General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

redrum781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
just becuase you realise a fact, that he IS the president of your country and therefore your representative, doesn't mean you're supporting him or his career.

If I'm mistaken and asa was not insinuating that you support your president at all costs and turns, then I retract my insulting statements. asa can clarify.

edit- although he did say the poster was "pretty god damned stupid" so I doubt I misunderstood him. Once again, asa can clarify.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum781 View Post
You are retarded. Why would you support a man just because he's your president? Dissent is the one of the strongest forms of patriotism and it is every American's right, duty and responsibility. That's how you keep the government in check you fucking moron.

an excellent example of reading comprehension being trampled by emotions that come about from political beliefs
no matter if you disagree, no matter what you feel or believe, for the next four years, he's your president
do you have to agree with his policies, or his personal beliefs? no, because that won't change the fact that he's your president. do you have to like his weaknesses? do you have to admire his strengths? no on both counts, it's best to have a strong president as it reflects positively on our country, but weak or strong, it doesn't change the fact that he's the president

and because he expressed it better than i could, i'll quote John Scalzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scalzi
One of the reasons I have always registered as an independent voter is that I believe my highest allegiance as a voter is not to a political party but to the Constitution of the United States, the foundational document of our law. Our Constitution sets up the system we use to choose a president. If a candidate ó any candidate ó fulfills the requirements of that system to become our president, then I believe itís my duty to acknowledge that, yes, that candidate is now my president. I can criticize that president, argue with that president, loathe that president and work to replace that president in the manner allowed for by the ConstitutionÖ but what I canít do is deny that he or she is my president. Thatís wrong, factually and morally, and itís dismissive of the Constitution of the United States.

Asa of the Infidel Crew

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
edit- although he did say the poster was "pretty god damned stupid" so I doubt I misunderstood him. Once again, asa can clarify.

it is stupid, and it's misleading
shit, if that's the way your political beliefs run, one of the NObama stickers is better than that

Asa of the Infidel Crew

redrum781

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
an excellent example of reading comprehension being trampled by emotions that come about from political beliefs
no matter if you disagree, no matter what you feel or believe, for the next four years, he's your president
do you have to agree with his policies, or his personal beliefs? no, because that won't change the fact that he's your president. do you have to like his weaknesses? do you have to admire his strengths? no on both counts, it's best to have a strong president as it reflects positively on our country, but weak or strong, it doesn't change the fact that he's the president

and because he expressed it better than i could, i'll quote John Scalzi

OKay.... But do you believe that you are supposed support your president at all costs and turns as I said? Because I can not agree with that.

And I did read your entire post.

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like

Quote:
OKay.... But do you believe that you are supposed support your president at all costs and turns as I said? Because I can not agree with that.

And I did read your entire post.

No, his post states that it is your right to disagree with the president and you don't have to support his beliefs but you cannot deny that he IS your president, for better or worse.
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Sin View Post
No, his post states that it is your right to disagree with the president and you don't have to support his beliefs but you cannot deny that he IS your president, for better or worse.

MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
s but you cannot deny that he IS your president,

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T_h4x0r_d00d View Post

YOUR PRESIDENT IS BLACK

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
YOUR PRES-O-DENT IS BLACK

Not my president.

Reverend Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T_h4x0r_d00d View Post

"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:

redrum781

Quote:

I'm not sure what you're saying, it sounds to me like you're saying, that he's saying, you can't outright deny the person that your president is... or something

redrum781

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Woot, got my 100 round mag.

Here it is fitted up:

Zombies look out!

Yep, I can foresee this being useful.

Pyramid, don't read this please:
 BTW I'm refraining pointing out that even he can't come up with a good reason for owning one of these (no tard smiley here because I know you're reading this pyramid )  

wreakhavoc

Reverend Sin

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying, it sounds to me like you're saying, that he's saying, you can't outright deny the person that your president is... or something

Yes, that is basically the gist of it. Unless I'm wrong he's pointing out the fact that regardless of whether or not you agree with, like or support the president he is still in fact your president. The posted bumper sticker was "Not my president", which is technically inaccurate.

Closed Thread