General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artesial View Post
That's like a child saying all beer tastes bad because it's bitter. Um yeah that's where the term "acquired taste" comes from. I didn't like scotch when I was 21 but now (6 years lager) I enjoy a nice glass towards the end of the night.

IPAs aren't for everybody but I'm certainly not forcing myself to drink 3 of them in a row. I don't like wine, I've tried about 25 kinds and I still prefer beer so I don't drink it, therefore I don't think I'm forcing myself to drink IPAs.

There you go three IPAs in a row is kind of nasty. Hence I mentioned "serious consumption" - IBUs are not a guage of manliness, taste, or anything except bitterness.

Also don't bring scotch into this, or "all beer" - false analogies. Imagine there was a version of scotch that had extra preservative agents in it to survive some sort of extreme conditions. Sure some people would like it - some people like objects inserted into their asshole too.

Also people who don't like wine are weirdos. Sorry but it's true. One of my friends can only drink it if he chugs it, always cracks me up.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
There you go three IPAs in a row is kind of nasty. Hence I mentioned "serious consumption" - IBUs are not a guage of manliness, taste, or anything except bitterness.

Also don't bring scotch into this, or "all beer" - false analogies. Imagine there was a version of scotch that had extra preservative agents in it to survive some sort of extreme conditions. Sure some people would like it - some people like objects inserted into their asshole too.

Also people who don't like wine are weirdos. Sorry but it's true. One of my friends can only drink it if he chugs it, always cracks me up.

So you are claiming that drinking IPAs is done to 'prove your manliness' yet anyone who doesn't drink WINE is a wierdo?

Contradictions?

Dont get me wrong, those who drink only IPAs tend to be middle-aged men who know nothing about beer at all. But making a consideration based on a style like that is fucking retarded.

I live in washington, Home of most of americas high alpha acid hops. Its part of our culture, and it has nothing to do with india

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3

Rancidpunk666

Cheap,beer - yuenglng or coors

dark beer Guinness extra stout, ill drink a sixer and feel like I popped a dozen percs

Beer if I'm getting fat - blue light.

Beer to get fuckered up beyond belief molson Canadian

Beer if I'm trying to be sophisticated. Kronenbrough

Beer if I am being sophisticated - mad Anthony's whiskey barell stout
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
Cheap,beer - yuenglng or coors

dark beer Guinness extra stout, ill drink a sixer and feel like I popped a dozen percs

Beer if I'm getting fat - blue light.

Beer to get fuckered up beyond belief molson Canadian

Beer if I'm trying to be sophisticated. Kronenbrough

Beer if I am being sophisticated - mad Anthony's whiskey barell stout

You know the most fattening thing about beer is actually the alcohol, which is also the case will almost all other liquors.

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3

Artesial

Quote:

And people used to wonder why we cracked jokes about high number user IDs back in the day.

Anyways back on topic, anyone ever try Rauch style beers? They're the smokey smelling ones that usually have a surprisingly smooth taste. I guess they smoke the grains before brewing, I've had 3 or 4 in the past (don't remember the brands) but they're very interesting. My friends call them "ham" beers because normally they smell like ham

Artesial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
I live in washington, Home of most of americas high alpha acid hops. Its part of our culture, and it has nothing to do with india

That's why Sam Adams has the Latitude 48 IPA, that region grows some very good hops for beer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/48th_parallel_north

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
So you are claiming that drinking IPAs is done to 'prove your manliness' yet anyone who doesn't drink WINE is a wierdo?

Contradictions?

Dont get me wrong, those who drink only IPAs tend to be middle-aged men who know nothing about beer at all. But making a consideration based on a style like that is fucking retarded.

How is it a contradiction? Wine also has many types and varieties, some of which appeal to me more than others.

Quote:
And people used to wonder why we cracked jokes about high number user IDs back in the day.

Well try cracking one then

someone else

Quote:

Anyways back on topic, anyone ever try Rauch style beers? They're the smokey smelling ones that usually have a surprisingly smooth taste. I guess they smoke the grains before brewing, I've had 3 or 4 in the past (don't remember the brands) but they're very interesting. My friends call them "ham" beers because normally they smell like ham

thats just HardOn. He thinks he knows everything, and that his opinion is the only true human thought, so just ignore him.

I'll drink pretty much anything, but my favorites tend to be Hefe's. And anything Magic Hat makes. Oh my dear christ, they've got one called "single chair". I think its a VT exclusive, i got a growler of it when i visited the brewery. Fucking. Delicious.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

People who don't like ANY wine are weird. Just like people who don't like ANY beer. It's a fact.

"I still finished the 6-packs of the other IPA's I bought. I just didn't enjoy them. I like having some flavor to go with the bitter. They're like the hot sauce companies that put out stuff that's all heat but doesn't have the taste to back it up."

This is a post from homebrew forums, I agree with this. I've had maybe one or two IPAs my whole life that I truly enjoyed. Most are just bitter for no reason.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
his opinion is the only true human thought

How is this different from you or any other poster here?

someone else

Quote:
How is this different from you or any other poster here?

i don't see anyone here thinking you're wrong for not liking IPA's, but you seem to be genuinely miffed that somebody actually enjoys an IPA and that he's "forcing himself to drink shit beer".

Some people like some things, other people like others. Most people actually respect other people's opinions. You're of the mindset that if it doesn't coincide with how you think, somebody else is wrong and stupid.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
i don't see anyone here thinking you're wrong for not liking IPA's, but you seem to be genuinely miffed that somebody actually enjoys an IPA and that he's "forcing himself to drink shit beer".

Some people like some things, other people like others. Most people actually respect other people's opinions. You're of the mindset that if it doesn't coincide with how you think, somebody else is wrong and stupid.

Those are your words not mine. Normally when people quote something it's an actual quote. There's a hipster beer crowd that simply takes what their local brewery gives them, then talks about "real flavor" which isn't even there. Just way too many IBUs. I think the hot sauce analogy is a good one, at a certain point it's just stupid. So is anyone who brings "manliness" into a beer discussion!

Some IPAs are better than others and one day maybe Ill try one that I like. With food or something.

SamFarber

Quote:
I gotta say this is my favorite Unibroue: http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/21/product

$15 a bottle but well worth it.

That sounds good. "Pleasantly lingers on" happens to be my Indian name.

SamFarber

I would like to try beer that is unpasteurized. I had one of those Abby (Chimay- probably considered a joke but there isn't much variety where I went) beers once and it was fantastic. I had it again and it was not so good. I suspect it was not stored properly or wasn't fresh.

I can't imagine how pasteurization doesn't destroy most of the goodness in a beer.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
I would like to try beer that is unpasteurized. I had one of those Abby (Chimay- probably considered a joke but there isn't much variety where I went) beers once and it was fantastic. I had it again and it was not so good. I suspect it was not stored properly or wasn't fresh.

I can't imagine how pasteurization doesn't destroy most of the goodness in a beer.

http://jarticle.hubpages.com/hub/Unpasteurized_Beers

(scroll down for listing)

Pyramid, Widmer and Kona come to mind, pretty commonly found in supermarkets. Speaking of that Kona Lager is way delicious. I can have like five right now...

I love live beer. Don't you have a brewery nearby?