General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Forever Domon

Recipe[M]ay: Chicken Stuffed Red Peppers

Nice simple Recipe[M]ay thread today that you can make in about half an hour, but it seems fancy for a special occasion

Ingredients:

#1) 3 red peppers
#2) 1 yellow onion
#3) 1 inch long piece of ginger
#4) 2 cups cubed chicken
#5) 1/2 cup rice
#6) Cottage cheese or ricotta
#6) Salt, pepper, spices to taste

The first step is to hollow out and prepare your peppers. Be sure to remove all the seeds and cut a big enough hole in the top, but still have a lip to keep your stuffing in. If you anticipate not having enough stuffing, save the pepper tops to seal them during cooking

Skin and roughly chop your onions and ginger (fresh ginger smells and tastes great, but has a really strong flavor, so adjust for taste). Be sure to not chop the onions too finely as you dont want them to turn to mush.

What makes this recipe so quick, is that you can do multiple steps at the same time. Saute your onions and ginger lightly so they are about 80% cooked, boil your chicken in a broth until cooked for safety, you want it to be cooked through enough that you can pull it apart with your hands, and prepare your rice, once again, cooked about 80%

Put all your ingredients in a large bowl, it should roughly be a 1:1:1 ratio, although slightly less onions is acceptable.

At this point, slowly add ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, until the mixture starts to stick together. The amount this takes will vary, also add your spices at this point and mix well

Put your pre-hollowed peppers in an oven pan which you coated with olive oil. I also like to coat the outside of the peppers with a coat of olive oil so they get a nice glaze when roasting.

Now stuff your peppers full of the mixture, dont be suprised if it takes more than you expect. I thought I was going to have way too much stuffing, but it filled 3 large peppers about exactly right.

Finally, bake on 300 for approximately 20 minutes, and then take out and enjoy. You can braze the tops if you would like a crusty sealed pepper as well, I chose not to this time.

Nice easy recipe that looks fancy for guests, and tastes excellent in my opinion. The combination of vegetables chicken and rice make for a filling meal where about half a pepper would be appropriate for each guest.

Hope you all enjoyed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TommyTheCat

thats looks pretty damn good.

Forever Domon

Oh, those werent cooked in the microwave, just for the record. Just took the final picture in front of it. You need a real oven

3nk1du

looks damn good, btw I have the exact same microwave

malamute face
Long time. Me lobe yoy long time.

How weird this thread is, because a couple of days ago, for the first time in my life, I decided to stuff baby sweet peppers with a beef + brown rice + tomato sauce + spices recipe.

I bought the peppers at Costco and ate some of them raw with hummus, and saw that I had about 2829832982 too many leftover.

I bet ricotta makes it so much creamier and sweeter.

Growler & I hate olives <3
Pyramid is my speakerhumper BFF

Total: 24

malamute face
Long time. Me lobe yoy long time.

Unrelated, today my homies and I met up at Pizzeria Luigi in Downtown San Diego for a few slices. I got two slices that had ricotta:

1) Meatball and ricotta
2) Spinach and ricotta

And HOLY FUCK, ricotta on pizza is amazing.

k thx
Growler & I hate olives <3
Pyramid is my speakerhumper BFF

Total: 24

diearzte2

If I stuff pepper I like to blanch them for a few minutes in just boiling water before putting them in the oven.

Forever Domon

Yep, thats pretty standard diearzte2. This was kind of a from-my-head recipe, so i decided I wanted them a little crispier and chose not to. I ate them by slicing them up into 8ths, and eating them like hors d'œuvres. I think if i had blanched, the pepper would have been a little too floppy to support the filling

Also, yes cindy, the ricotta makes the whole recipe, the rest is just filler basically

Forever Domon

aww, i get busy for a couple of days and i come back to a nice PM with 500 points . Yay frontpaged, thanks sanjay

alehark

Just made this tonight... pretty phenomenal. Thanks for the recipe!

Sage2k
I <3 DM

This looks good, im going to make this tonight except with green peppers (red ones were way too much)