General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gribly

Yeah, I would NEVER get caught dead at a range like that. Then again, I'm not often found anywhere near other people except for work, especially if I am using firearms. Too many rules and at places like that. I use my dirtbike as transportation to where I shoot, my Pentax scope hasn't lost zero in the sling or in the bed of a truck yet. That said, of course I envy your gear, but I don't understand why you're using the term minute of angle to describe your scope's center over bore. Ideally you want it as low as physically possible. Minute of angle is a geometry term used in firearms to describe bullet deflection from point of aim. It is a term used to describe on average how close a gun can shoot to it's point of aim. For example, my 10/22 is roughly a 1.5 MOA rifle, and it's what I shoot most often. It's capable of dropping beer cans with every shot at 150 yards with just about anyone behind the trigger as long as I spot them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gribly

My stock p230 is still my favorite by far, even over a tuned 1911 or my Beretta 96 with all the factory Elite II parts and springs. Shoots in line with where my index finger points so I don't need to use the sights at close range, and has a fixed barrel so when I use the sights it hits roughly the same spot in the same sight picture every time and is more accurate than I am. That and I have a holster for it that makes it basically disappear into any type of clothing all the way down to just swimming trunks and crocs, kinda the most important part.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Yeah, I would NEVER get caught dead at a range like that. Then again, I'm not often found anywhere near other people except for work, especially if I am using firearms. Too many rules and at places like that. I use my dirtbike as transportation to where I shoot, my Pentax scope hasn't lost zero in the sling or in the bed of a truck yet. That said, of course I envy your gear, but I don't understand why you're using the term minute of angle to describe your scope's center over bore. Ideally you want it as low as physically possible. Minute of angle is a geometry term used in firearms to describe bullet deflection from point of aim. It is a term used to describe on average how close a gun can shoot to it's point of aim. For example, my 10/22 is roughly a 1.5 MOA rifle, and it's what I shoot most often. It's capable of dropping beer cans with every shot at 150 yards with just about anyone behind the trigger as long as I spot them.

Basically the net result is that my crosshairs are closer to (on) the target when i am shooting at 1km+. If you wanted to knock over cans at 300 yards, you would need to angle your gun, lob the shots in, but you would be at the bottom of your scope picture, that is what I was doing at 1.2km, but I had my elevation dialed all the way up, plus I had to hold the crosshairs above the target. Which is fine, it is designed for this, but when I go further out it gets trickier.

By adding a canted rail, my elevation adjustment range will include 1.2, 1.4km and beyond, i can be on crosshairs, not manually adding it. Well past the limits of magnification of the scope and my eyes.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 11-14-2017 at 09:43 AM..

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

You're allowed to own any damn gun you want... and plenty of wilderness to go fuck around in.

We have a handgun roster... Ever shrinking list of handguns you are allowed to own. Nothing new, and a lot of old guns get dropped each year.

Next year we need background checks to buy ammo. FFL receives online ammo orders and holds it while background check is run, plus waiting period I believe.

Also re: not going to range.. i agree, i only go for sighting in and socializing I guess. We don't have the same access to free wilderness, have to drive 2ish hours to get to BLM land.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Basically the net result is that my crosshairs are closer to (on) the target when i am shooting at 1km+. If you wanted to knock over cans at 300 yards, you would need to angle your gun, lob the shots in, but you would be at the bottom of your scope picture, that is what I was doing at 1.2km, but I had my elevation dialed all the way up, plus I had to hold the crosshairs above the target. Which is fine, it is designed for this, but when I go further out it gets trickier.

By adding a canted rail, my elevation adjustment range will include 1.2, 1.4km and beyond, i can be on crosshairs, not manually adding it. Well past the limits of magnification of the scope and my eyes.

Kilometers!?

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

is that a BLT w/ gauc?

Ajit Pai is the biggest dirtbag on the planet.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:

"too many rules"

Please, do not fire your weapon(s) at your fellow gun enthusiasts. Thank you.

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

shut up gun fags

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

rabble-rabble-rabble-rabble-rabble-rabble

aoeoae

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
is that a BLT w/ gauc?
LGBT

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Kilometers!?

yes, scroll back a few pages and check out my pics from my last trip to BLM

http://www.genmay.com/showpost.php?p...postcount=2203

http://www.genmay.com/showpost.php?p...postcount=2204

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
is that a BLT w/ gauc?

easy 2 dollar upsell for the cute waitresses

probably 1/6th of a $1.20 avocado

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
shut up gun fags

lock and delete the fagball thread and maybe we'll stop the gun chat

gribly

Quote:
"too many rules"

Please, do not fire your weapon(s) at your fellow gun enthusiasts. Thank you.

You have no idea. No rapid fire, chamber flags, can only shoot when range is hot, Elmer Fudd giving me the stink eye, idiots flagging you, and some ranges only let you shoot ammo purchased there. Also, tannerite.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
You're allowed to own any damn gun you want... and plenty of wilderness to go fuck around in.

We have a handgun roster... Ever shrinking list of handguns you are allowed to own. Nothing new, and a lot of old guns get dropped each year.

Next year we need background checks to buy ammo. FFL receives online ammo orders and holds it while background check is run, plus waiting period I believe.

Also re: not going to range.. i agree, i only go for sighting in and socializing I guess. We don't have the same access to free wilderness, have to drive 2ish hours to get to BLM land.

True, I didn’t mean to make it sound like I was knocking you hard for going to a range, just wanted to express my disgust with ranges like that. Yeah, we can own anything we want here that the ATF won’t shoot my cat over. I’m actually headed to the local Sherrif’s outpost in a few minutes for a bi-annual service on their HVAC equipment, and they love talking guns. One of them has a suppressed shotgun that he swears up and down is completely legal without a tax stamp because it’s legally a just a gigantic flash hider on the end of it that happens make it more ear friendly.