

I've been spraying him with water when he goes on his meowing spree, but he doesn't seem to make the connection that I don't like it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I go insane. Thanks.

Get him fixed... he will only get worse.

This is not anything that you can train him out of. First he will start with the YEOWLING and then he'll start spraying in your house. Believe me when I say you don't want that, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING gets rid of the cat spray smell.

Get him fixed, that's your only real solution.

precision
I crown thee......Queen of PMO.....Thats the nicest ass I've ever seen on a Queen!

my cat is like that... he's about 3 years old, i got him from a shelter when he was just a few months and hes neutered. at first it was cute because he talks back to you but now hes just damn loud and annoying at times. ignoring him usually works the best, he'll get tired of trying to get my attention and then crash. hes great at ruining a nap too and if i ever have a day off from work (typically its 7 days) i have to make sure the bf locks him out when he leaves or else he wont let me sleep past the time my alarm usually goes off.

i dont really mind, hes got a lot of personality and after a while ive gotten a bit used to it.

also, for declawing.. i've heard its a very painful thing for cats. i could never do that to mine (even though my furniture is torn to shit.. thank god its cheap stuff lol)

qwyjibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfacemachine View Post

this.

fucking 's buying shit they can't afford and the novelty of it will wear off in a week.

Trailblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwyjibo View Post
this.

fucking 's buying shit they can't afford and the novelty of it will wear off in a week.

Like half my friends families have dogs that they don't take care of/want.

For example, one of my neighbors has an awesome mixed breed guy, but their kid who wanted him is too busy playing Call of Duty to walk the silly fucker and wear him out or teach him not to bite people, so he terrorizes the cats and breaks everything in the house except when I come over and play with him.

Then they complain their dog isn't trained and talk about getting rid of him.

ElectribeCyanide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiber View Post
Neuter the cat - yes.

But I would *NEVER* declaw a cat. It's the equivalent to a human of taking off your fingers.

No, its the equivalent of removing a tooth.

They take off the piece of calcium connecting the bone and fingernail which is where they make the break.

I volunteered at a vet place as a teenager and saw more than my fair share of declawings. It's more akin to getting your wisdom teeth removed since the cats are put unconscious and dosed with meds before they wake up.

craziest thing ever is watching animals wake up from being unconscious.

Edit: In a related note I had surgery on my big toes to remove the edges of the nails (ALL the way to the bone) and they only did local anesthesia to numb the toes. I watched them cut down to the bone and remove the sides of both big toes and the sew me up... Sure as hell didn't hurt and sure as hell thankful for it going down, ingrown nails were a lot worse then that.

Pigs
this broccolis is sufficient

your vet will let you have payments if you explain your situation I'm sure

Closed Thread