General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

JoePits
this shit right here is some HARDCORE SHIT -- its made from PLANT SHIT

cheaper alternatives to isagenix

I know there's the lemon+molasses or maple syrup diet thing. Which is basically fasting but since beyonce said it and not me its widely accepted.

Anyways my sister wants to get isagenix and I'm way against it because its so expensive. I told her I would find something similar for cheaper. All I could find was mainstream things like Herbalife and Medifast or something.

I don't like the way isagenix is marketed like a MLM scheme so I'm pretty sure its marked up a ton and a huge profit margin is invovled. People throwing isagenix "parties" to make tons of money by scamming their friends wtf?

So whether or not this shit works or whatever, anyone know of a similar weight loss shake program that is a lot cheaper?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

their shake looks to functionally be syntha6 or similar combined with some added fiber and a multivitamin.

looking at their 30 day setup for ~350, depending on how many meals that replaces it honestly isn't THAT bad.

the vdiet is about the most functional shake based diet you can do - if you replace their overpriced protein they call for with the good off the shelff stuff like ON or similar its still a few hundred bucks a month but you'll shed weight - be you a girl or a boy

http://velocity.tmuscle.com/free_onl...ocity-diet-3-0

JoePits
this shit right here is some HARDCORE SHIT -- its made from PLANT SHIT

i never really thought about it that way. 3.50 a day to replace meals isn't bad.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongboy View Post
their shake looks to functionally be syntha6 or similar combined with some added fiber and a multivitamin.

looking at their 30 day setup for ~350, depending on how many meals that replaces it honestly isn't THAT bad.

the vdiet is about the most functional shake based diet you can do - if you replace their overpriced protein they call for with the good off the shelff stuff like ON or similar its still a few hundred bucks a month but you'll shed weight - be you a girl or a boy

http://velocity.tmuscle.com/free_onl...ocity-diet-3-0

Truth is though, the velocity diet (at least from what I've read about it) ...is brutal. Perhaps I sound like a pessimist, but I'd wager money on failing it especially in this case, if one is going to buy some gimmick diet because Beyonce said so. Not to insult or anything but yeah.

350 for meal replacement is terrible unlike you said imo, especially if you consider you're not really eating in the traditional sense of the word. If you want to torture yourself with some kenyan super deficit diet, why not just go with low fat curd(*)+flaxseed+multivitamins+protein shakes? You'll save 250 from that gimmick diet and will feel just as miserable with the same "healthy" diet...

(*)don't know do you americans have that in your grocery stores

Syndrome of a Downs - the highpriest of the temple of Shred

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Truth is though, the velocity diet (at least from what I've read about it) ...is brutal. Perhaps I sound like a pessimist, but I'd wager money on failing it especially in this case, if one is going to buy some gimmick diet because Beyonce said so. Not to insult or anything but yeah.

350 for meal replacement is terrible unlike you said imo, especially if you consider you're not really eating in the traditional sense of the word. If you want to torture yourself with some kenyan super deficit diet, why not just go with low fat curd(*)+flaxseed+multivitamins+protein shakes? You'll save 250 from that gimmick diet and will feel just as miserable with the same "healthy" diet...

(*)don't know do you americans have that in your grocery stores

have you priced protein, non shitty protein? you can't eat enough calories via protein or other methods for that much less. on the cheap vdiet which is 90% protein powder and vitamins and similar is ~300-400 for the 4 week cycles.

350/mo for food to me seems to be VERY affordable if you were consuming that much protein.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongboy View Post
have you priced protein, non shitty protein? you can't eat enough calories via protein or other methods for that much less. on the cheap vdiet which is 90% protein powder and vitamins and similar is ~300-400 for the 4 week cycles.

350/mo for food to me seems to be VERY affordable if you were consuming that much protein.

Perhaps you're right, I'm shooting off the hip here. I'd still guess that what I (jokingly) suggested above would be much cheaper. Like said, I don't know do you guys even put out curd (quark) in there, but it's pretty much 3/4 protein 1/4 carbs in nutrients it contains, no fat. Sure, it's not all protein if you're really going for broke...

But, as I said, I'm not a fan of these ideas so I guess I shouldn't have posted in the first place. Just kind of boggles me why anyone would sacrifice a month or two of actually eating and well, having a normal life when there are better alternatives. Unless one is some competitive bodybuilder or something like that...I'm not one, never will be one, and probably wouldn't have the willpower to be one even if I wanted to, so take these posts at that value.

Syndrome of a Downs - the highpriest of the temple of Shred